3,000 with Dr. Cooley 01-04-06

DAMN!!!!!!! That donor shot is RAW, man!!!!!!!! congrats on the sucessful operation, and thanks for the pictures. Keep us posted.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

B,

I debated on posting that shot but in the end, I figured people should know what it truly looks like. It's all part of the process and people should go in "eyes wide open".

No sweat, felt no pain whatsoever - actually felt like two pieces of Velcro coming apart while being numb all along.

Just an FYI - my hair is quite long in my before photos as I let it grow it out for the procedure to improve the donor hair and show the "natural growth" for Dr. Cooley. Traditionally, I wear it short using a 1 or 2 guard. Normally, the entire top appears totally bald.

Regards,

Mike

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

Great Pictures. It looks like even though you only had a few hundred more grafts then me your coverage looked much larger and I can't tell that the density is going to be any less. I think you are going to be really happy with the results espically when you get to enjoy a new head of hair. I'm enjoying just having my temp hair while it last even though it should start shedding away soon.

No sweat, felt no pain whatsoever - actually felt like two pieces of Velcro coming apart while being numb all along.

You know, the only thing I do not like about your closure is the fact that the tissue is fully removed and allowed to remain open the entire time, whereas other doctors prefer to close the wound as they go. Other than that I think you are going to be very happy with your results my man. I am just starting to grow about 2 weeks early, so I will posting some pictures soon.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey B Spot,

I look forward to your pictures. I appreciate and respect your "open wound" comment/opinion/view point but I felt no ill effects and I'm thoroughly satisfied with the healing process in the area to date. I had a female friend take a look and she was amazed how good it looked nine days later after viewing it post op and the "raw" shot. I'm very satisfied to date even with the natural fallout/thinning out. I look forward to the end product in summer/fall of 2006. Realistic expectations of partial coverage only - but hey, tons better then it was and thinking about procedure number two as well.

Regards,

Mike

Originally posted by troy:

I think seeing your immediate post op pics show the shill of your doc, When I was shopping and comparing post op pics was one thing I looked at. Everything looks great!!

Troy,

Just a little confused/taken back by your use of term "shill". Here's what dictionary.com says (sorry - had to look it up): "One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle".

I actually believe you meant to use it as a very positive term/mode. Everything I have ever posted on this site is real and legit. I asked Dr. Cooley to take the "raw" shot and he did - I was out like a light and thankful he did. How many "raw" shots have you've seen here or even taken by the doctor?

I welcome anyone in the Charlotte area to meet me in person (I have made that statement previously). I met Nashville Kat mid procedure with Dr. Cooley and spoke with him regarding his procedure - which was his second. I will be meeting with Hair Apparent on the 18th when I go in for my suture removal. Even Robert is a satisfied Cooley patient.

Sorry, but I'm on the defensive based on dictionary.com's meaning. Then again, words have different meanings for different people and sections of the country.

I would like to think you interpreted the word "shill" in a different/positive fashion. Your closing sentence of my shots looking great suggest such is the case. If not, please let me know. Dr. Cooley is highly respected on this site and I would like to think all of my posts warrant the similar respect.

I trust we're cool on this - right?

Regards,

Mike

yeah man

that was a pretty sick photo. not sure the purpose of showing that, but it is reality sort of like ogrish. and thats what we all looked like before we were sewn up. but i was very hesitant when i posted to not include the bloody photos out of respect for queeziness some may have. at least put a warning on your title.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

baldcasanova,

I hear you and I placed a few advisories as a result. I originally gave it a lot of thought before including that shot and I concluded that it was best to show the "reality" of it all.

The sutures are out and the area feels/looks good. I'm even contemplating my hair cut this weekend - after I find someone who will treat my entire head as gently as a baby's behind!

Regards,

Mike

• 9 months later...

Hello Prospicience,

I couldn't help but laugh when I read the post above. When troy typed "shill" I was pretty certain he meant skill because I knew that shill has a negative connotation and I knew what he was trying to convey. It is funny and interesting, however, just how one typo can miscontrue the whole meaning of a sentence. Anyway...I just thought it was funny.

A couple things:

1. First, congrats on your procedure. Dr. Cooley has yielded some excellent results. Your post op pics look great

2. Just so you know, growing of the donor hair will not improve donor hair quality. If you notice, the doctor shaves the area before he takes the donor hair anyway. I'm not sure if I misread something or not...but this is what it sounded like to me...so I thought I'd correct you

3. 3000 grafts is a great start and will make a decent amount of difference on your head. Just stay realistic...you will not have a luscious full head of hair after this though. What are your goals? Are you planning to have more procedures?

Thank you for sharing your experience and I look forward to seeing your updates.

Bill