Dr Martinick 1500grafts Australia

Hi all

I finally had my H/t on Monday morning with Dr Martinick and her Team, Must say to begin with that the overall experience was quite pleasent (for a H/T) I was sedated most of the time while I was awake I was able to have a good chat with her and her team about things, I am currently recovering while in actual fact im not in a great deal of pain the most pain I had was the night of the surgery which I was able to relieve with some panadine forte that night and have not needed anything since ,I could not help but keep looking at the job in the mirror im very pleased with the hairline we decided on and cant wait for the growth, the night after the procedure I actually found it to be considerablie more easier to sleep then the night before (Fear of the unknown) i found the hotel lounge pillow (one of those cylinder lookin ones anout 4" in diameter and about 15") the best thing to sleep on just popped it underneath my neck and zzzz time, Today I finally got to wash it for the first time which felt great , my scalp feels tight still but should loosin up after the stiches are removed from the donor site. so obviously overall the experience was quite pleasent although I could not go out in public like this it has certainly boosted my self esteem, 2 steps forward 1 back icon_smile.gif i have posted pictures on my blog browny217 ,finally thanks everyone for the support and information it has helped alot if anyone has any questions please ask.

A Toast To Growth!

We Can only Play the cards we are dealt

http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95

Hi all

I finally had my H/t on Monday morning with Dr Martinick and her Team, Must say to begin with that the overall experience was quite pleasent (for a H/T) I was sedated most of the time while I was awake I was able to have a good chat with her and her team about things, I am currently recovering while in actual fact im not in a great deal of pain the most pain I had was the night of the surgery which I was able to relieve with some panadine forte that night and have not needed anything since ,I could not help but keep looking at the job in the mirror im very pleased with the hairline we decided on and cant wait for the growth, the night after the procedure I actually found it to be considerablie more easier to sleep then the night before (Fear of the unknown) i found the hotel lounge pillow (one of those cylinder lookin ones anout 4" in diameter and about 15") the best thing to sleep on just popped it underneath my neck and zzzz time, Today I finally got to wash it for the first time which felt great , my scalp feels tight still but should loosin up after the stiches are removed from the donor site. so obviously overall the experience was quite pleasent although I could not go out in public like this it has certainly boosted my self esteem, 2 steps forward 1 back icon_smile.gif i have posted pictures on my blog browny217 ,finally thanks everyone for the support and information it has helped alot if anyone has any questions please ask.

A Toast To Growth!

Browny217,

Congratulations on your procedure, I have only heard good things from Dr Martinick so I expect only the best results from your procedure. Good luck and I hope you keep us posted on your progress. Having a look at your post op pictures on your web log here:

It looks like you have received a very nice hairline. The first few months after the shedding of your HT hair are going to be tough but hang in there your new hair will come.

Happy Growing!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Cheers for the support lads

the whole procedure cost about $14500AU im just hoping that i get the density i want, most of the scabs are gone now off the recipient area its still a lil pinkish i think i might have lost a few grafts too, but anyhow theres still plenty up there the hairs are still in there but i think they are already starting to come out some came with the scabs, the donor area is still a lil tender but i can sleep on it

Browny217

Originally posted by Browny217:

Cheers for the support lads

the whole procedure cost about $14500AU im just hoping that i get the density i want, most of the scabs are gone now off the recipient area its still a lil pinkish i think i might have lost a few grafts too, but anyhow theres still plenty up there the hairs are still in there but i think they are already starting to come out some came with the scabs, the donor area is still a lil tender but i can sleep on it

Browny217

You didn't lose any grafts unless you actually saw some blood. The little hairs always shed and some of them will have a black bulb on them, or white excess skin.

Anyway I've sent you a PM.

Hi Browny217,

I'm looking at your blog (http://www.hairlossweblogs.com/home-page.asp?WebID=95)...did the doc put hair at the same density all over the front or counted the existing hair on the front center? Did she say what density for cm2 you got?

Looks great so far. Judging from family history, do you know what scale you were headed for?

Hi all

A Toast To Growth!

The hairs that fell out looked like they had the black bulb and the white surrounding (im guessing thats the follicle) so im just hoping thats not the follicle will post photo`s

The density i got was 40/cm2 at the front about 1cm and 20/cm2 behind that not sure what she did about density on top im guessing she probably filled in the gaps with what was left over from the hairline, lookin at it now im dont think that 20/cm2 will be the density i want but can only wait and see i will be better off then i was i will post more photo`s soon im actually on the road to Mackay (north queensland) at the moment so its a bit hard all the scabs have come away already just waiting for the hairs to fall out how long should that take? i have been shampooing daily but not much has been coming out

take care

The hairs that fell out looked like they had the black bulb and the white surrounding (im guessing thats the follicle) so im just hoping thats not the follicle will post photo`s

The density i got was 40/cm2 at the front about 1cm and 20/cm2 behind that not sure what she did about density on top im guessing she probably filled in the gaps with what was left over from the hairline, lookin at it now im dont think that 20/cm2 will be the density i want but can only wait and see i will be better off then i was i will post more photo`s soon im actually on the road to Mackay (north queensland) at the moment so its a bit hard all the scabs have come away already just waiting for the hairs to fall out how long should that take? i have been shampooing daily but not much has been coming out

take care

Most people lose most of their hairs at the 2 week mark, depending on how hard you rub in your showers. I recommend that you don't necessarily rub them.

What I do (which works well) is lather up the area with 1 finger, let it soak in for 5 minutes, and then glide the finger in the direction of hair growth a few times. That got most of the excess skin buildup (which looks like bad dandruff) off in a couple of days.

Hey,

First...nice results, it looks like you'll have a solid hairline to call your own, soon. Grow well!

As far as hairs popping off, from what I've read, if you lost an entire graft you'd be seeing a lot more than just a hair and bulb (including noticeable blood)...so I'd say that you're fine.

Wishing you well,

Benjamin

my hairs finaaly started falling out woohoo ive updated my blog got some good pictures also where my recipient area is still a lil red anyone got any suggestions? ive thought of moisturiser get my stiches out this week looking forward to getting a hair cut finally

Take Care Yawl

Andrew B

Congrats! If all that area becomes bald, you will probably need another touch up with some more graphs to fill the density on the back, but that can wait I am sure.

my hairs finaaly started falling out woohoo ive updated my blog got some good pictures also where my recipient area is still a lil red anyone got any suggestions? ive thought of moisturiser get my stiches out this week looking forward to getting a hair cut finally

Take Care Yawl

Andrew B

well hopefully the propecia will help that area out i still have 4500 hairs to chuck up there if need be , i got my stitches out yesterday very happy now i just have to wait for some growth patience is the only option

• 9 months later...

Hi UGLY MAN 4 LIFE. You seem to know much about HTs. I just had my 2nd HT procedure on April 27, 2007. The 1st was on May 2006. Can I ask you some questions?

In my 1st session, I was given a new hairline and the grafts were all placed in the hairline going 1 inch toward the top. In my 2nd session, grafts were added in the same area as my 1st session, as well as in the top and crown areas. I am noticing much falling hair after my 2nd session. I think that even the already thick and long hairs from my 1st session are falling out too. I just wanna know if this is a normal experience caused by "shock."

I would also like to ask if Propecia is really a good partner for us HTsters. Thanks!