Seems like it would be a zero-sum game, nonetheless.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

the ONLY time it would be beneficial to recycle old grafts is in a case where old mini grafts (with a graft containing multiple hairs) was used in the hair line creating a pluggy appearance, then some times the doc opts to recycle the grafts from the hair line and place them further back. Even then it is usually a better route to place new grafts at the hair line to try and conceal the old multi hair grafts rather than recycling because the process of extracting the old grafts + placing new one's in the same area causes to much trauma to the scalp.

Originally posted by Goldstar:

If transplanted hair can be transplanted then wont you be able to have an infinite amount of donor hair?

NO you do not have infinite donor hair. Hair can be moved more than once. Do to trauma or transection, the yield can actually be less.

NG and Than-A are correct.

NoBuzz

since we're asking q's, what about transplanting hair from other parts of the body to the head? Will it grow the way it grew lets say on one's chest, or will it adjust to head hair length and growth? Is it possible? k thnx

BHT('s)-body hair transplants- are still very much in an experimental stage. At BEST the results are inconsistent and weak. I don't know your circumstances but they should only be considered if either you have already used all of your available donor hair

-OR-

you have Diffused Unpatterned Alopecia (don't have ANY donor hair).