HAIRLINE SCARRING

uncjim

Cureus,

Your photos depict some scarring along the hairline. I find this particularly alarming as in I have been the victim of this, due to procedures many years ago. While mine is more severe, any hairline scarring is due to poor HT technique.

You should understand that with today's superior procedures, any scarring along the hariline is totally unacceptable.

Please don't take this as an attack. Frankly, it just pisses me off.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

scar3.jpg.6e4d02c451742f4b3fc912a4634cdde4.jpg

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Cureus,

Your photos depict some scarring along the hairline. I find this particularly alarming as in I have been the victim of this, due to procedures many years ago. While mine is more severe, any hairline scarring is due to poor HT technique.

You should understand that with today's superior procedures, any scarring along the hariline is totally unacceptable.

Please don't take this as an attack. Frankly, it just pisses me off.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

OK, for those who have not seen the original topic by Cureus, it is at the following link...

http://www.hair-restoration-info.com/groupee/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=5696015661&f=2566060861&m=6226080303&p=1

Frankly, UnclJim, I'm suprised you started a brand new thread on this as apposed to conveying you concerns on the original thread.

That said, I did see what you saw and wondered about it some too. What I saw was a lighter area (or line) at the base of the frontal hairline hairs, just to our left of the widow's peak. It did not strike me as that significant or obvious but, admittedly, I had noticed it. I also considered it might be something that is not apparent other that on a closeup flash photo. Either way, it's probaly something that the average person would never see anyway.

Overall I am very impressed with the shape and placement of the hairline. I might have opted for a few more single hair "stragglers" to soften the hairline a bit, but it looks great and Cureus seems to be quite happy with it.

trying2moveahead

Frankly, UnclJim, I'm suprised you started a brand new thread on this as apposed to conveying you concerns on the original thread.

Too often, real concerns get buried in long threads. Hairline scarring is something that can't be removed. It can only be camouflaged. Therefore, it's a lifelong thing. I consider that a f-cking outrage!

Uncjim's Journey

Manko,

I'm referring the the white line that I circled. It's in both pictures and simply shouldn't be there, as a normal flow of scalp to hair wouldn't show this. It's a scar.

Trust me, I'd like to be wrong.

I don't want to beat this to death as it's not my head and I also have no desire to hurt anyone's feelings.

The point here is "buyer beware". If it's subtle enough for some to live with, that's fine.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

Uncjim,

I have to admit this is the first time I've seen or heard of hairline scarring other than cobblestoning type lines from plugs. Any idea what particular thing a surgeon could do that would cause it? For the record I still think the hairline and results turned out very nice. I think we all strive for the "perfect" HT though so I'm curious.

Dart

Uncjim,

I'm trying to understand what you are talking about. Are there any "white scars" on this photo of Cureos?

Also, if there are no scars here, which I can't see at all, why are there no scars here?

cureous1.JPG.d0d94579c5f807c6e966a452bd39141b.JPG

If you carefully look at the picture you'll see another white scar starting just below his eyebrow - forms a huge semicricle covering his entire face - a result of a poor HT technique for sure.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't..."

I went back to Cureus' thread, becaus I thought I remembered him only getting grafts in the temple. However, he did get his frontal hairline grafted too.

I'm glad that Cureus is happy, but I have to say that making a guy look good with little touch-up sessions is not one of the harder things to do, with a hair transplant. It's a lot harder to take a high Norwood and make that look good, than it is to work on a Norwood 2. I don't think he even needed a hair transplant. But it's his head, so I hope he's happy 5 years from now, and 50 years from now.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm trying to understand what you are talking about. Are there any "white scars" on this photo of Cureos?

Also, if there are no scars here, which I can't see at all, why are there no scars here?

You can't see any white scars in this shot just like you can't see any single-hair grafts. That doesn't mean they aren't there.

I don't believe it is a "lighting effect".

It's possible that a year from now, there will be less evidence.

The goal is to have a recipient site that looks untouched, when you are done. No divots, no scarring. In my opinion, only a small handfull of doctors in the world can do that.

I hope Cureus is happy, but I would not have gotten surgery for that trivial amount of hair loss.

ubb.jpg.c638a1a91e6e1cd37c2e6a6121814660.jpg

Jim~I too have had some scarrring(long linear lines from forhead back to the bridge area) due to an outdated procedure.What do you believe would be the best course of action to conceal this...............an HT by a top doc infront of the damaged area?

Solid,

Absolutely.

Dr.Wong inserted grafts behind, directly in, and slightly in front of the hairline scarring. It is now completely camouflaged. This was my biggest concern and I couldn't be happier with the result.

I do believe that it takes the skill of a top doctor like "the master" to pull this off.

Please check my link below if you haven't already.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

Jim, excuse my ignorance but I don't see any scarring. Can you be more specific? I think it would take either a much closer close up or a much more skilled eye than mine to see this. I have a feeling who can recognize it but thats another topic. I also suspect that if their is some scarring it may be due to too much dense packing in the front though that is a very wild guess. I think Cureus looks good now but I am a rank amateur, a pretender to the throne and no one should put much stock in my opinion. However I support his desire to get the plant and he will have a much thicker and more youthful hairline as a result. This would not have been possible back in the 90s but now with the refinement of skills and technology, I beleive it is. best,WWH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Jim, excuse my ignorance but I don't see any scarring. Can you be more specific?

I believe he is referring to the whiteness at the base of the grafted hair. It's subtle, but a tell-tale sign.

Ideally, the recipient site looks untouched, when all is said and done. In my opinion, very few doctors can achieve this.

It's possible that this patient's scalp may normalize and the pigmentation will return... I don't know.

uncjim~I have asked this question a few time on the forum about inferior work and what can be done to correct it.I thank you and all for your insightfulness,responces and patience. icon_cool.gif

Considering this patient is just 3 1/2 months out I suspect its too early to say much thats definitive about a white line or whatever. Comments from doctors would be appreciated at this juncture, the rest is speculation in my opinion. WWH