High Forehead Solutions? [Please help!]

x_Jodie_x

I'm a 15 year old girl and I've had no trouble with hair loss as such, my hair tends to grow really quick and it's quite thick. My problem is, I have a really high forehead... I've only just recently noticed it when somebody shouted it out to me and now I can't take my mind away from it, I'm always worrying about it and I try to cover it up as much as possible. I have a side fridge and I usually wear my hair out so it's easier to cover my forehead but I don't always want to wear my hair down, I like wearing it up too but then my big forehead becomes more noticeable and I don't feel confident if it's on show. I've taken a look at passed photo's of me and noticed that it has always been quite big, even as a toddler so I don't think I've lost any hair, I just guess I have a naturally high forehead. Is there any way I can fix this? I know surgery is out of the question for me because I am so young. Also, I saw a picture of a female celebrity (I can't remember her name) that was taken when she was around 15/16 and I noticed that she had a high forehead but now her forehead is a normal size (I think she is 24 now) and I have not heard anything about her having surgery or anything like that so is it possible that with time the forehead will change to fit my face a lot more? Maybe when the puberty stages have passed?

I know a lot of things are out of the question for me because I am so young but even if there is something tiny that I could try, please let me know because I am willing to try ANYTHING because this problem is really getting me down and my confidence has plummeted.

I'm a 15 year old girl and I've had no trouble with hair loss as such, my hair tends to grow really quick and it's quite thick. My problem is, I have a really high forehead... I've only just recently noticed it when somebody shouted it out to me and now I can't take my mind away from it, I'm always worrying about it and I try to cover it up as much as possible. I have a side fridge and I usually wear my hair out so it's easier to cover my forehead but I don't always want to wear my hair down, I like wearing it up too but then my big forehead becomes more noticeable and I don't feel confident if it's on show. I've taken a look at passed photo's of me and noticed that it has always been quite big, even as a toddler so I don't think I've lost any hair, I just guess I have a naturally high forehead. Is there any way I can fix this? I know surgery is out of the question for me because I am so young. Also, I saw a picture of a female celebrity (I can't remember her name) that was taken when she was around 15/16 and I noticed that she had a high forehead but now her forehead is a normal size (I think she is 24 now) and I have not heard anything about her having surgery or anything like that so is it possible that with time the forehead will change to fit my face a lot more? Maybe when the puberty stages have passed?

I know a lot of things are out of the question for me because I am so young but even if there is something tiny that I could try, please let me know because I am willing to try ANYTHING because this problem is really getting me down and my confidence has plummeted.

I don't think you should let others bother you, I know it's not easy but you shouldn't. Young as well as older people can be very mean and most of the time it's to take the focus off themselves and their inadequacies. People can only make you a victim if you let them. Be strong even when they are being mean and don't let them know it bothers you. I personally don't think a person should consider altering their body to please someone else and meet their perceived expectations of beauty. At such a young age and in a situation similar to yours, no real hair loss, try and focus on making yourself a stronger more confident individual from the inside which will prepare you better for the world beyond high school bullies. By no means am I trying to make light of your feelings and concerns, which are valid, but in fact am trying to get you to focus on making you see the positive's that I'm sure surround you in one way or another. Wear your hair the way you want regardless of what others say! Hope this helps out!

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!

Jodie, yes you are young, but to answer your question straight out - yes you can lower your hairline. I have seen pictures of a few women who have done it. If you decide to do it later, be sure you consult with the top doctors in the industry. You are very bright in that you were able to find this site and ask questions. Beware of the many unethical Hair Transplant surgeons that lurk out there.

One thing that you could do right now is send some pictures and explain your situation to Dr. Sharon Keene in Tucson Arizona. She is very ethical and has experience working with women. She could give you some advice and tell you what your options are, how long you should wait, etc.

Good luck.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Just as an anecdote, Tyra Banks has a large forehead... icon_wink.gif

But, people told me I looked fine with a shaved head, but I went for the hair transplant anyway.

It's up to you and only you know what you feel, but get informed and find out what your options are.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dhuge is correct. Tyra Banks does have a high forehead. In fact many famous models were once considered funny looking in high school. They later bloomed into beautiful women. My own wife has a high forehead, but believe me, she is considered quite beautiful. I've had countless men after her. Fortunately for me, we are very faithful to each other. Maybe that's why we've been married for 26 years.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

At 15 she doesn't have any options nor should she. No doctor will operate on a 15 year old without a parent's consent, and hard to believe that any parents out there would consent. A fifteen year old girl is no doubt blowing way out of proportion her "high forehead" and for any adult to encourage her to consider her "options" is foolhardy in my opinion. What bothers her today she may not give a second thought to five years from now, and vice-versa. A hair transplant is of zero consideration or possibilities for this young child at this time.

