1 Year post-op Dr. Epstein, Miami

Hi Everyone

I havent been to this forum for around 6 months now. Its just stops being a priority after you have hair again.

I posted a series of pictures after the procedure and now I just want to tell you that I am amazed at the results I got out of all my research, travels and money.

Original posting

I dont have the dense head of hair that I had in my teens and early twenties, but its pretty good for a guys turning 34 this month, and whats better, its seems to be staying.

Its probably quite normal for HT patients to go through some anxiety of one day realising that the ride is over and the hair only grew back once. But the density remains the same and nobody, not even hairdressers, knows what been going on.

The picture isnt super clear, but its taken at a dinner and I'm telling you, thats how it looks in the mirror!

So once again, I have to thank Dr Epstein, his superb crew and this forum for being there for me.

/Anders

One_year_one_month.jpg.2b8fa42deca98c47bdd3f6ef0796acc0.jpg

Hi Everyone

I havent been to this forum for around 6 months now. Its just stops being a priority after you have hair again.

I posted a series of pictures after the procedure and now I just want to tell you that I am amazed at the results I got out of all my research, travels and money.

Original posting

I dont have the dense head of hair that I had in my teens and early twenties, but its pretty good for a guys turning 34 this month, and whats better, its seems to be staying.

Its probably quite normal for HT patients to go through some anxiety of one day realising that the ride is over and the hair only grew back once. But the density remains the same and nobody, not even hairdressers, knows what been going on.

The picture isnt super clear, but its taken at a dinner and I'm telling you, thats how it looks in the mirror!

So once again, I have to thank Dr Epstein, his superb crew and this forum for being there for me.

/Anders

anders

just went back to see your original photo's. what a differance, you must be delighted well done.

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by AndersUK:

Hi Everyone

How many grafts was this and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

anders,

first let me say congrats-- ur hair looks awesome man... second, i read in ur original posting that if ur suture still hurts while the stitches are in, that means they arent ready to come out? I am 8 days post op, and my entire scar/suture is still very sore, did u experience the same scenario?

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

Thanks for the kind words. I definately feel its worth it icon_smile.gif

I dont remember how much the procedure was, so I cant help you there. I dont feel that one should be asking other patients about price anyway, that only amounts to heresay - ask the clinic where you plan to go. Any clinic I've heard of are happy to quote you a price. Had I remembered the price I would have told you though!

I had app 1850 FUT done if I recall correctly. I dont remember how many where ones, twos and threes.

I do remember that Dr. Epstein told me that he probably would be able to make a good result in one procedure and I think he was right. Most doctors will tell you how many times you need to come back if any and I personally liked that Epstein kept trying to understand how my hair looked before, because in my opinion some guys have a "signature" which means they will go with the same pattern evey time and I wanted to make sure that didnt happen. I had given a lot of thought to how I wanted it placed, not just the hairline, and we had a really nice talk about the art of doing natural work.

In terms of my scar it was really itchy for a long time (months) and only in the last 3 months have I started having any sense of touch above the scar in the neck. On the sides its been no nerve damage though. Scar pictures are hard to take and as far as I can tell my scar is a bit darker than I would like it to be, but its only one year old. Its a nice scar btw, very even and without any "nooks" for lack of a better expression.

Good luck with your coming hair!

PS: I've included one where its a bit shorter to give you an indication of how normal it looks from the top aswell. I apologise for the bad quality of my web-camera.

One_year.jpg.22cfeeb1bf8684956c547c7d07ebda0f.jpg

Originally posted by Spirall08:

anders,

first let me say congrats-- ur hair looks awesome man... second, i read in ur original posting that if ur suture still hurts while the stitches are in, that means they arent ready to come out? I am 8 days post op, and my entire scar/suture is still very sore, did u experience the same scenario?

Hi,

All I can say is that I went to a doctor to have mine removed. Later on I've actually read that leaving sutures in to long can provoke inflamation/infection which will ofcourse not improve you chances of have a nice scar.

So my firm advise to you is to go to your doctor. It might be annoying, but he wont mind icon_smile.gif

Your result is fantastic, congratulations.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Fantastic results! It looks so natural and thick. This makes me very excited for my own results... only 10 more months to go... icon_biggrin.gif

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Looks great, I dont get how you got such great density with only 1800 and some of the other transplants with 2500 or 3000 dont achieve the same results even though the starting point are very similar to yours.. Thanks for sharing the pics.