Bernstein, Dorin, Feller

Rapid

Hello Friends,

Thank u for all your suggestions so far. I have a few quick questions. Appreciate your feedback.

In search for a good HT doc, I consulted with Bernstein, Feller, and Dorin so far.

Bernstein is good, but his prices are high compared to others. He said he could do 2300 grafts.

I liked Dorin too. He also said he could do 2300 - 2500 gratfs and his rates are a bit lower than Bernstein.

I know Dorin works with True. Is there any preference between the two..? Do I need to consult with Dr. True too..? Is Dorin less experienced than True..? Do both work on a patient at the same time during the procedure or whoever you consults with works on u..?. I appreciate your experiences.

I liked Feller too. He said he will do 3000 grafts (Which I liked a lot) and his rates are even lower then Dr. Dorin's.

Any other docs that you guys suggest me to consult with in NY area before I narrow down on one..?

Calls to Paul Rose never get connected and I am going to interact with Epstein over the emails (He charges $175 for personal consultation).

Thanks,

-Rapid.

Hello Friends,

Thank u for all your suggestions so far. I have a few quick questions. Appreciate your feedback.

In search for a good HT doc, I consulted with Bernstein, Feller, and Dorin so far.

Bernstein is good, but his prices are high compared to others. He said he could do 2300 grafts.

I liked Dorin too. He also said he could do 2300 - 2500 gratfs and his rates are a bit lower than Bernstein.

I know Dorin works with True. Is there any preference between the two..? Do I need to consult with Dr. True too..? Is Dorin less experienced than True..? Do both work on a patient at the same time during the procedure or whoever you consults with works on u..?. I appreciate your experiences.

I liked Feller too. He said he will do 3000 grafts (Which I liked a lot) and his rates are even lower then Dr. Dorin's.

Any other docs that you guys suggest me to consult with in NY area before I narrow down on one..?

Calls to Paul Rose never get connected and I am going to interact with Epstein over the emails (He charges $175 for personal consultation).

Thanks,

-Rapid.

Rapid,

Selecting among many first-rate surgeons is more subjective than anything else.

Do yourself a favor and spend sometime looking at patient posted before/after pictures on our forum community especially those with similar hair loss patterns and hair characteristics. That way you will have evidence before you to help you make your decision.

You would be in great hands with any of the physicians you mentioned as they all have a proven track record of consistent positive results.

Bill

Just had my procedure with Feller, and while I can't speak for the results yet, the whole experience was fantastic. the work is incredibly clean and so dense packed.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Rapid How old are you ad whats your NW scale? If your younger I would go with a more conservative estimate, but on the other hand if your hair loss is established and your are slightly older than I would go with Feller out of those three... Just my opinion

You only live once...

Guest wanthairs

thats funny,

I never paid Epstein for a consult......I do recommend him, although Im sure if you go with any of them you'll do well.

Dr. feller comes off to me as someone honest and extraordinarily passionate about his work and seems to be a real stand up guy who takes part in these forums and isnt scared to flex his muscles and create controversy if he believes is for the greater good.

Hey guys.

About the $175 Dr.Epstein charges for a consult.. he does...and I gotta tell ya guys...worth every penny !!!!

I just arrived home today from Miami after having a HT with Dr.Epstein

2800+ graphs..he told me today he will have the exact # of graphs/hair count this week.

I'm sure some of you guys have answered some of my silly questions in the last months...thanks so much to all of you...you guys are awesome !!

The insight on the forum is unmatched.

Not going to bore you with every single detail of the day because thay all kind of mimic each other with all the TOP coalition docs on this site....and the last thing Dr. Epstein needs is anyone pumping up his name.

The guy is top notch...no sales BS...period.

Call me strange but the $175 consult perked my interest...trust me it wasn't a deciding factor..but it caught my attention....and anyway if you use him...it's knocked off the price.

There must be thousands of guys going to docs on there free time and having fun exciting talks with doctors...and never return.

You can call it what you want but if you plunk down 175 to see a doc....you must be serious...I was.

I'm not at ALL saying guys not wanting to pay the 175 are not serious that would be outright stupidity...i just felt it wasn't going to stop me....i'm glad it didn't.

