NeoGraft Automated FUE Patient Educational Video

For those patients who are weighing the options between the benefits and limitations between the standard 'Strip Method' and a 'Manual FUE' procedure:

The below patient educational video shows the entire procedure (in under 3 minutes) using the NeoGraft Automated FUE Hair Transplant System.

http://app.talkfusion.com/fusi...asp?NDMxNjY1_2835785

or

NeoGraft Patient Educational Video

Fast Facts - Regarding the benefits of a NeoGraft FUE Procedure:

' Capable of performing 2,000+ Graft Sessions using the same time as Strip Method

' No linear scar - Hair can be worn short

' No invasive cutting to the scalp or suturing

' Less risk for complications

' Minimal pain

' A NEOGRAFT procedure is the least invasive hair transplant procedure

' Less trauma to the grafts than with current "Manual FUE" - There is no squeezing or pulling with tweezers to removed the grafts - gentle suction with the NeoGraft System easily removes the grafts.

' NEOGRAFT is an FDA approved hair transplant machine

' NEOGRAFT is the only device that automates the procedure of hair transplantation.

' NEOGRAFT is the product of ten years research and development, 1000's of procedures have been performed in Europe with excellent results

' Now available in North America

' The same results can be expected when using the NeoGraft System for Body Hair Transplants. With the bulk of the Body Hair all being Single Follicular Unit Grafts, the NeoGraft System greatly improves the speed of the Harvesting while maintaining Consistent High Quality Grafts.

Whether you want the 'Strip Method', 'Manual FUE', 'Automated FUE with the NeoGraft System' or some combination of the group, information is your best tool to getting the best possible outcome for your hair transplant procedure.

Please feel free to ask any questions...

Good Luck with your information search.

Doug Monty

NeoGraft

Note: I work for NeoGraft

Doug,

Your post is much more promotional than educational. However, for discussion sake, I'll allow this post and hope some of our leading surgeons will offer their input about this tool.

Generally speaking, I haven't seen one fully automated device that can ever take the place of the dedication and skill of a qualified surgeon using even manual instruments.

Ultimately, if automated tools can make a process easier and more efficient, I'm all for seeing doctors using them. But in the end, patients are concerned about results.

I look forward to continued discussion.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for allowing the thread.

As with all surgical procedures, when effective new technology is developed, there will be some people who will grasp it right away and others who will be resistant for various reasons.

It's no secret that the bulk of Doctor's practices have been mostly dedicated to the 'Strip Method' for a long time. And Doctors who have been performing mostly FUE have got their procedures down to an Artistic Science.

The NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System expands the playing field both to Doctors and Patients who want to explore larger cases with an Automated FUE or for Doctors to start to offer FUE in the first place.

Over the course of the next year we will have training centers set up across the country so that physicians who are interested in seeing a live surgery will have the opportunity to see for themselves the effectiveness of the NeoGraft System.

We (Doctors) will proudly post pictures or more Video's of surgeries to better inform the public.

Of course since I work for NeoGraft I am biased toward the equipment, much like other posters on this Web Site who have something they believe in; be in procedures, techniques, tools or Physicians and want to promote the results and inform the public.

Again I thank you for the opportunity.

Doug Monty

NeoGraft

• 4 weeks later...

I think this is very interesting, kind of blow away all the current FUE tools I have seen. I would be very interested in finding out more and knowing patients that have undergone this procedure.

• 2 months later...

I just want to remind everyone that NeoGraft is just a machine, not a hair restoration physician or clinic. I assume in time we'll see whether or not the NeoGraft hair transplant machine takes off and becomes popular amongst FUE physicians. Remember however, a tool is only as good as the skill of the physician and technicians operating it.

To participate in a recent discussion about the NeoGraft hair transplant machine, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Remember however, a tool is only as good as the skill of the physician

Exactly. I never got caught up in all this tool talk attention grabbing headlines. I am only concerned (as I think we all should be)is in the results and the effect it has on the donor area for further procedures.

Hi Doug. I have a few questions/concerns I wonder if you wouldn't mind addressing?

1. I'm not sure how other people feel when the term 'RPM' (which I can only assume stands for rotations per minute), comes up in the description of a FUE tool, but it makes me think of drilling techniques which, I believer, are outdated due to transection rates and general poor graft survival. Does NeoGraft use some sort of rotary system to remove grafts? If not, why would a word like rotation be used to describe suction?

2. Do most FUE surgeons really use tweezers to remove follicular units? It's my understanding that top docs usually use their own tools, but not many simply punch and pull.

3. How does the graft being sucked through a tube affect survival rate? It may be minimal, but it seems like this adds unnecessary trauma.

4. In the same sense, why does the machine have an addition to place the grafts? Doesn't this simply add more suction while moving the grafts?

