24 Male - Hair Lost Problem, Please Help.

Dear All,

I request all of you for help. Please help me take the right steps... I am 24 and have lost alot of hair at the fornt side of my head. It is not completly bald yet; however, everyday I am losing hair. I am considering HT as the last option, can anyone suggest a Shampoo or anything else which is proved good for others?

Please, I really appreciate everyone's idea. Please help.

Best Wishes,

Aryan

Dear All,

I request all of you for help. Please help me take the right steps... I am 24 and have lost alot of hair at the fornt side of my head. It is not completly bald yet; however, everyday I am losing hair. I am considering HT as the last option, can anyone suggest a Shampoo or anything else which is proved good for others?

Please, I really appreciate everyone's idea. Please help.

Best Wishes,

Aryan

24 is the perfect age to start Propecia.

Do the following which will slow down or stop HL and maybe regrow. Then if you go HT, do plenty of research and get a top notch reputable surgeon--no mater geography.

Propecia and Rogaine xtra stregth or foam

Multi vitamin with Zinc

Saw Palmetto

Zrii which has Alamki fruit in it

Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner which works on DHT on the scalp level.

Start this now and in 3 months you should notice a lot less fallout and probably healthier looking hair. Then research HT if that is the route you take.

Aryan,

I can only imagine the suffering you are going through at age 24. I am 22 and have severe hair loss for my age, and i know exactly what you are going through. The very first thing you should do is see a doc and get a prescripiton for a med called Propecia. We are both young and hopefully this med will help us out a bit in terms of keeping the hair we already have. i have been on it for more than a year and then got off it because it got too expensive for me. By the way Propecia will cost around 70 - 80$ for a month supply (30 1mg) pills. You have to take it once a day and be very patient because it wont work right away, it will start kicking in a few months. Moreover, if you notice any side effects such as low libido, no interest in women..etc, you can get it off and the side effects will go away. Now, if you can't afford to keep buying every month, you can purchase the generic brand which is Finasteride. Its MUCH cheaper and you can buy it off the internet with no prescripiton needed in most cases. In Short, get on Propecia/Finasteride would be your first step. Use it for a year and keep track of whats going on.

When it comes to shampoo, mostly everyone will probably recommend you use Nizoral 2%. You also need a prescription for that. Personally, i used that shampoo and it made my hair worse. But thats my experience with it. Many have had success, but not me. So i just use Head and Shoulders.

Finally, another med that has been cliially proven to regrow hair is Rogaine(Minoxidil). You can by this at almost any pharmacy, Walmart, Target.etc with no prescriptio over the counter. You can buy it in the form of liquid or foam. Many have shown great success with this.

In conclusion, those are the 3 meds that are proven to help hairloss. They are known as the BIG THREE. Nothing else is proven to help hairloss. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY ANYTHING ELSE. There are tons of items being sold online that prove to battle hairloss. Its all BS. Ive been fooled alot with natural herbs and natural shampoos and all that crap, it doesnt work.

Post pics so we can see the level of hairloss.

Look into Nanogen (and possibly Dermmatch), in addition to getting on propecia (and possibly rogaine foam 5%). In ~9months get some consults with some elite clinics and get their opinion on whether they think the route of HTs is appropriate.

There are some decent volumizing shampoos, which can't hurt, also.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

M also in my mid twenty & have lost a lot of hair at frontal side. Tried many things but no results....

recent research n ur post shows propecia & rogain 5% are good options. But I would like to avoid propecia due to some side effects (my own opinion..dont know much), Will Rogain 5% alone can help me or propecia is the most imortant ????

Kindly share ur experience.

ya propecia/finasteride is the most important. The majority of guys who take it experience side affects for the first few weeks sometimes months. It should all pass, and if it doesn't you can just stop taking it. Get a script from your doc for 5mg proscar (same as propecia except its 5mg) or generic finasteride. Many insurance companies will cover this but won't cover propecia because it's strictly for hair-loss and insurance companies dont cover cosmetic expenses. cut the 5mg pill into fourths (1.25mg) and take one every day.

Like everyone said, get on the drugs. But also consider using toppik and dermatch. These are concealers and work pretty well thinning hair. They'll give you a bit of confidence while you're doing your research and planning for your HT.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Thank you all very much for your responses. I really appreciate it guys.

Here are few pics of my hair, please have a look and let me know if I am at a stage for HT. Also, to what extend you guys think Propecia will help.

http://www.leyaan-hostings.com/DSC02480.JPG

http://www.leyaan-hostings.com/DSC02481.JPG

http://www.leyaan-hostings.com/DSC02484.JPG

Best Wishes,

Aryan

I'm 25 and have been on Rogaine and Propecia 3 months. I too noticed diffuse thinning from the crown to the front, so I immediately wanted to do something about it. From what I've researched and been told, these two are the key to stopping or slowing down loss. It also seems the younger you are, the more likely these drugs are to work, and the more effective they will be. Some mid 20's patients even saw noticeable REGROWTH. It's too early to tell for me, but I'm remaining optimistic.

You should note, the Propecia sexual sides are reversible. So if you notice them, then stop and you'll be fine within a few weeks. The odds of the drug working are high. So, it was worth the risk for me and at this point, I haven't noticed any side effects (knock on wood(no pun intended)). If you still aren't sold, ask your doctor.

Good luck

Aryan -- certaintly get some consults now if you'd like, be it live or online. I think finasteride (aka propecia) can absolutely do you a great service, especially as you go down the HT route.

As I initially mentioned, go order some nanogen and dermmatch ASAP; I think you are a ripe "candidate" for concealers.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thank you all - About propecia, is there any chance that the side effects stay permanent? or it is for sure that the side effects will be temporarily and will go away as soon as one stop taking them (If there were any side effect)?

Also where to buy quality propecia online? I have never used any sort of drug, so I would like to start with propecia and see where I go, do I need Rogain at the same time?

Thanks,

Aryan

Any one with any comments on Folligen or any other copper peptide solutions?

I started using it to ease the irritation of the minodixil in alcohol solution. The alcohol dehydrates the scalp.

take care...

the side affects of propecia will not be permanent. if you experience side affects when taking it dont be concerned. the majority of guys experience these side affects. give your body time to get used to the drug. in time the side affects should all pass, and if they dont after say 3 months, get off it and you'll return to normal.