Hair transplantation clinics in Dallas

Dayalan,

Welcome to the forum and HTN site. I don't know about Dallas..............you may want to review the list of Coalition Surgeons recommended by this site. The list represents physicians who adhere to the highest of standards in the industry. Dr. Limmer, who is a recommended surgeon, has a practice in San Antonio.

My advice..........if you plan to use another surgeon outside those recommended through the Coalition listing at this site, plan to invest your time wisely and heavily research the surgeon/clinic to be sure they can offer what you're looking for. There are many surgeons and clinics with great advertising who can deliver less than optimal results.

Would you mind sharing your particular situation? Have you had a transplant before? Where are you on the Norwood Scale of loss and what is your age? Are you doing anything for loss prevention (Propecia or Minoxidil)?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Dayalan:

Hi,

I am new to this group. I would like to know is ther anyone doing hair transplantation nearby Dallas.

I'm gonna be goin to a consultation with Dr Samuel Lam there in Dallas this Thursday. I will know more then but have read and heard some good things..

Originally posted by Dayalan:

Hi,

I am new to this group. I would like to know if there is anyone doing hair transplantation nearby Dallas?

Well I went to my consultation with Dr Samuel M Lam today in Dallas. Well to start off I was misinformed or I misinterpreted the cost I got on the phone. I was told the cost was per session...stage 1 1-1600 was $5450.00

stage 2 1600 to 2800 was $7428.00

stage 3 2800-3900 at $8506.00, and stage 4 was 3900-5200 for $9523.00 When I was on the phone I assumed they meant grafts..they were talkin about individual hairs. Their site looks good at www.hairtx.com

The other drs that have seen my hair told me I need about 1500 grafts.. I was told at the Lam institute I needed 4500 hairs wich is $9523.00.

I was also disappointed that they would not give me more than 1/2 cm of frontal coverage more than the hairline that I have..I'm not paying $10,000 bucks and not take care of my receding hair line..which is the whole reason I'm gettin this done...When most doctors say they are gonna do 1500 grafts..approximately how many hairs is that? Also I think that if we the customer are paying for this and we want the frontal to come down like (other people) and don't mind the risk of it being thinner on top in later years then that should be our choice. What is you guys take on this?

Originally posted by Lon:

Also I think that if we the customer are paying for this and we want the frontal to come down like (other people) and don't mind the risk of it being thinner on top in later years then that should be our choice. What is you guys take on this?

Surgeons probably don't want to ruin their reputations by giving patients teenage hairlines that will make them look ridiculous when they are older when they are left with a hairline and nothing behind it and not enough donor to fill all the bald area. Everyone will want to know who was responsible for it...

PB

Wouldn't 1,500 grafts represent anywhere from 1,500-4,500 hairs?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Anytime a clinic bases pricing on individual hairs it is a scam, period. 9,500-11,000 dollars should be the price for 2500 to 3000 grafts at a really good clinic, due to the way most ETHICAL clinics charge these days. I had over 6000 HAIRS in my HT of 3000+ grafts. I do not know Dr. Lam, but if you are willing to pay 10,000 for him, why not call Dr. Shapiro or H&W for THE BEST??????????

Quit wasting your time with these scam quacks and get serious about your hairloss.

D-- Yes, if a doctor harvested 1000 NATURALLY OCCURING FU'S, the hair count could be 1500 to 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's take the unbelievable deal Dr. Lam is giving Lon. Say the good doctor harvested 800 FU's, right? Let's say that 400 of them are 3 hair grafts 200 are 1's and 300 2's (800 total). That would be 2000 HAIRS. That is 800 GRAFTS people!!!!!! For 7500 BUCKS!!!!!

How about 1500 naturally occuring fu's??? Let's say 500 1's, 500 2's and 500 3's. That's 3000 hairs, which is 8500 dollars!!!!!!!!

I hope I have cleared up this ridiculous, exorbitant, price gouging for everyone. icon_biggrin.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for the advice, yea I was shocked at the misrepresentation of that clinic..But I guess you live and learn. I did send Dr Shapiro my pics for a consultation..gonna see how much that costs..I know it would be a long flight..

why would you let the length of a flight be a deciding factor when making such an important decision. do the research pick one of the best and book your flight. i 12 hours and two flights to get to the Doctor i felt would be best for me and would do it again in a heartbeat,the travel will be a distant memory while the hair remains!

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Lon, that is a good idea, if only to see how a top clinic evaluates your hairloss both now and in the future. Regardless of cost pr travel, you will notice the difference!!!!! I know I did.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.