5. Also, wouldn't two attachments to place grafts take significantly longer than a larger number of technicians? And does using a device that sucks up and then places the grafts void the delicacy and skill necessary in placing grafts at correct angles?

6. Finally, one of the biggest assets of HTN is its transparency through posting consistent, cosmetically significant results. I know the video stated that thousands of successful pictures have been performed in Europe, but the photos shown at the end were not clear enough to make real judgments and, frankly, did not look as good as some of the top FUE work on this site (IE Feller, Shapario etc). Do you have any clearly documented cases to view?

Thank you. I hope you do not think I am dismissing your tool, and I truly hope NeoGraft proves to be a successful asset in FUE procedures. I simply would like these concerns addressed and it would be great if some physicians performing FUE on the site would lend their opinion. Thank you.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future_HT_Doc,

We will actually have a better video coming out shortly which will provide better views of grafts being removed.

The video was shot during a seminar in Florida which had over 500 grafts harvested at a zero percent transection rate.

This new video will show that there is actually very little rotation taking place prior to the graft being removed. And your right, mentioning RPM along with the device may not have been the best descriptor of what is actually taking place with the removal of the grafts.

As you know all surgeons are different; and while the machine is very easy to use, it does require a small amount of skill, some surgeons use a one step approach while others use a two step, where the graft is punched (using either a 0.8mm or 1.0mm punch) and then raised up with the suction and then tweezers are used to remove the follicular unit.

Some doctors who are looking to get into hair transplants (such as yourself) may not have the case load to be able to maintain a full time staff of skilled hair transplant techs. With the inclusion of the Implanter hand pieces, this provides another option to the surgeon or staff to aide in the completion of the procedure. Also the Implanters really do help with the placement of single hair grafts. The same angles can be achieved using the implanter or tweezers.

If you have a skilled hair tech team they may be more comfortable placing with tweezers. As with anything new, if someone is not used to a technique it will take time. Again it is an option.

All surgical procedures cause trauma, as with any surgical procedure the least amount of trauma the better; whether it is punching, squeezing, digging, cutting etc??¦. NeoGraft Technology provides a lot less trauma than the current manual FUE method, I have personally seen some experts perform manual FUE 'Live' and it was quite the opposite of the results which you can expect to achieve with the first time use of the NeoGraft System.

Now compare the trauma associated with the standard 'Strip' Surgery, the cutting, squeezing, shaving and handling by multiple people. When it's all said and done the argument could be made that a NeoGraft surgery provides the least amount of trauma to the patient or the grafts themselves. NeoGraft Technology has been around a long time and the suction does not cause any damage to the hair nor have any impact on the overall result of the procedure.

Send me a message and I might be able get you to see a procedure live. We have quite a few doctors across the country who now perform FUE procedures with the NeoGraft system.

Trust me there is no one on this web site or any other web site who can just 'dismiss' the value of the NeoGraft System.

Consistently harvesting High Quality Grafts, at a fast rate, with very little skill, while providing patients an alternative to 'Strip' surgeries is very hard to dismiss. There are many reasons why some doctors only perform strip surgeries.

For doctors who do perform Strip Surgeries and FUE procedures you will find that the FUE procedures typically make up between 10-20% of their practice. So by the numbers there is quite a bit of demand in the market place for FUE procedures and this demand will only continue to grow. Some Doctors will be able to service this demand while others will not.

When doctors see a procedure live, they usually end up wanting a system or changing their opinion.

Doug,

I just have a few quick questions/comments which I think require addressing.

As you know all surgeons are different; and while the machine is very easy to use, it does require a small amount of skill

Are you saying virtually anyone regardless of experience and/or skill can use this machine? I really have a problem believing that a machine/tool can replace the experience and skill of a qualified surgeon.

Now compare the trauma associated with the standard ???Strip??? Surgery

You really ought to stick to comparing apples to apples. FUE and Strip are two entirely different procedures. The debate here isn't whether or not FUE or Strip is a better solution, but whether or not the NeoGraft machine makes FUE easier, faster, and more efficient. Let's stick to the scope.

Trust me there is no one on this web site or any other web site who can just ???dismiss??? the value of the NeoGraft System.

I don't get the impression that anyone is trying to dismiss the NeoGraft machine. However, the burden of proof of safety and efficacy always falls upon the company promoting a particular product.

Some doctors who are looking to get into hair transplants (such as yourself) may not have the case load to be able to maintain a full time staff of skilled hair transplant techs. With the inclusion of the Implanter hand pieces, this provides another option to the surgeon or staff to aide in the completion of the procedure. Also the Implanters really do help with the placement of single hair grafts. The same angles can be achieved using the implanter or tweezers.

