Hair consultation....is it a ripoff?

mrsportsy

Today I got a free hair consultation with the Hair Club. They did a microscopic scalp analysis and showed me on screen that I am starting male pattern baldness and am beginning to lose my hair. I don't want or need surgery, I just want to maintain my current hair. So they told me that have a 5 step process that includes 1)In the Shower- Moisturizing or Revitalizing Cleanser Shampoo 2)In the Shower-Enzyme Scalp Cleanser 3)In the Shower-Energizing Conditioner 4)Out of the Shower-Hair Revitalizing Complex Vitamins 5)Minoxidil (which is Rogaine basically)

I asked the lady giving the consultation why not just use Rogaine, and she said that just using Rogaine is like trying to plant seeds without harvesting the soil, that you need to do this in order for it to be effective. She also said Propecia is effective as a hair loss stopper, but really effects men's libidos.

The cost of this is $1800 for the first 6 months, so my question is, do you think that this is all just hocus pocus and they are ripping me off? Do you think I just should get Rogaine and save tons of money?

Any advice would be welcome!

The host of "The Bald Truth", a radio program on XM 152 (Sunday nights at 8 p.m.)said last week he gets more complaints about the "Hair Club" than any other outfit that has anything to do with hair.

So, he's a pretty big leading consumer activist for hair losers.....

BTW, I tried one of their 'systems' back in '96 and it lasted a week with me. When they finally took that damn thing off me, I was proud to be bald!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

mrsportsy, In a nut shell, you have more common sense than the consultant probably. Where are you thinning or are you receding? Topicals, shampoos that is, are just part of a regime once someone's had an HT and are using Propecia/Proscar/Avodart and or Rogaine and not as some magical formula alone with Rogaine. "Nizoral" shampoo is a good starting point for you because it contains 1% Ketoconazole which removes surface DHT. You can buy it at a drug sotre and the top-of-the shampoo you can order online is "Revita" by DC labs. There are not always side effects with Propecia either, something to think about, but try the Nizoral shampoo 3 times per week and Rogaine together. Remember Rogaine works on the crown mostly.

Hi sporty

Its all just hocus pocus and they're ripping you off .

Finasteride is the only thing licenced and proven to block DHT from effecting your folicals , it can be found in a range of oral medication , the most common are proscar or propecia , it does say in the instructions with the drug there is a LOW risk of lowering sperm counts and lowering sex drive .

I myself have been lucky and had no sides ,same with my brother , my doctor who has used it for over 8 years and several guys who I know use propecia or proscar , these side are very rare but can happen .

Like its752 said ,the shampoos help but only if your on a course of oral meds too .

So to finish ,that bird was full of shit ,just to rob you of your money .

I hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

big ripp off!!! just use minox (same as rogaine) propecia or proscar (proscar alot cheaper for $90.00... you will get a 4 month supply splitting the pill into 1/4 tabs and try the revita shampoo which I just tried and its great. I was just on the online chat at 9pm and Dr. charles came on and gave advice on your questions?? how funny huh!!! The doc said that the foam is better for the topical solution because it penatrates more effectivly and you only have to use it once per day compared to twice per day with the topical. Here is a price guide of what about you should spend. If you decide to go with topical minox I buy it at costoco for $17.99 kirkland brand and thats a 3 month supply. Foam is $50.00 and thats a three month supply. Propecia is about 75.00 for a 1 month supply. Proscar is $90.00 if you split the tab into 1/4 pieces and thats a 4 month supply. Revita shampoo is $27.50 for a bottle,a little expensive but really nice. So in essence you should be spending at top $167.50 to $135.50 for supplies which can last 3 to 4 months. propecia and proscar both have finasteride,but proscar alot cheaper and alot of guys on the site have changed to proscar from propecia

NN too funny, I can do it for 1000 dollars

I trust bosley as far as I can throw them.

stick to the big three

Propecia

Minoxidil

Revita or Nizoral

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

850.00 and that's a DEAL!

icon_biggrin.gif

Okay, Okay, I'll throw in a guarantee that you won't be happy, and that in 6 months, I'll sell you a 3500.00 package that is sure to do the trick!

Glad you found the site mate, BEFORE you spent the money.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

They did a microscopic scalp analysis and showed me on screen that I am starting male pattern baldness and am beginning to lose my hair.

I assume you had an idea you were balding and had mpb before they ran the analysis? Seriously, the experts are posting on this forum daily and you're likely to learn more here in a week than those 'Hair Club' folks learned in their course in Hair 101

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week