doctor feedback

Big1

Today I helped someone close to me research hair transplant doctors. I spoke at length with 2 doctors: Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, Fl. and Dr. Nussbaum in Miami. Both Doctors were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

I was surprised to hear that Dr. Nussbaum has 9 technicians disecting grafts for every case -- now that's service! Dr. Nussbaum uses inteneral dissolvable sutures and external traditional sutures. I for one, am very impressed with what I've learned from Dr. Nussbaum. The person who is interested in surgery has already met with one of Dr. Nussbaum's patients and was impressed.

Dr. Charles is in his thirties and was extremely accessible for both the interested party and myself. My sense is that he is very ethical and talented.

My first inclination was to advise my associate to solicit information from Dr. Jeffrey Epstein (in Miami). I called his office today and spoke with a girl (whose name rhymes with droolin). I never got a chance to speak with the doctor but based on my impression from the girl who answered the phone, I would NEVER step foot in his office. Too bad.

As for me, it looks like I might have my 4th and last procedure icon_cool.gif

Today I helped someone close to me research hair transplant doctors. I spoke at length with 2 doctors: Dr. Charles in Boca Raton, Fl. and Dr. Nussbaum in Miami. Both Doctors were very pleasant and knowledgeable.

I was surprised to hear that Dr. Nussbaum has 9 technicians disecting grafts for every case -- now that's service! Dr. Nussbaum uses inteneral dissolvable sutures and external traditional sutures. I for one, am very impressed with what I've learned from Dr. Nussbaum. The person who is interested in surgery has already met with one of Dr. Nussbaum's patients and was impressed.

Dr. Charles is in his thirties and was extremely accessible for both the interested party and myself. My sense is that he is very ethical and talented.

My first inclination was to advise my associate to solicit information from Dr. Jeffrey Epstein (in Miami). I called his office today and spoke with a girl (whose name rhymes with droolin). I never got a chance to speak with the doctor but based on my impression from the girl who answered the phone, I would NEVER step foot in his office. Too bad.

As for me, it looks like I might have my 4th and last procedure icon_cool.gif

Ouch!! Dr. Epstein has some of the best referrals I have ever read online from former patients. Based on those referrals alone I would put my head in his hands. Can you be more specific as to what happened?

I don't want to waste too much time on the subject. The interested party called with specific questions but he was unable to get any information. I called (anonymously) and she said "I don't know what you guys are doing but your friend just called and asked similar questions." I then asked "is that bad" and she said "no".

The fact that she would try to "out" me is absurd and she is evidently way too unprofessional to be working in a business like aesthetic surgery. After all, if it is acceptable to treat prospective patients like that (before the doctor has been paid) then I would be curious to see how a patient is treated after he has paid. She might be the exception (and not the rule) at the doctors office -- and I would hope so-- but JESUS CHRIST!!!

Its somewhat understandable (yet not at all appealing) that she couldn't answer ANY technical questions but it was not ok for her to try and shame me (or my friend). Not what I wanted to have to deal with. icon_cool.gif

Or perhaps maybe the office has had problems in the past with prank callers?

Or perhaps the girl who answered the phone has had problems with guys who won't take "no" for an answer and repeatedly call her place of work?

Or perhaps she has a jealous boyfriend/husband which tries to keep tabs on her, and she thought it was very suspicious that 2 callers in a row with the exact same questions were very suspicious?

Does Epstein work in an office entirely by himself? Does he work in an office which does other procedures except he's the only dedicated HT surgeon while the other doc's do other services? If so, her not being able to answer too many questions wouldn't bother me.

I could probably come up with a lot more scenarios, those are just the first few that come to mind. I don't recall any pictures of Epstein patients, but like eastend said, there's been many former patients with positive posts about him.

As a patient of Dr. Epstein's, I can assure you that your post is way off base. Every person I dealt with in his office was incredibly nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Dr. Epstein personally meets with all prospective patients. He sat with me for 45 minutes on my first visit to his office, never rushed me, answered all of my questions and never pushed me to get my HT from him. His work and his professionalism sold me. The guy's work and professionalism are beyond reproach.

