Biotin dosage

I remember reading a post (along time ago now) by Dr. Limmer or one of his staff in which they stated the only medications/vitamins that they have seen help with hair loss is Finasteride, Minoxidil and Biotin.

Originally posted by Fingers Crossed:

The recommended daily dosage for Biotin is 30 - 70 micrograms for teens and adults. Biotin is better absorbed without the presence of protein.

My Hair Loss Website - HT with Dr. Hasson

I have a Hair, Nail, and Skin supplement that I bought that has 3mg per pill. They recommend 3 pills per day, so 9mg daily. I think that is 900ug.

This probably does nothing, but thought I would give it a try along with MSM.

Maxxy,

I recall the post you're referring to, however no answer was provided when I disputed the statement they made that Biotin may help stop hair loss. Everything I've read about Biotin suggests there's absolutely no evidence that it can slow down, stop, or reverse the progression of male pattern baldness. If someone has information on this to suggest otherwise (other than a simple claim), I'd love to see it.

Best wishes,

Bill

"Biotin supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins for energy use. Super Potency Biotin is designed to provide ample amounts of this essential nutrient to maximize its benefits. Biotin also helps to support healthy skin and hair"

So says the back of my bottle, which is "Super Potency" Biotin at 5000 mcg. It's a very small tablet, about the size of a generic Finasteride pill. Relatively inexpensive at $10.00 for a 60 tablet supply.