I only felt that if I'm about to spend between 9-12 thousand(in my case) on surgery....that 175 dollars is peanuts.

When the last time you had a $85 dinner and it sucked and your crying wife/girlfriend asked you why you took her there...think about it.

Anyway...

As I mentioned the experience was not only handled on a professional level from beginning to end...it was kind of fun.

Knowing your in great hands and about to fill up your balding scalp with hair...uhhh...cmon guys...this is a good day....lol.

I can type for hours but i wont....here goes.

Dr.Epstein spends the start of the day drawing out your new hairline and keeps looking and looking and looking at how it fits your face and at the same time keeps handing you the mirror waiting for your ok.

His suggestions for my hairline were right on...but it was a big decision...i needed that time with him.

The staff(techs)are awesome !!!

Everyone is friendly and polite...and know what there doing.

No-one is standing around waiting to be told what to do...they have a job...they do it.

The removal of the strip area was totally painless...i mean at the start of the surgery i asked the doc when he was going to cut the site..."it's already done" was his response...I knew this was going to be a good day...lol.

NO PAIN !!

You feel minor pinching during any injections they have to give you before the procedure begins..plus any they have to give you during the day.

And that's coming from me,someone who has the pain threshold of a six year old girlscout.

Epstein while making the experience fun with

a "regular guy" attitude...is real serious about the work on hand.

Nothing gets buy him.

After all is finished i received a bag with all that i needed (pain meds,antibiotic,ect.)

That night Dr.Epstein called me in my hotel to my surprise.

He just wanted to know if all was cool...it was...he's a true gentlemen.

I'm only writing this because i'm home, VERY happy and relieved it's over and now comes the patience period.

I now consider Dr.Epstein a friend but believe me when i tell you he has no idea i'm writing this.

I own my own business and deserve to get paid when a job is done.

Dr.Epstein and staff earned every cent and now i really understand why he is a coalition doctor.

I guess I typed longer then I wanted and probably left stuff out but i did the best i could.

Any questions I'll be glad to answer.

If you don't mind i have to go and look in the mirror again....kidding...kind've.

Keep you all posted.

Thanks,

More_hair

PS....36 hours post-op...donor area slighly numb(you can actually press on it firmly and no pain)

transplanted area little crusts forming...zero blood/no pain

I think I took three of four painkillers since the surgery...I thought i'd be popping these babies...i'm surprised.

Bedtime guys,

Thanks again all,

More_hair

Some hair restoration physicians charge for a consultation and some do not. Dr. Epstein is not the only one who charges.

Personally speaking only, I like consultations to be free and probably would skip past a physician who wanted to charge me to have questions answered.

But let's not dismiss the quality of Dr. Epstein's work. By doing a simple "find" on this forum community, anyone can see the amazing hair transplant results that Dr. Epstein has produced.

Bill

Hey guys.

That's cool.

We all have our opinions.

Certain things bother people more then others.

I see you point mlnyc.

I see your a real Feller fan...i've been reading you mentioning him almost daily on this site....being happy about your result is a great thing.

If you don't like Epsteins work that's your opinion...we can agree to disagree...peace.

What's interesting to me is if a doc what's to grab your cash he going to get it either way.

As i mentioned...or at least I pm'd Bill about a few weeks back...I didn't want to use Bernstein because he was a bit conservative for my taste.

I went to a few other docs and one wanted to put(only my opinion) a hugh amout of graphs in.

After a brief mention i thought it was a large amount of graphs he instantly backed his # off 1000 graphs !!! yikes.

We all have gut feelings and we should all respect each other...isn't that why we are here.

In my opinion all these top docs to great work.

And yes mlnyc Feller is one of them...I see his albums on here all the time.

As I always mention thanks to all you guys I'll keep you posted on my progress.

More_hair

Dr Feller is just a good guy and an ethical surgeon and my pics show outstanding work .

Don't know the other surgeons you mention so can't comment upon them .

Consult with them all and i'm sure you'll get a good feeling when you meet the doc with whom you wish to go with.

Good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hairthere,

Thanks...i know it's just the beginning but as alot of the guys mention...you just have to put it on the back burner and see.

I'm only two days out so still in a bit of a fog...sleeping afjustments,shower changes and all that fun crap...lol.