As I myself am a patient first and foremost, I have a big problem thinking of any machine replacing the dedication of a quality physician and experienced staff. From the above, it sounds like you are claiming that just about anyone can use this machine and this particular claim makes it sound like a dedicated team is no longer required.

Regardless of what innovative tools or machines are engineered, I still believe that nothing can replace the experience and dedication of a qualified physician and their staff. Machines can't make decisions on the fly like people can. As variables and/or complications arise, I'd be much more comfortable in the hands of a dedicated surgeon and qualified team then a single less than qualified doctor without support staff.

The only other problem that I have is that an attempt to completely automate the hair transplant process lacks the creativity and artistry that only an experienced physician can provide. Automation can also promote laziness. I have no problem with any innovation that can be useful, but there is nothing that replaces a surgeon's skill and experience....NOTHING!

I think it would be interesting to hear what physicians recommended by this community have to say about this device, especially those who have used it and/or witnessed it in action.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Each one of your recommended surgeons started off with Zero experience at some point.

I have seen skilled doctors have difficult time removing grafts using a standard FUE punch tool, not all Grafts come out easy when using a manual tool. There really is no comparison between the two methods.

Technology has enabled advancements in all types of surgical procedures. The NeoGraft is just another advancement along these lines. What we are saying is that any medical trained professional can become very proficient at the harvesting and implanting of High Quality Grafts using the NeoGraft system in a very short time.

You can argue that artistry will only come with experience but the fact of the matter is all Hair Transplant doctors have to start with ???One??? Patient and if they are going to be performing an FUE procedure it would make it easier on them, the patient and the grafts, if they had a device which would make the procedure as easy to perform as possible.

As far as Doctors just starting out, they may not have a ???dedicated team??? meaning ???Full Time??? employees dedicated only to the insertion of Follicular Units. With the NeoGraft, the surgeon is able to perform the entire procedure by themselves. Or to use one Tech to help them sort out the Follicular Units into 1,2,3 or 4 hair grafts.

It would be nice for patients only to see doctors who have performed 5,000 Surgeries, but we have new doctors completing their residency requirements each year. And these new doctors are going to be the experts of tomorrow, but will need to perform surgeries today.

Try not to think that this machine is going to take the place of anything, just getting from point A to Point B with better faster results. Think of it this way, would you rather drive cross country on a bus with a driver with 1,000,000 miles under his belt or would you rather fly cross country with a ???qualified??? first time pilot in a state of the art jet.

Your comment about that ???automation promotes laziness??? is actually quite the opposite. You are making an assumption that a better faster tool will create a work environment which is less than ideal for surgical conditions.

Think of it this way, if you are performing a manual FUE procedure and you constantly have grafts which are being very difficult to remove and you are on Graft 10 with 790 to go, I would use the words ???Tedious and Frustration??? to describe the thoughts of the doctor performing the manual FUE and if this is the case, this is not in the best interests of the patient.

I am not really sure why you think using the NeoGraft will have any negative effect on the ???creativity and artistry??? of a procedure, it is still the doctor who will be making the slits with their standard tool. The NeoGraft System is a device which is able to consistently harvest high quality grafts at fast rate when compared to the current Manual FUE methods/tools on the market today.

Let me know if you would like to see a procedure live. There is a big difference between hearing input from people who have never seen it/used it, seeing results from a ???our??? video and actually seeing it ???Live???.

Thanks

Doug

Doug,

I don't disagree...entirely.

My argument is more conceptual than specific to the NeoGraft hair transplant machine.

I am all for tools that make FUE easier, faster, and more efficient - especially given the lack of consistency regarding growth yield FUE has faced in the past and still faces today.

I'm ultimately looking out for other hair loss sufferers reading this thread. I don't want anyone to get the false impression that they can get the same results in the hands of an inexperienced newbie doctor using "NeoGraft" as if it's some magic wand as they can with an experienced and skilled surgeon with a proven track record of excellent results.

In other words, some tools may be more effective and useful than others, but it's the skill and experience of the physician that's paramount.

This is why at the Hair Transplant Network, we recommend surgeons based on a proven consistency of excellent results rather than the tool(s) they use to get there. The only instrument we require clinics to use are microscopes since it's become a proven standard that microscopic slivering and dissection minimizes transection. Perhaps in time, if other tools become widely accepted as the "Gold Standard", we'll require them too. Most everything else is subjective.

Anyway, I would love to see a live demonstration sometime. Send me a PM and perhaps we can work out the details.

All the Best,

Bill

I think this is the device (like a vacuum fue extractor) on the Rachel Ray show last week. I was wondering what it was. An Asian American surgeon in New York was presenting it, as including a few other very new treatments for the body. Each of them looked impressive.

The other two treatments were to reduce wrinkles in the face and to reduce fat.

I'll look for the video. It was the show from Last Thursday morning.