all done 2376 with doc Rose

I went in this morning, traffic was aweful, it took me hour and 20 minutes to get 15 miles away to shapiro office. Anyway I love the staff they have great chemistry there. They cut my hair, and I love my new dew. It wasnt painfull. the hardest thing about the whole day is sitting in that chair all day, we finished at 7pm. My expirence was like others who have posted on here. I was really amazed at the technitians, At one point I have 7 working on me. I was surprized at how much work is behind follecular hts, Theses ladies busted there tails, They were all so sweet and fun to talk with. I have been taking pics after I go back tomorrow for my wash I will post more pics. because my results are a ways out I will only comment on what I know, and that is shapiro group gives first class service and has a first class team. Dr rose was the doc. I will post my progress. oh also I drove home form the surgery and immedaitly jump bac into being a daa and gave my boys baths and put all three kids to bed. Tommorow I have a slumber party at my home, and feel as long as I wear a hat everything will be fine. If anyone has any questions just ask.

I went in this morning, traffic was aweful, it took me hour and 20 minutes to get 15 miles away to shapiro office. Anyway I love the staff they have great chemistry there. They cut my hair, and I love my new dew. It wasnt painfull. the hardest thing about the whole day is sitting in that chair all day, we finished at 7pm. My expirence was like others who have posted on here. I was really amazed at the technitians, At one point I have 7 working on me. I was surprized at how much work is behind follecular hts, Theses ladies busted there tails, They were all so sweet and fun to talk with. I have been taking pics after I go back tomorrow for my wash I will post more pics. because my results are a ways out I will only comment on what I know, and that is shapiro group gives first class service and has a first class team. Dr rose was the doc. I will post my progress. oh also I drove home form the surgery and immedaitly jump bac into being a daa and gave my boys baths and put all three kids to bed. Tommorow I have a slumber party at my home, and feel as long as I wear a hat everything will be fine. If anyone has any questions just ask.

troy,

Great to hear of your positive experience.

Remember to keep the hat off of those grafts when you wear it. You don't want the material sticking to the recipient area and pulling some grafts out by taking it off. A loose bandana works well too.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• Administrators

Troy,

Congratulations on making the leap of faith and becoming yet another alumni of the Shapiro Medical Group and Dr. Rose. I have had surgery with both Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Rose so I'm certainly a fan as well.

I hope you will keep us all posted on your progress.

Best wishes for a bumper crop of new hair.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Thanks everyone for your support and answering all my questions, this is such a emotional thing to go through. Now that im done and waiting to heal, I feel such a relief to be this far and have it behind me. I send pics of my after to robert, so if gets a chance to add them, they will all be on my photo album, thanks again to everyone. I will keep everyone posted , my next pics will come when my stitches are taken out.

5 day update, Things are healing fast, I still have scabbing,but I think will be all but gone in a few days(hopefully) its a weird feeling the top of my head itches, but is totally numb. I have only told half my family, and so far the ones that i havent told, dont have a clue. When I came into this I wondered could you do it with noone knowing? the answer is yes, but you would need to hide out for about 10-14 days. And if you didnt have a lot of reddness, it seems some have more than others. also if you have a hair on top to cover the the scabs it helps a lot too.

Good luck Troy, get ready for the ups and downs, you will hear many variations of growth time and its true everyone is different, i will share with you my timeline, i think im a slow grower, you should be ready for spring and especially summer of 06.

-day of surgery-nervous as hell

-Night of surgery in hotel- emotional and excited like a little kid

-1st month-excited but fading as graphs fallout and red tinge remains

-2nd & 3rd month-constantly checking mirror but nothings happening, beginning of doldrums

-4th month- everyone says this is where you see it, not for me, very small signs of growth

-5th month-ok starting to come in but not very evenly

-6th & 7th month- biggest change so far, beginning to get the picture, hoping it fills in thicker

-8th month getting thicker, realizing this is not enough for me, planning my next procedure

-8 months 2 weeks(as of today)-growing at normal rate, not blending in quite yet, almost a different color, looks very natural, most couldnt tell i had procedure, for me a little thin still, satisfied with my procedure-very quality work just to thin for me so i booked again for Feb. 06 switching clinics but "ABSOLUTELY" no bad feelings with Shapiro only shifting gears for me.

I will be watching for your updates, good luck troy, i will try and figure out this picture thing and get my own story up for veiwing.

