Nizoral Vs. revita

djdennis,

Both contain the same active ingredient ketoconazole so I would imagine that they would be approximately equal.

I have found personally however, from using both, that too much use of Nizoral causes dry scalp and hair. I haven't experienced this with Revita.

I'd be curious too what other Nizoral and Revita users have to say.

Bill

Ditto here Bill.

Nizoral dried out my hair big time but The Revita is very mositurizing and leaves my hair very nice..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have recently ordered revita shampoo. I am almost 3 months post-op. I see some minor growth from my HT. Is it OK to apply revita shampoo on my scalp 3 months post-op or should I wait untill after all the transplanted hairs grow.

My concern is that revita might be too harsh for my scalp at this time. Any thought?

Kam

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

3 months post op is fine.. It is hard to find Revita in stores.. I buy it online ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I have been using Revita shampoo for about 2 weeks now and my first impression is that it is a very good quality shampoo, it makes my hair fuller and softer, it's probably the best shampoo I have ever used so far, I can't say yet if it is contributing to slowing down my hair loss but it is helping in the appearance of fullness, it is certainly not increasing my hair loss, if anything, I see less hair in the sink than usual after I brush. To add thickness and weight I use Garnier Fructis leave in conditioner on wet hair after each shampoo and it has helped a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by djdennis:

Revita is tough to find in any pharmacy in the area I live. Just ordered some last night from online and they said it would take just a couple days to get here.

Revita is available in vitamin shoppe stores. I bought mine from there for $27.50

Revita is a great shampoo. I started to use after glowing reviews from Mrjb. The only issue I have is that it is very expensive for such a little amount.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

a SHAMPOO review on a balding blog?

whats next RESTARAUNT reviews by anorexics?

whats this world coming too...

Nizoral says to only use every 3 to four days for 8 weeks. do you guys just keep using it indefinitely? I haven't seen Revita at any stores and I would rather not have to order it...

NG2GB

You should give it a try. Ok, great, it has all of the Anti DHT properties which may provide some marginal hairloss benefits. But as far as the cosmetic effect, it is the best I have tried. Let's face it, its all about the illusion of density and if a product can assist with this, I am all over it.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

From my research, it appears that ketoconazole may have some but marginal benefit as a stand alone product.

In my opinion, Nizoral or Revita would make a better adjunct treatment if at all.

Keep in mind that Revita only contains 1% ketoconazole whereas Nizoral 2% contains well...2% ketoconazole.

Studies indicate better results for 2% however, the 1% study suggests some benefit as well. I believe that 2% only needs to be used a few times a week and additional use will not provide any additional benefit.

Bill

just bought nizoral on on the leaflet in the box lists side effects and i quote.'hair loss has been reported rarely with nizoral dandruff shampoo, but this may have been related to the dandruff and seborrheoeic dermatitis'. i noticed a lot of people on this site use this product to help with their hairloss.. way would a product that helps with hair loss warn people that it might contribute to it? weird!

2200 DHI Ireland june 2007

Rogaine 5% may 2007

Lasercomb jan 2008

Nizoral aug 2007

Pete

That is probably their disclaimer for allergic reactions or something. all products can have this sort of reaction one way or another.. I wouldnt be too concerned, if you are speak with your doctor

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 1 month later...

I was using Rogaine for 4 months before i started using Revita

after about 2 weeks of using both, i noticed HUGE dandruff issues

like snow flakes

i was using head shoulders like twice a day to try to counteract it, but it would only give me temp results.

than i found on a home remedies page that vinegar works to stop dandruff

and it actually worked!

but I use lemon juice or lime juice

any acid will generall work

i just splash it on and rinse it off, it doesnt do any damage to your head either

but now i only use Revita 3x a week. so prevent it

I use a differnt head/shoulders everyday with a conditioner as well and it is working quite nicely

• 2 weeks later...

Revita is, quite simply, the best shampoo I have ever used.

I believe in the efficacy of ketaconazole, I like having the other ingredients, and it does not leave my hair dry.

Further, it makes my hair look a little thicker, IMO.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

• 1 year later...

I've seen quite a number of users who use Revita in conjunction with Nizoral.

Yet I have also seen some posts by people saying that 2-3x Usage of 2% Nizoral is enough for the week and anymore isn't needed.

I want some clarification on this issue. Is using Revita in conjunction with 2% Nizoral of any benefit other than the nice feeling hair?