Question about 7700 graft session at H&W

the B spot

All,

First I would like to thank everyone for the dialog here. I have no problem taking the heat, being disproved, etc... in fact, I welcome this. It is important that we be able to have these type of discussions without personal attacks, and recognize that the purpose of this community to question and raise concerns.

In my mind we have effectively raised BOTH sides of this argument for anyone who wishes to read them, including the photos of London-Lads donor ellipse, and they can then make an informed decision.

Bushy, I appreciate the exchanges, and while I would certainly like to continue this discussion with you, I think it would be more productive and enjoyable in person!

Joe-- I understand where you are coming from, and yes, I want EVERY clinic to be able to provide some hard scientific data, instead of trial and error, and "Oh BTW, look at my photos." Remember, I am not arguing the results that have been posted on the internet, just the increased risks, that is all. Not surgical skill, not clinic, etc... I will take your advice and call Matt/Dr. Shapiro and ask them what issues they have encountered as they have begun increasing session sizes etc... just to see if they have made a seamless, no risk, transition.

Again, if this is seen as a personal attack on H&W, stop, because it is not. If Dr. Shapiro is doing 6000 graft sessions, or Dr. X, Y or Z is, I want to know what problems they are running into.

I stated INNUMEROUS times that H&W and Joe used the power of the internet to push the HT industry from 2000 to 2500 sessions into an entirely new stratosphere, and without this, we would not have been able to raise our level of expectations. The results we are seeing today are MIND-BOGGLING and I tip my cap to the FEW HT clinics that are providing these sessions, at a better price than ever, to us. With that said, NO ONE can see 15-20 years in the future, and keeping that in mind, it is good that we question. It is good that we talk about these issues, and anyone who possesses the arrogance to think that they are above reproach or above question, is on the wrong path, as they have a responsibility to share in success and criticism equally.

Thanks Again for a good discussion, I am certain we will be at it again in the near future. icon_smile.gif

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeting All

I am new to this forum and I have many questions before I decide what procedure and what Doctor.

A little background. I am a 50 year old male from Colorado. I have approx. class 4 maybe class 5 pattern. I am doing this because I have suffered 3 heart attacks almost 4 years ago and I want to return to the work force but I want to look as healthy as possible first. Because of my long recovery period cost is an issue.

1. Any Doctors in Colorado recomended?

2. How about the 2 low cost groups in Oklahoma?

3. So many different procedures and so much hype. How do you sort through the BS?

Thanks for any imput.

rgcamp,

You can NOT even allow money to be part of the issue. If you're going to do this, you need to pick your doctor based on quality only.

Don't let this get around, but as expensive as my procedure was, after seeing how HARD he and his staff have to work, I think I got a hell of a bargain.

What you have is a talented professional and staff working EXACTLY like field-hands in order to do the magic required by the latest ultra fine FU procedures. I am in awe, and I can't emphasize enough that this is not a comodity where the cheapest quote wins the deal.

Do that, and you'll end up with crappy looking corn rows and a good deal of laughter behind your back.

Now I'm in a similar position to you...sans the heart attack. I've been retired for awhile, and I'm 52, so I want to look my best and make a jump back into the work force. Do it the right way. Get a top doctor here, and beg, borrow, steal the money.

GL

mark h

Originally posted by the B spot:

Bushy, I appreciate the exchanges, and while I would certainly like to continue this discussion with you, I think it would be more productive and enjoyable in person!

That would be my pleasure, Bspot. Do you live in or anywhere near New York City? Please PM me.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

Guest MisterChris

Hi,

London lad, I read 27 on your blog or H&Ws.

H&W are getting excellent results. In serveral HT's I have seen in person, the people grow the hair longer in the back and you can see a discontinuity or ridge in the growth pattern, regardless of if there is a scar.

I have thought that this would be cosmetically acceptable if it is in the rear because it kinda looks like layers, but how will this ridge look on the side of your head?

Part of the way to create the illusion of fullness is to grow the hair longer on top and shorter on the sides. Will you be able to buzz the sides? How long will you have to grow the hair to hide the inconsistent hair growth in the area?

Also, doesnt removing 2 centimeters from al around cause the surrounding scalp to be tightented which will necessarily make the bald area larger (the opposite of a scalp reduction) by pulling down the sides?

You are very brave! I wish you the best of luck. Please post back as your results are evident. If I dont see updates I will be suspicious that something went wrong.

Good luck!

Morning RGCamp-

I too live in Colorado and did my due diligence researching Doctors and felt most comfortable using Dr Hasson in Vancover. As I was told long ago, " if you buy quality you only cry once". While you can always search the net and always find some Doctor at a lower price, you are making a life long decision here. Even marriages don't work 50% of the time, you sure want this to be a 100% choice that you won't regret.

Regarding the hype and BS on all forums, just continue reading for several months to get a basis of knowledge and then talk to 2 or 3 Doctors at that point. This is the process that I went through and for me, H&W stood out and made me feel most comfortable with this incredibly gut wrenching decision. Zero regrets on my part 4 months post HT. Best of luck, just take your time and only then make your decision. Cheers

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's