Glad to hear it Troy. I'm 3 months and 7 days post op by Dr. Rose. I can see a 5 o'clock shadow, but very few hairs are coming out. I'm confident the results are going to be great, I have given up looking though. I will start to think about it again in 6 weeks or so.

Quick update. I am 8 days post op and had a big party at my home last night. I didnt wear a hat and noone had a clue I had this procedure done just over a week ago, or I have a head full of stitches. DR Rose At shapiro and the staff have done a magnificent job. A major concern to me was being able to get back into the spot light fast. I said I will praise them as my results come through, but not untill. I am extatic I have healed so fast. I attribute this to the quality work at shapiro and dr Rose. I do have existing hair to camaflage it, and reddness does not seem to be an issue for me. Ill post more as I progress.

it's been 6 days since my procedure, most the scabs have fallen off, still some crushing, and redness, a couple plugs came out, and some of the plugs look like big pimples, one bled when I touched it. Is this similar to your experiences? Do you think a cotton scarf will cause damage at this point?

GETTINHAIRSOON, When you say you had plugs come out, what do you mean? I dont feel comfortable saying yes, as I dont know your doc, or his or her recommendations. My thanks to shapiro staff and dr .rose, I am pretty much totally healed, all I have left to do is get my stitches out next week. I am pretty much now back to my normal routine, and at 6 days I would have had no problems wearing anything on my head.

Yes i will tell you, i have actually fought with my decision lately, i will be absolutely honest and this is my opinion so i dont need anybody jumping on me or defending Dr. Shapiro he is "TOP NOTCH" we all know that, you never read anything bad about Shapiro Medical Group.

No need to expect a flame for sharing your experience, mudpuppy. It's not like you came out giving lots of unfounded opinions that have no base in fact. You gave an account of your experience. That's what the forums are for. icon_smile.gif

The only thing I have to say about your post is in response to this:

but there is proof out there that 5000 graph procedures are a success and many clinics are increasing the donor count.

Well, there certainly are large sessions being done but one has to take into account that apples aren't always being compared to apples in graft counts. Check out this thread and this thread to read some varying opinion.

It's unfortunate that your experience hasn't yet lived up to your expectations. I sincerely hope that Hasson & Wong will be able to accomodate your goals. Keep us informed.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Mudpuppy, I wont attack you. We all have our goals and finding the right DR to get us to our goals is important. I did ask Dr Rose about why dont they push things a little more, Basically he said it wasnt worth risking it. I asked Matt about this as well, he said it most cases you will be fine going aggressive, however consider, if its 5% that goes bad, for the 5% to them they feel 100%. I thought about this a lot, we all want to have hts to improve our self confidence. I have read many post of what its like when things go wrong, As I ponder the big sessions more I am becoming somewhat more conservative, if it 5% something can go wrong, a scar strething, grafts not taking, grafts in an area not taking, depleted donor and not enough for future hairloss, all the things that can possibly happen, I am inclined to be conservative and plan for the worst case senario, and hope for the best, this is a slower process, but I would rather not take risks on disfigurment and burn up donor supply. I do feel that if a patient knows going into a session it will take about 5-6 thousand grafts that they should have some say in how many they can have, and maybe go 3000-3500 and follow it up accordingly, this way you havent made any risky decisions and can cosmetically get to your goal faster, and have left over donor. Hasson and wong have had good reviews and great after pics, They just seem to have a different philosphy than shapiro, and time will tell hasson and wong will be applauded as pioneers, or we will hear the cry of unsatified patients, I dont think this will happen soon, as it will take time to see how the jumbo sessions pan out 4-5 years from now and the donor area becomes a issue. I am excited to read your up coming post and how liked your expirence with hasson and wong, Im sure you will be happy. just my 2 cents

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Troy,

Six weeks would be very early for even sprouts. But by Spring you should be ready for a bumper crop. Please keep us all posted and feel free to document your progress with a blog at http://www.HairLossWeblogs.com

Best wishes for a bumper crop

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Troy,

As the clique goes "Now comes the hard part - wating". Try to forget about the hair transplant until you are pleasantly surprised by the new sprouts in a couple of months.

We all look forward to hearing and seeing your updates.

Best wishes for great results.

Pat

My Hair Loss Blog

I do have a trick to speed up the time. I shifted gears and started bodybuilding and am make awesome improvements, Im down almost 20lbs and should be in top physical condition when the hair comes in. I does take the focus off the hair and time goes by pretty fast.

I agree. Although I have yet to get a procedure done, lifting weights helps me forget about my hair loss.....for at least for two hours....or until I look in the mirror.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...