8 month update

Glock08

Thanks guys:

Ok..I'll TRY to be more patient. Going to put the order on hold for a 5 Gal. bucket of Dermatch. icon_wink.gif

Mrjb:

3x times the thickness would be great. Looking forward to the 8-10 month spurt.

Best to you and your #3. You picked a good Dr.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Hi Glock,

I haven't had much time to devote to the Forum lately, but I wanted to say you look to be coming along just fine. Your hair and density should definately thicken up in the 6-7 months.

I hear all the time how hard it is to wait.

Best of Luck!!!

"P.S. I assume you mean "thicken up in the NEXT 6-7 months"

Oops, thanks Bill for the correction. That's exactly what I meant.

I've had a huge home project finishing off our basement in our new home the last couple months. It's been quite an ordeal (yeah, it's almost done). It's hard to be a "no lifer" to devote so much time to the Forum. I have tremendous amount of respect for all you die hards. Keep up the great work and I promise to contribute as much as I can when I get a little more free time.

Janna,

Funny...we are actually getting our basement remodeled and completely finished also...but it sounds like by what you said, that you are doing this yourself? We hired someone. I'm not a handy man unfortunately. Of course, I wish I was, because I would have saved a BUNDLE!!!!

Bill

Hey Bill, great minds think alike (ha, ha, ha).

We hired out for the major work, but you stil need to get the cabinet, carpet, paint, furniture, etc. picked out and coordinated. We did save a bundle by coordinating the whole thing rather than going with a general contractor to handle it all.

Sorry Glock for getting off the topic at hand, but Bill was getting on me for not contributing much on the Forum. He's tough (shh, he's actually a softy).

Take care.

Janna,

Yes, great minds do think alike...I agree.

We went with a general contractor...probably not the cheapest route icon_frown.gif. But he's doing excellent work so far...so that is good!

Yep...I don't mind giving out tough love but hopefully with a big heart icon_wink.gif

Glad to see you posting more Janna!

Ok, and now we'll get back on topic with Glock...we look forward to more updates.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

Ok, and now we'll get back on topic with Glock...we look forward to more updates.

Bill

Janna and Bill:

Don't apologize..I'm remodeling also...my head!

Ripped up the wall-to-wall carpet and am going with a more natural finish. icon_smile.gif

Have a happy Easter.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Originally posted by Glock08:

Janna and Bill:

Don't apologize..I'm remodeling also...my head!

Ripped up the wall-to-wall carpet and am going with a more natural finish. icon_smile.gif

Have a happy Easter.

Glock08

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif That's hillarious, Glock!! LOL! One of the TRUEST analogies I've ever heard, my friend icon_cool.gif!

Happy Easter, braddah!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hey Bill,

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does "ROTFLMAO" stand for?

Thanks Bill for the clarification.

I'm inclined to guess you're a lot of both -- see who's laughing on the floor now!

• 2 weeks later...

Just hit the 7 month mark. Started using Rogaine Foam 5%--what the heck...might as well throw the kitchen sink at it.

Will update the blog shortly.

It still amazes me to see a hairline emerge from the "crime-scene" sketch etched out on my forehead just 7 months ago.

Looks like the crown and mid-scalp will be the next area to attack.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Hey Glock,

Looks to me like you've had some really impressive improvement during your 6th month!

I'm also amazed at the 7 month transformation...and to think it's probably going to improve even more. Good stuff, thanks for sharing the photos.

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

Bay and Middleson:

Thanks for kind words. Hoping for some extra fullness..I made a promise I wouldn't whine anymore..at least not until the 12 month or so. icon_wink.gif

Youngguy:

I posted better top shots to this post. The immediate post-op pics are on my Blog, under The Big Day. Thank you for the reply.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Glock,

Very impressive change in your look. You have enough on top now that you can add in topik or dermatch for those special occasions and look really, really awesome. Ultimately, I know we do not want to rely on the concealers but they can help at times.

From where you were at the start, I think your change is fantastic!!! Only 7 months too!! Congrats!

NoBuzz

• 1 month later...

I just posted 8 month pics in gallery and blog.. Don't know what I did in the gallery, but they seem out of order. Although, I like the new format Pat..just needs music now. icon_wink.gif

It appears more overall thickening this past month. Since a lot of forces are at work (9 month of Propeica, 8 month after HT, 1 month with Rogaine Foam) I can't definitively state it is the Rogaine or Propecia that is helping the crown area..but it looks, to me, as the biggest area of improvement this month.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

I just viewed your updates. The slide show is very high-tech. It's coming along great, Glock. Hang in there a little longer.