You two probably came off as a couple of prank calling geeks. It's pathetic that you would go on a message board and smear a great Dr. like Epstein based on some goofy tag team call to a receptionist.

Why is your friend fearful of contacting physicians directly vs using you as a third party or surrogate? I too would be a little suspect of your motive & intent under the scenario you described.

Lets calm down for a second. That was my experience with his help and not with Dr. Epstein. I'm not condemning her or his office, just communicating with you and anyone else who cares to read.

I was not a "surrogate". I called after my friend called, who was unable to get info.; I was as well. Not getting information was never the problem.

I'm happy for you that you had a nice experience. icon_cool.gif

By the way Geedo, you specifically need to calm down and read. We are supposed to share our experiences -- and not only the good ones!

Evidently some things need to be repeated) I NEVER EVEN SPOKE WITH THE DOCTOR! Needless to say, my comments didn't smear Dr. Epstein.

Don't be so quick to call people names. icon_cool.gif

Or perhaps maybe the office has had problems in the past with prank callers?

Or perhaps the girl who answered the phone has had problems with guys who won't take "no" for an answer and repeatedly call her place of work?

Or perhaps she has a jealous boyfriend/husband which tries to keep tabs on her, and she thought it was very suspicious that 2 callers in a row with the exact same questions were very suspicious?

Does Epstein work in an office entirely by himself? Does he work in an office which does other procedures except he's the only dedicated HT surgeon while the other doc's do other services? If so, her not being able to answer too many questions wouldn't bother me.

I could probably come up with a lot more scenarios, those are just the first few that come to mind. I don't recall any pictures of Epstein patients, but like eastend said, there's been many former patients with positive posts about him.

Look at the beginning of this site hairtransplantnetwork.com and look under before and after photos you will see Dr Epsteins work. His work looks very good.

An h.t. is expensive. I better be getting more for my money than merely results (like respect for my anonymity and courtesy). A good result is not the only criterion for deciding on a doctor.

I would also add that it probably isn't that unusual for prospective patients to want their privacy and to keep their anonymity. My money is too hard earned to give to just anybody. icon_cool.gif

I've had several e-mail contacts with Dr Epstein's office (Roxy) and my questions are answered quickly & accurately. I know it's not the same as a phone call but you can still tell the professionalism. Frankly, I'm surprised too.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Western-star....

I'd visited Epstein's site before just out of curiosity, and I'm sure when I was researching before my first HT that I saw pictures of his....I just couldn't recall any of his photos at the time I wrote my response. I did, however, remember many positive posts regarding his abilities.

Maybe she is just the receptionist. She may not be able to answer technical answers because she doesn't know

Or she may know the answers to your questions, but she's been told not to get into discussions about things like medical techniques or prices over the phone, with a cold caller. They may be trying to discourage people who shop based on price. Or Epstein may prefer to handle all the medical questions personally (just speculating, obviously).

Sorry if I misunderstand the situation, but you may be over reacting.

Maybe not though, it's hard to find good help.

Today I receieved a call from Roxy (a member of Dr. Epstein's staff). I never had an opportunity to speak with her but she did leave a detailed message and asked me to call her with any questions.

I was also called by Dr. Epstein but was away from my phone at the time. He too left a message and provided both his work and his home telephone number.

My impression of Dr. Epstein's practice has changed. It is very clear to me that Dr. Epstein is concerned that his patients have positive experiences at his office.

It was nice to recieve phone calls from both Roxy and Dr. Epstein. I am certain that any patient would leave his office a very satisfied customer. icon_cool.gif

It was nice to recieve phone calls from both Roxy and Dr. Epstein. I am certain that any patient would leave his office a very satisfied customer. icon_cool.gif

While it is good to hear they attempted to get back to you, being 'very satisfied' involves a lot more than picking up a phone. Good luck in your quest

----------------------------------------------------------