newbie on hair transplant

mgmjtech

Hi,

I am 36 years and my hair is starting falling three years ago. Now its noticeable and i am starting looking into hair transplant. I have tired propecia for a year and now i am on Rogaine. I don't see any improvement or stabilize my hair falling.

Through this website i was able to search two surgeon in my area and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either one of them and their techniques. Any recommendation with other surgeons would be great as well.

Dr. Nakatsui performs large sessions of ultra refined follicular units using the lateral slit technique with extremely natural results.

Thomas Chung Wai Nakatsui, MD

Suite 200, 9670 - 142 Street

Edmonton

Alberta

Dr. John Gillespie exclusively performs all microscopically prepared follicular unit hair transplantation with excellent results.

Gillespie Hair Restoration Clinic

5116 ??“ Elbow Drive SW

Calgary

Alberta

Hi,

I am 36 years and my hair is starting falling three years ago. Now its noticeable and i am starting looking into hair transplant. I have tired propecia for a year and now i am on Rogaine. I don't see any improvement or stabilize my hair falling.

Through this website i was able to search two surgeon in my area and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either one of them and their techniques. Any recommendation with other surgeons would be great as well.

Dr. Nakatsui performs large sessions of ultra refined follicular units using the lateral slit technique with extremely natural results.

Thomas Chung Wai Nakatsui, MD

Suite 200, 9670 - 142 Street

Edmonton

Alberta

Dr. John Gillespie exclusively performs all microscopically prepared follicular unit hair transplantation with excellent results.

Gillespie Hair Restoration Clinic

5116 ??“ Elbow Drive SW

Calgary

Alberta

mgmjtech,

Welcome to our community.

Dr. Nakatsui does quality ultra refined follicular unit transplantation.

Be sure to use the find feature of our forum to search through over 5 years of archives about this physician. There you will be able to read about patient experiences and see patient before/after photos.

I hope this helps.

Bill

So i got some information from both doctors and they both claimed that their method is one of the best in the world.

Dr. Nakatsui gave me a rough price for $2-$6 per graft - He said i need to 2000 = around $9000

Dr. John Gillespie quoted me "Price is dependent on the number of grafts you receive and ranges

between $4000 - $10,000".

Let me know how much you guys pay for your and who is your doctor. My other location that i can go are bay area or san jose. My sister leave there so i can stay there for couple of weeks.

Any suggestions?

I dunno.... Dr. Nakatsui seems to do some pretty damn fine work mgm.

He has been very forthcoming about his techniques, and very detailed with his patient photos.

I cannot attest to his skills personally, but Pat (the publisher) has been very impressed with him, so I think you should meet with him in person to decide for yourself.

However, I also believe that when you are looking for perfection and the BEST doc for you, travel should not be a deterrent that limits your choices.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Mgm,

Of all the docs that post their results on this forum, Dr. Nakatsui seems to show the most detail in all of his posts. His results are fabulous and IMO you are a lucky bastard that won't need to travel far. Make sure that you get a consult with him.

Never heard of Gillespie. That's not a good sign. Doesn't mean that he is not good, but I have heard of most of the best in the world. Might want to research him a lot more. Remember, they all are going to tell you that their results are the best.

Good luck.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

DON'T LET TRAVEL LIMIT YOUR CHOICES!!! Alright now that I have made that point, I am not taking anything away from Dr. Nakatsui or Dr. Gillespie. All i am saying is if you get a hint of the doc not being suitable for YOU or just not what YOU want in any way, don't go there. There are multiple world class surgeons out there that would provided amazing results. Don't let a few hundred dollars or a different place hold you back from receiving a lifetime quality investment. I am not taking anything away from the docs you mention just make sure you are well informed and are completely knowledgeable about your decision. That goes for you too Snajeev, WATCH OUT! Take care my friends...

You only live once...