all done 2376 with doc Rose

• 2 weeks later...

Troy, your experience is an inspiration to us all, we all want to better our lives and be able to trust the evaluation of patients on this forum, and am most impressed with Dr.Rose's work, your photos show great work!

hairForAll thanks!! Ok I am 3 and a half months post op and will be setting up my web log tommorrow , if I can figure it out, lol. I was on Hasson and wongs web site looking at peoples month by month pics, it seems between 3.5 months and forward is where results start to kick in, I cant wait!! Also I am now down 25 lbs and close to top shape!! I would recomend anyone who has a ht to, once you heal enough to go on a body transformation as well, and get into shape. It takes the focus of the "waiting" part so when your hair does come in you look good all over, a new you!! So anyway my update, I can see little hairs coming in. and try to document evry month now with over head shots as well. Thanks for the support!!

• 3 weeks later...

ok my web log is up. in 2 days I will be 4 months post op and post my 4 month pics. Im not sure if I can see results, this waiting can really play mind games, sometimes it seems like i can see results and other times i cant really tell. I can see some of the ht hairs growing. I have looked at a lot of pics and it seems 4-7 months are the big ones , so I am hoping. check out my web log let me know what you think, thanks

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the update. Looks like things are coming along for you and I do see notable improvement versus the pre-op pisc but, I agree, I think you'll see a noticable difference in the next few months. In your case it's a little more difficult to see the progress because your work wasn't on the hairline or a completely bald area.

Thanks for the update and keep us posted. Lookin' good! icon_cool.gif

An

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 weeks later...

4 and a half month update. I had a Ultimate fighting championship party last night at my home, My great friend said to me "you dont look like your loosing your hair anymore" this came from a guy who will never have issues at all with hairloss and has no clue about MPB and obviosly doesnt know it doesnt just stop and start growing again. My sister in law told my mom I am looking very handsome. And I have been dating freequently. I have not promoted my doctor to much or his work as I wanted to see it first hand. Now at 4 months I can say having a ht with DR Rose was one of the most gratifying things I have ever done. My results you would never know I had a HT, my donor looks awesome. This whole expirence is very emotional, the anxioty in the beggining, will it look good, will it be undetectable, will it be worth it. Only those who have lost thier hair and restored it can understand how great it is to have hair again!!! I feel like that little edge I was missing before is back. I would highly recommend Dr Rose. I will prolly go back for one more hopefully 3000 and dense pack everything, but will evaluate that decision at 7-8 months. I am so greatfull I found this site to guide, educate, support me. Had I not found this site I may have gone to bosley or some other chain. This site helped me to become educated so I could make an informed decision. Thanks everyone for all your support and comments I have learned a lot, and at times laughed a lot, thanks Pat for this site. I will update my 5 months post op pics may 1st on my web blog. I would like to attatch my web blog to my posts but dont know how to attach it to this, so how do I do that?

Troy:

I agree. This web site is a god-send when it comes to knowing what the hell is going on out there. There is alot of misery, just not with HT's but with other procedures, that are being avoided because of the internet where the pricks and quacks don't get their way as easily with the public----truly knowledge is power. About 10 years ago my brother was going to get all these procedures done at a chain, simply because he went in for a consulation after hearing an ad and was told all these great things about flaps, etc. Luckily his job responsibilities made the procedures impossible. He had no real way to check at the time-now we do. I had a procedure three months ago and except for the pimples and in-grown hairs, I could not ask for a better experience. My procedure was done by Doctor Bernstein and although he gets some criticsm on this forum for conservative hairlines and cost, I was very pleased with everthing. At three months I am not sure how the end result will look, but I am a 6 and had repairs done and no one even knew I had the repairs or 2400 graphs when I returned to work 10 days later. Even if my transplants don't grow I don't have the punch holes in my crown, which I absolutedly hated.

• 3 weeks later...

5 month update. I just added a bunch of pictures to my web blog. I found some better pre op pics taken at shapiro the day of surgery. Matt Z did mist spray my hair with water to really show the extent of my hair loss, but you can really see how far I have come. I was wondering what you guys think, I am still thin you can see that on my over head. I was thinking one more dense packing of 3000-3500 should about do it, what do you think? Also do you think I will see much improvements between now and the next year? should i wait a year to make my decision to finish or get it done sooner? thanks guys.

Troy,

You've really come on in the last couple of months. Your progress really hit home when I viewed the last pre-op pic you posted.............night and day difference.

As for a little thinning on top.........IMO it's not too bad and the view from front/sides/back is way more important. If I end up with anything close to that look from HT #2 I'll be done. You have the "appearance" of a full head of hair which is what we're all trying to achieve.

I'd given it some time as it will continue to thicken for the next 6 months or more. Also, you may want to hold off in case of future loss. Are you taking propecia or anything to assist in that effort?

You're results are great..........keep posting the updates.

If you email Pat he'll attach your Hair Loss Weblog to your posts for you.

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I have been on propecia since last september. I will email Pat again and ask him to get my web blog on my posts. I have found its so easy to give others sound advise, however when it comes to myself its not so easy, so I aprreciate your advise Hairbank , it makes sence. I guess I am on a roll and love getting my hair back and want to finish it.

• Administrators

Troy,

It's been fun reading your account and seeing your progress. Even at only five months you've made great progress.

Thanks also for documenting your experience with a Blog. I have edited your profile so that your posts will now automatically have a link to your blog.

Those who would like to add such a link to all their posts, click here for instructions. However, if anyone needs any help in doing this please email. I'd be happy to set it up for you as well.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Troy, seems to me you have a full head of hair. My advice, for what it is worth, is take your time before you have another HT. You risk shock loss for one and for two why not save your donor hairs until you really need them?

Update, I am over 5 months post op and loving my results!!! I never wear a hat anymore, I have had a lot of people compliment me on my hair, but noone knows ive had a ht!!! They say I look healthier, but cant put a finger on it. I went out dancing the other night and one person couldnt belive i am 32, but this is the best of all of it. (Because everyone on here has been so supportive i have to share this.) My ex left me for another man about 3 years ago, and i saw her give me a triple take the other day at my sons conferences, and I have to admit it was a nice feeling- how do you like noooowwwwww!!!! Having this done i feel like the old me is back, like I have my edge again. Thanks again DR Rose and shapiro staff and all on this forum and community for all of your support and wonderfull advise!!!!

Troy,

Great story about the ex............how apropos!! It's kind of the icing on the cake...don't you think? Good news is that, at just over 5 months, you're going to continue to thicken and grow for another 6-7 months icon_cool.gif. Have fun and enjoy the new look!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Quick plug on shapiro clinic and Dr Rose. I am almost 6 months post op and will post my 6 months pics around june 1st. Anyway i had a question about shedding and called Matt Zupan at shapiro. He must have told Dr rose I asked a question, so DR Rose called me today to follow up and gave me his cell phone number in case i have any other concerns. Its very satisfying to know that almost 6 months later they still care, and that my doc personally followed up with me. Not only do I have incredible results, but this kind of service is rare in any industry. Its all of these reasons I recommend Dr Rose and Shapiro medical.