2 HT = 10,407 graphs

NicNitro

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numb icon_smile.gif

I was told by Dr. Hasson that I have 4000 to 5000 left in my donor bank. I will not have a 3rd strip done. Because of the original bridge of hair which is about 2,000 graphs, (the strip of hair that went straight across the middle of my head) I will stay on avodart and wait and watch.

Then if for some reason I need the fill in work I have donor hair left for repair work.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

Total: 10,407

Mr. Nitro,

Do you have donor hair like a beaver pelt?? Has anyone measured your head?? icon_smile.gif Man you're going to start some pissin wars with this thread. icon_biggrin.gif In all my research I have never heard of a donor area like that other than a non-balding individual. The results look great! You must be thrilled. Good on ya.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey Nic, thanks for sharing your results so far. I can't wait to see your final results!

Here is link to some video we took with more to come in the next few days.

NicNictro Video Chatting With Dr. Hasson

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

In HT#1 I had 3754 placed up front and 2525 placed in the crown.

HT#2 had 1230 singles up front and 2898 multiples in the crown.

Total: 4984 up front & 5423 in the crown.

If memory serves me correctly in HT 1 I had around 1800 singles. Roughly then 3030 singles and 7377 multiples.

I am not sure if H & W keeps track of 2,3, & 4 graph counts, but I will find out.

Let's assume: 75% were doubles, 20% were triples and 5% were quads.

Doubles: 5532.75 * 2 = 11,065.5

Triples: 1475.4 * 3 = 4426.2

Quads: 368.85 * 4 = 1475.4

Singles: 3030

Total: 19,997 <-- this is a conservative guess, based on facts from the count sheets I saw during the HT operations.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

NicNitro,

Glad to see you finally made it over to this forum. I've been following your progress for quite sometime over on the other forums. Watching your progress along with Biscuits, Bushy's, JoTronic, Bobman, and a few others, convinced me to go to Dr. Hasson for my final surgery. Over 10,000 grafts! That's incredible. You were already a hairy man after your first surgery...you are certainly going to be very hairy after this next one. I will be following your results for this too. Thanks for posting and I hope you'll keep us updated.

Bill

Thank you - I waited awhile to come here, it seemed like there was a pissing contest going on that I didn't want to get sprayed with.

It seems to be over so I thought I'd post here as well. I know people get stuck on favorite sites (like me), so there might be a few who don't venture out.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

you look great Nick.

I have a question regarding the beefing up on the center of the hairline: is that to give it a puff look or was it thinner than the rest? I think you did the smart thing by only reinforcing the first few cm of the hairline...your crown will thank you soon icon_smile.gif

Hey Nic!!! I know I already congratulated you on HLH, but Congrats Again!!!!!!!

Man, you are going to look awesome buddy!!!!!!

GREAT INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by studentjay:

Nick,

I am so sorry you have to go through so much surgery to regain your hair. I hope this last one will give you an acceptable look. I guess I am pretty lucky, I only need 5000 grafts.

StudentJay,

I doubt NicNitro is feeling to sorry with that donor production and his great result. In fact, he probably feels great about his result and he should!

Also, you are 25 yrs old and say you only need 5000. I do not know Nic's age but he appears to be middle aged in his 40's. I will tell you at 25 I did not really need HT, but by 40 I was NW5.

I hope you do not think that the 5000 you need now will fix you up for life. Unless propecia stops all future loss which it may not, you may need more. Nic's hairloss is stablilized, yours is not at 25.

NoBuzz

Nic,

Again, good to see you here as well. I'm unfamiliar with the "pissing" contest that went on, but yes, i agree...people do get stuck on their favorite sites. I haven't actually done much posting on the other forums for awhile because I've spent most my time here...if I was going to try to be on all the forums regulary, I really WOULD have no life :P.

You are going to look superb my friend.

Bill

buzz, I am just like my father, he was at my stage when he was 22, now at 59 his is still the same, early loss in my family is common, but no one goes further, so I am sure mine will not change either, its been the same since I was 22.

I prefer to do this now at a young age so I can enjoy the most important part of my life, why wait like nick until I am in my 40's and married, life is pretty much over by then. Too bad he could not have done this 20 years ago instead of suffering so long. I feel bad for him, but better late than never.

Originally posted by John_in_NC:

you look great Nick.

I have a question regarding the beefing up on the center of the hairline: is that to give it a puff look or was it thinner than the rest? I think you did the smart thing by only reinforcing the first few cm of the hairline...your crown will thank you soon icon_smile.gif

DR. Hasson & I agreed that my natural hairline has a part down the middle caused by the formation of my skull. I had a thinner look in this area and we felt that it could be enhanced to look better by adding additional graphs.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

Nick,

I am so sorry you have to go through so much surgery to regain your hair. I hope this last one will give you an acceptable look. I guess I am pretty lucky, I only need 5000 grafts.

Jay: No worries here ... I could have stopped with 6279 on the first HT and been very happy. However I knew I had the donor hair to make a complete transformation and at 46 years old that my hairloss was stable (with meds & age).

It wasn't till I was 29 years old that I begun to lose some hair - by 34 it had recessed alot.

I waited till I was 44 years old to have my first HT after studying the industry for 10 years.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Mr. Nitro,

Do you have donor hair like a beaver pelt?? Has anyone measured your head?? icon_smile.gif Man you're going to start some pissin wars with this thread. icon_biggrin.gif In all my research I have never heard of a donor area like that other than a non-balding individual. The results look great! You must be thrilled. Good on ya.

Beaver pelt & horse hair <-- all in the same month icon_wink.gif

Besides H & W... no, no one has measured the head on my shoulders.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

buzz, I am just like my father, he was at my stage when he was 22, now at 59 his is still the same, early loss in my family is common, but no one goes further, so I am sure mine will not change either, its been the same since I was 22.

I prefer to do this now at a young age so I can enjoy the most important part of my life, why wait like nick until I am in my 40's and married, life is pretty much over by then. Too bad he could not have done this 20 years ago instead of suffering so long. I feel bad for him, but better late than never.

I was married at 30 so I had a full head of hair while I was single. In the early and mid-90's the HT industry was still ugly and or still maturing. (better techniques were still on the horizon)

I focused during this time on power lifting competitions, family and my business. It was around the age of 40 that I didn't like what I saw in the mirror, I felt the missing hair prematurely aged me. So at this point I felt there were several doctors that could get the job done so that I didn't look like frankenstien.

9/17/04 - 6279 Graphs

1/11/07 - 4128 Graphs

==========

I was married at 30 so I had a full head of hair while I was single. In the early and mid-90's the HT industry was still ugly and or still maturing. (better techniques were still on the horizon)

I focused during this time on power lifting competitions, family and my business. It was around the age of 40 that I didn't like what I saw in the mirror, I felt the missing hair prematurely aged me. So at this point I felt there were several doctors that could get the job done so that I didn't look like frankenstien.

NoBuzz