Do Bad Doctors Know They Suck?

I know this is kind of a stupid/silly thread, but lately I have seen a few guys/gals post info about work they had done or are considering.

It got me wondering if these docs that are doing subpar work and making idiotic recommendations actually know that they are terrible at their profession. Do they feel that using a 1.2mm punch or incision actually looks good? Do they think that 700fu on someone that clearly needs/desires 6000 is a good treatment plan? Do they think the 18 yr. old hairline is a good thing on a NW6? Do they not ever think about shockloss? Do they believe that their work is worth thousands?

If indeed they are clueless I guess I can live with that because they are ignorant to their inadequacies. Now if they are aware of their poor talents and continue to practise I wonder how they sleep at night. How could a human being do such a thing to another person?

As a Christian that loves people I want to think that these shitty surgeons are actually unaware of their lack of ability and forethought. I certainly hope I'm not wrong but nothing would surprise me.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I know this is kind of a stupid/silly thread, but lately I have seen a few guys/gals post info about work they had done or are considering.

It got me wondering if these docs that are doing subpar work and making idiotic recommendations actually know that they are terrible at their profession. Do they feel that using a 1.2mm punch or incision actually looks good? Do they think that 700fu on someone that clearly needs/desires 6000 is a good treatment plan? Do they think the 18 yr. old hairline is a good thing on a NW6? Do they not ever think about shockloss? Do they believe that their work is worth thousands?

If indeed they are clueless I guess I can live with that because they are ignorant to their inadequacies. Now if they are aware of their poor talents and continue to practise I wonder how they sleep at night. How could a human being do such a thing to another person?

As a Christian that loves people I want to think that these shitty surgeons are actually unaware of their lack of ability and forethought. I certainly hope I'm not wrong but nothing would surprise me.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN,

Interesting question, and probably not one that can actually be answered.

I imagine most people are aware of their strengths and weaknesses, but the problem is...

Bad doctors may have been good doctors once...possibly. After all, mini-grafts was once state of the art!

But I personally attribute their lack of advancement to laziness. They have grown comfortable in their work and don't want to learn anything new. As long as they keep getting patients/clients, there is no "push" to get them there....know what I mean?

It's a sad affair really...and there is no excuse for it. Excuses are often attempted...heck, we've seen some doctors post here and make excuses...but it doesn't change the fact that their methods are outdated and better exists. There is no disputing that.

Thank God for communities such as this so the truth can be revealed!

Bill

Good post,

I do hope the unethical doctors who have disfigured others in their pursuit of the money get their just reward in hell. The ones that are just bad at what they do - I hope they go out of business or realize their shortfalls.

NoBuzz

Not sure why people think all doctors are good. Every profession has good and bad including doctors. They just escape the normal srutiny that other professions do. They are a closed society and difficult to make them accountable.

That is why I love this type of website. Power to the people.

There are 2 categories in Bad doctors. Those with lack of experience and those with lots of experience. The first category doctors don't know whether they suck or not. But the second category doctors they know what they are doing and they know that they suck. I observed that most of these well famous bad doctors aggressive in nature and "I don't care anybody" kind of mentality with no humanity values.

Ravi Vide

Great point Joe. There are many that do have a lot of experience but continue to use their antiquanted approach and techniques. Very sad indeed.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Atleast this is one doctor who knows he has done crap work and tries to be disingeneous in his explanations.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=152545

Tell me, if a person is an engineer as well as a doctor, it will be fair to put him in any one of the categories.

So, if he is a doctor and a crook, will it be fair to refer him as the crook instead of as the doctor.

Do bad docs know they are bad? Interesting question.

Some do, and they don't care. Others simply do not know any better.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.