Anyone get more hair after laser hair removal?

Tembo

I had laser hair removal to get rid of Rogaine induced forehead hair growth. However, I am pretty sure that I got more hair because of the laser hair removal!! Anyone else tried laser hair removal?

I have been getting electrolysis treatments thereafter, with better results.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Laser hair removal definetly takes several treatments. Scalp hair is very persistant and is not as easy to kill as some body hairs. Laser treatment cannot make more hair. Some treatments can stimulate sleeping hair follicles to start growing. That may be what you are describing.

Tembo,

I think Dr Charles provided some excellent advice. Personally, I would definitely take his expert opinion into consideration. You may also want to ask the practitioner performing the removal, or make an appointment with a dermatologist (for further clarification). Good luck, and keep us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sparky,

Oddly enough, this is the second time I've heard this complaint from individuals using minoxidil on hairlines. Unfortunately, I don't remember the outcome of the other individual (this was on an unrelated hair loss blog)

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Albertsmith

Why you don’t go for laser hair removal? It is the safest way of getting hair removed and that too permanently. This treatment will surely give you positive results.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...