Dr. Epstein took alot of pre-op pics.

I'll get them from him eventually and i'll take some from home.

richie,

Pics look great...i can't wait till I have a month under my belt !!!

I have a little swelling..looks a little strange...kind've like an oblong face.

Guess It's all a part of the game.

Good luck pal.

More_hair

I recently had a HT with Dr. True last month. So results are far from to speak of but as for everything else goes....A+ in my book icon_smile.gif I would definately meet with him again if and when needed for another HT.

- pm me if you have any questions icon_smile.gif

Had all 3 with T & D . I am one happy (hairy) man

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

morehair,

I liked your diplomatic responses. Some guys do get into the mode of "raw raw my surgeon" and it is a little annoying at times. There are approx. 6-10 elite physicians in my opinion and all are very capable of awesome results. It comes down to with whom you are most comfortable with. I will only tell someone to not go to a particular physcian when I believe there is someone else that will do better work for them.

In terms of the consult fee, it doesn't bother me much. At first I thought that it was a big deal but I am sure that they have many that are really not serious at all and waste their time. Hell I flew out of town for consultations and spent over $1000 on flights. As long as they answer your questions and do not rush you thru the process.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I agree with NN (again). There are a handful of doctors capable of delivering superior work.. The most important factor is that you select the one from the group which you feel comfortable with.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hey NN and mrjb,

Thanks guys.

At least you know where I'm coming from.

I couldn't agree with you more.

The "raw raw my surgeon" as you put it gets a little boring sometimes.

Secondly,a persons class comes into play when bashing other doctors results....it shouldn't be done unless a doctor is a butcher...in that case it's open season.

We are here to protect each other...not bs about how beautiful we are.

But anyway it's always better to take the high road and let the screamers scream...lol.

Thanks for the help/support.

You guys like alot of the others are very helpful and class acts....keep you posted on my results.

More_hair

One thing you all have to consider is that cheerleading a surgeon typically begins with a post asking about varying doctors.

In my opinion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about a surgeon, especially the one who restored the patient's hair. My only concern however, is that it's easy to dismiss surgeons who aren't being cheered even when they also perform quality work.

I also encourage you not to buy into the hype that the doctors who are heavily promoted online are the only doctors who deliver superior work.

It would be nice however, if some of the superior surgeons hidden in the background like many of the physicians recommended on our network would contribute to or have their patients contribute to our community so results would be more viewable for seeking hair transplant patients.

Bill

Hello All: I am kinda new to this forum, prior to my "work" I performed extensive research, and thank each and every one of you for providing this great info. This is a hard decision, and I'm betting that most, if not all, of us had a tough time choosing the right Dr. To recap, I needed repair(s) from an early 1990's hair transplant (not really botched, just better technology now), and I consulted with Dr.'s Rassman, Feller, True, Bernstein and one in PA. I ultimately chose Dr. Bernstein, and am happy with my choice and the first repair session (Oct. 07). My main problem, though, is that I require immediate results, and having 2-3, or maybe more, repairs followed by a full transplant is not an immediate task. I'm ok with this now, but, wow. In summary, I've been very pleased with my choice (I think Dr. B and is entire office is fabulous) and more than likely chose him for his extensive repair skills. I see results, it's just such a slow process, although, some day I will be done...I'll follow up.

YES MICHAEL!

Now that is my type of result! I have been getting the same comments as well. People saying my "new haircut" makes me look like my younger brother.

Ok, now stop hanging out at Dunking doughnuts looking for highschoolers icon_smile.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

NervousNelly:

Thanks for your impartial wisdom. You need to change your avatar to Yoda or something...

IMHO...There are always mitigating circumstances which will lead a patient to a particular doctor. The fact that we have several elite hair restoration surgeons to choose from is a God-Sent. Because I chose Dr. X over Dr. Y, was not strictly due to, my Dr.'s better than your Dr., but more based on MY particular needs.

For example, some Dr.'s that I crossed off the list would not do more than 2500 grafts. This didn't make them less worthy or make my Doc better "???but in MY particular situation I would have been better served with a larger session-cosmetically as well as financially. (I got that advice from this forum).

Thank you "Oh Wise One" and may the "hair" force be with you..

If you can't see it...I'm genuflecting!

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs