VIDEO: Feller Motorized FUE Instrument in Action. See FUE grafts being removed.

Dr Feller,

Thank you so much for posting that video. I was very curious. In the future if you can post pictures from a patient that had a HT with your tool that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

very cool. thanks for posting.

Dr. Feller I assume the business end of this device is replaced with each patient? or is sufficient sterilization possible.

Just curious since its my understanding that surgical devices like the Da Vinci machine actually require the blades to be discarded after each use (and this is a big part of their earnings stream).

Wantego,

Just about every patient on who I've performed more than 200 FUE grafts I've used this device or earlier versions thereof.

Mike,

The tool breaks down for easy cleaning and sterilizing. The tips are Feller Punches which are to be disposed of after each procedure.

Originally posted by Dr. Alan Feller:

Wantego,

Just about every patient on who I've performed more than 200 FUE grafts I've used this device or earlier versions thereof.

Dr Feller,

I did not realize that. Thanks for the clarification. Is this the same instrument you posted about recently?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Want,

Yes, it's the same one.

Curious,

The only time I become concerned about what FUE will do to the donor area is when FUE Megasessions are attempted. Since I am still against such sessions my opinion remains unchanged with or without this new instrument.

That said, for patients who absolutely do not want a strip surgery, and never will, then megasessions are acceptable because there is no better alternative. But again, that's only AFTER they have been made aware of the decreased overall yields of FUE compared to strip.

Dr Feller - Great to see the tool in action. Given the tool speeds up the process and reduces the Dr.'s fatigue, I presume that larger sessions can be done with the tool than without - what size session do you feel comfortable performing without overly compromising the yield?

Tubs

=======================

3,500 grafts - Dr Feller - 08/08/08

• 2 weeks later...

I congratulate Dr. Feller, along with any of my colleagues who come up with a device designed to improve the results of any hair transplant procedure.

Over the past year, I have become a big fan of FUE procedures, performing 3 to 4 of them weekly. With more experience, the average procedure size has increased, to where they now are typically 1100 to 1300 grafts in one day, and frequently a second procedure on the same patient the next day of 500 to 700 grafts- depending upon the donor density.

My instrument of choice is the Harris Scribe® System, which utilizes a disposable 0.8 mm sharp punch to score the skin, followed by a 0.75 mm or so "bullet" that bluntly separates the follicular unit from the surrounding tissue. While very happy with these instruments, I am looking forward to trying out Dr. Feller's instrument. Knowing what a solid surgeon he is, I am optimistic that this device may improve the process, in terms of reducing surgeon fatigue.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYC

I appreciate the comments Dr. E.

You will find that not only does this instrument make your job far easier, but your growth yields will improve as well.

Whether you chose to use my perforation technique or Dr. H's blunt disection technique as your second step, you will find this tool unparalleled in performing the first step of "scoring". It's the difference between "rack and pinion" and "power steering". Just throw the tip away and stick the entire tool into the autoclave after use. No wires or external power supplies to worry about. Easy.

One thing is for sure, I'll NEVER go back to manual FUE again.

Take care,

-Dr. F

FUEperforation.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Since this topic is about improving the FUE Hair Transplant process. There is nothing as advanced on the market today than the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System.

The below video takes you though the entire surgery from start to finish.

http://app.talkfusion.com/fusi...asp?NDI5ODI3_2724005

If anyone would like any more info please let me know.

Thanks

Doug

Note: I work for NeoGraft

Doug, this thread is about Dr. Feller's motorized FUE extraction tool.

You should start your own thread and try to explain the merits of your equipment/process.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Doug,

I appreciate that you added a disclaimer in your signature that you work for NeoGraft however, you are still in violation of our terms of service by posting promotional links.

If you'd like to start a new thread to discuss how the NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System works without sounding like an infomercial and linking to your product, you are welcome to.

But this is an educational, not a promotional forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Will do, I am new to this site.

I was wondering about the linking and infomercial stuff as well, but figured this was ok seeing how it was in keeping with the topic.

I guess I could explain the procedure but as they say pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Doug,

Our rules are clearly listed in our terms of service. Read and become familiar with them.

Feel free to start a new topic on your device, but keep it strictly educational and technical (how it works, how it's made, how it minimizes/eliminates risks associated with FUE, etc.).

You may attach any photos you like or even link to videos on youtube (as long as the photos or videos aren't blatantly promotional).

Thanks,

Bill

Originally posted by Winston baby:

Bill, have you thought about other picture to use, this one makes you look like children interferer, but with a good transplant. icon_smile.gif

Anyone think so ?

Maybe we have poll?

Adding a smiley face is no better than adding "lol" or "j/k" if the joke simply isn't funny.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Winston,

It's funny how you were suspended for a week previously for insulting another member of this forum and then when I accept you back, you decide to insult the very one who has the power to ban you forever.

I can accept that you have a deranged sense of humor. But since you clearly don't know how to contain it, perhaps you ought to stick with staying on topic. Don't you think?

Bill

Doug while hearing technical aspects of a new invention are good as a start. I would really be interested if some past patients came on the internet and showed there own results and talked about there yield along with some pics. Then eventually have a chance to meet up with them to see there results. This is the only way imo to really see if it is advancement or not in overall Fue.