Well, I wasn't encouraging her in any way. It was just an honest answer that yes, it can be done. I encouraged her to contact Dr. Keene, knowing that she would give this young lady good compasionate advice for the future and would NOT operate on her. So don't go second guessing everything Hoping.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hoping, exactly my thoughts, my friend. However, I do think Gorpy was simply trying to steer this young lady to an ethical surgeon, where she can be told the exact same thing, to wait until she is older to even consider a HT. Either way, it is good advice, and everyone should be happy, including a fortuitous young Jodie. Cheers!!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks B-Spot. That's exactly what I was trying to do. I'd hate to see her drag her parents down to Bosley to sign a consent form. She's much more likely to listen to an ethical female doctor that a bunch of old guys like us :-).

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

I'm not trying to come down hard on anyone, but I am sure Dr. Keene has a lot better things to do with her time than talk to a teenage girl about her appearance. How many teenage girls have self perception problems? Or better, how many don't? Its not Dr. Keen's job to make these millions of girls feel good about themselves. It is the job of the parents to build self confidence and friends to make one feel that they fit in. Its bad enough how young girls obsess over their appearance. Any parent who lets their child "consult" with a plastic surgeon or HT doctor is probably accetuating the child's obssession, imho of course.

Well that's your opinion. Mine is that Dr. Keene would be happy go help inform this young person. This young person was smart enough to ask the question and even said she knew she was too young, so treating her like a 6 year old is probably not going to help either.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Hoping, just because I am 15 doesn't mean I haven't the right to make a simple topic asking for help, what makes me any different from a 40-year-old woman asking this question? I mentioned more than once in my first post that I know surgery is out of the question for me. Even if it was an option, I very much doubt my parents would even think of giving their consent. I was just asking for anything I could try that will help to solve my problem.

Yes, I am a child but I also have a mind of my own. I am not blowing anything out of proportion and if my problem isn't as big as I've stated, I wouldn't have spent hours researching about what can be done and waste my time posting it on this message board. I am 15, not stupid. I know many teenage girls have confidence issues and worries about their appearance but when it gets to the point where I hardly leave the house, am suicidal and spend hours trying to cover up my problem before daring to leave the house, then it becomes a big problem and shouldn't be ignored when I reach out for help. Don't imply that it is my parents fault that I have this problem, believe me they are very good parents and have done all they can to build up my confidence but NO parent can shield their child from the harshness of society or their own hidden insecurities.

laughter's medicine, thankyou for your reply. I totally agree with what you said but the main reason why I want to solve this problem is for me, to make me feel good about myself. I don't want to do it for anyone else, I won't deny that other people's comments don't affect me because they do but that isn't the sole purpose of why I want to change my forehead.

Gorpy, thankyou for your reply! I really appreciate the help and reassurance. Thankyou for giving me Dr. Sharon Keene's details but I'm in the UK so it would be difficult for me to get to Arizona and I really don't want to drag my parents with me. I will keep her name in mind for when or if a visit to her could be made possible.

dhuge67, thankyou for your reply too! I also noticed that Tyra has a large forehead. I tend to scan magazines to see if there is anyone with a large forehead just to reassure myself that I'm not alone! I know that sounds stupid but I guess it's just a comfort for me.

Jodie,

You are a very mature young women. I have a 25 year old daughter who had her own self image problems. I learned that up from honesty and facts are the best approach. Here is the TRUTH:

1) Yes you can lower your hairline. I have seen some picutres and results look very good. However it is imperative that you only go with a top rated surgeon. Maybe that fact would offer some hope of a solution in the near future.

2) Are you too young right now? Yes, but you already know that. So what is the appropriate age? That is subjective. It would definitely be sometime after you are a legal adult. Women don't typically suffer from "male" pattern baldness, so issues of youth that are applied to young men don't necessarily apply. Probably sometime in your early 20's you could re-evaluate your situation. By that time, if it is still bothering you, then yes you could seriously look into surgery. Probably by then you'll be dating the man of your dreams who loves your look, so you won't care any more.

I only know of two female hair transplant doctors. Dr. Keene did mine, so I think I understand her philosophy. I was thinking more along the lines of a simple email rather than an in person consultation. It is always nice to get information from one of the best and the fact that she could give you some "woman to woman" advice just adds a certain something to it. Her email is drkeene@hairrestore.com.

Hang in there. My daughter is now 25 and a law student and has a very nice boyfriend and a bright future.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

Jodie, we have all been young and we all know more or less what you are going through. My suggestion is based on my own experiences looking back in hindsight. The very best thing you can do for yourself right now is to get as involved as you possibly can in your school and your community. Whatever your interests, do the best you can. If you are an athlete, practice more and become a better athlete. If you have the time, better yet make the time, join local clubs or activities at your school. Think of how you can help others. The worst thing you can do is to dwell on your own problems and your perception of how you think you look to others. Problems have a way of working themselves out if you give them a chance. Your appearance will likely be very different in a few years, and whatever you think you look like now you will likely look much better to yourself when you are twenty, and keep in the back of your mind that there is always medical help if you need it when you are older. And I don't mean this in an unkind way, but if you are truly having suicidal thoughts, you need to find somebody you can talk to-maybe a school counselor or social worker, maybe even a psychologist. Work on the things you can change and accept the things, for now that you can't. Nobody is perfect. Everybody has their own problems. Get out of your house and live and your perceptions will change.

Jodie,

Hair transplants, maybe a few years later, will be able to help you.

Not right now.

Let the doctors refine body hair transplants further. That will be the time that you should consider any work. Not now.

Reason? - A real natural Hairline requires finer hair. Not just the terminal hair that scalp HTs are going to give you.

No matter what everyone says, an HT hairline can be spotted. I have checked the websites of many clinics. You are not the average balding guy who is going to be happy with some hair coverage.

Tread very carefully.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Originally posted by x_Jodie_x:

Thankyou for giving me Dr. Sharon Keene's details but I'm in the UK so it would be difficult for me to get to Arizona and I really don't want to drag my parents with me. I will keep her name in mind for when or if a visit to her could be made possible.

Jodie, whatever your plans are, DO NOT GO TO ANY HT CLINIC IN THE UK, and do not listen to any of the so-called UK "docs". A few of us here on this board also live in the UK so feel free to contact us if needed but for God's sake don't go anywhere near a UK HT outfit.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hi Jodie,

I know what you are feeling and experiencing because that is exactly what I went through when I was around the stage in life you are at now. Nevertheless, any medical/surgical options, if any, really should wait until after you become an adult. Of course you already know that! Your appearance and your perceptions of it and life in general will change over the next 5 to 10 years. What bothers you now probably won't then (or will matter a lot less!)

This really should be one of the best times of your life so make the most of it! There is so much to look forward too but it all goes by too fast. It's like that song "15 and you think you've got 100 years to live".

Needless to say some of the things you said in you last post concern me and I'm sure I speak for everyone here. Please be open and honest with a caring adult who is close to you, if not your parents maybe a teacher, counselor, or clergy. You are very intelligent and I think you know what is meant by "permanent solution to a temporary problem".

PCC

Jodie, I didn't read anybody elses post so maybe i'm just saying the same thing, but I'd say you probably don't have anything to worry about. I'm only a 5 years older than you, but I remember your age, and both boys and girls say a lot of stupid shit to other people to try to make themselves feel better. There's prob nothing wrong with your hair. Is it thin? You'll know if it is because it will look retarded in the front whenever the smallest gust of wind blows (believe me i know). If it doesn't do that your fine. If it does you're probably still fine, and can hairspray it.

x_Jodie_x

I don't think a HT is for you. I think you should see several general cosmetic surgeons (try to get consultations from top ones - the really expensive ones that work on hollywood stars, sometimes you can do this over the internet) to get an opinion.

It's unlikely that a doctor will be able to give you the density you want with a HT - it doesn't matter so much for men who keep their hair short but it will for you.

Secondly you'll have to walk around with shockloss to the recipient (which will probably result in some of your hairline falling out - hopefully only temporarily depending on the quality of doctor).

Thirdly, do you know what a HT is? It's basically cutting out a piece of skin from the back of your scalp. They'll lie you down in a chair and get a scalpel and cut the shape of the strip out, then lift it up and cut it off your galea. Here's where you can find a video of the procedure: (hopefully I'm allowed to post outside links)

http://hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_treatments/hair_trans...ransplants_index.cfm

There are alternatives like FUE, but mark my words you won't get female teenage density from them.

I personally think you'll grow out of it. You'll care alot less about what other people think when you get out of highschool.