Dr Diep in Los Gatos

JoDirt

Hello

First time registered member,long time reader.

been thinking about hair transplant for so long and now its a good time with a steady income I can give myself a nice 33 bday present.

Has anyone gone with Dr Diep in Los Gatos?

If not, any recommendation for a surgeon who specialize in asian hair transplant, because asian hair are different than other races.

thanks

Jo,

Welcome to our forum community.

Honestly, I never heard of him. Be sure to research any physician you are considering and look for real patient feedback.

Since you are in California, I'd also suggest researching the following physicians with a positive track record of producing quality hair transplant results:

Dr. Reed

Dr. Rassman

Dr. Siporin

Dr. Meshkin

Dr. Kabaker

You can read more about them and find their contact information by clicking here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I would suggest contacting Dr. Wong, who has a reputation for his work on Asians.

PM Jotronics or look up Hasson and Wong's website www.hassonandwong.com.

Your going to need to leave California to get the best results.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Although I agree with Bill that his list of doctors are very skilled, H&W are demonstrating superior talent. Don't ever be afraid to travel. You will live with the results on display for everyone.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 2 years later...
Hello

First time registered member,long time reader.

been thinking about hair transplant for so long and now its a good time with a steady income I can give myself a nice 33 bday present.

Has anyone gone with Dr Diep in Los Gatos?

If not, any recommendation for a surgeon who specialize in asian hair transplant, because asian hair are different than other races.

thanks

I have gone to Dr.Diep for hair transplant. Very bad experience. Its simply waste of tons of money.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm contacting you regarding the comment u left about your experience with dr diep in Los gatos I have just recently had a procedure done with him and am very stressed out can you please share your experience and what I should expect please I am looking forward to hearing your experience and results thank you so much for your help

happannagari -I have gone to Dr.Diep for hair transplant. Very bad experience. Its simply waste of tons of money.

Hi

I'm contacting you regarding the comment u left about your experience with dr diep in Los gatos I have just recently had a procedure done with him and am very stressed out can you please share your experience and what I should expect please I am looking forward to hearing your experience and results thank you so much for your help

I don't know much about him, but I've seen some of his youtube videos. If I recall correctly, none of the videos show any grown-out matured results. They are all pre-op. Maybe he just hasn't been practicing long enough? I think he does mostly FUE, too.

I wouldn't want to spend money on an FUE procedure with a surgeon unless I could see many results, both pre-op and grown out and matured.

• 7 months later...
happannagari -I have gone to Dr.Diep for hair transplant. Very bad experience. Its simply waste of tons of money.

Hi

So how is your procedure doing from Oct from dr diep. I just had a consultation with him. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Happannagari only had one post on this website, and wrote in two bad grammar sentences about his "bad experience". If you had a bad experience, you should explain your bad experience in more details. Thus, this negative remark is not valid.

Same goes for Salcali's post who only explain "being stressed out" but does not explain in further details. I've read reviews from other website (while not many) that gave positive reviews.

John Diep with the ISHRS & AHLC and worked under Dr William Rassman. Voted one of the best hair surgeon in 2010. And one of the best and few FUE surgeons in California. And specializes in ethnic hairline.

I had a consultation with Dr John Diep (in San Francisco clinic). I am considering doing FUE procedure from Dr Diep. There was no sales pitch, nor the pressure to sell. He explained what to expect on pre, present, and post surgery. He answered all questions with honesty and with a sense of humor. Showed me pictures of his work on numerous patients. Explained the pros and cons for the transplant, gave good recommendations on my potential hairline and discuss an agreeable decent price. And had the courtesy to send me a consultation letter explaining what we had discuss.

He's young (40 years old) and only has slightly less than 10 years experience. But just because we do not see his name often on internet forums does not mean he is a terrible doctor. His business has an A-rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with no complaints file. He's done thousands of transplant and worked on numerous celebrities and athletes from his Beverly Hills clinic. He does transplant procedures around twice a week.

We all know the general rule is never choose a surgeon base on location. But since I live in San Francisco and with Dr Diep's credentials, this is a good opportunity to consider FUE transplant from him locally. Even patients from all over the world go to his clinic. As a class 4/5 Asian patient, I will only do one FUE session (2,000 grafts) on the (mature) hairline and frontal region just to be safe and conservative. If I am satisfy with the result after a few years, I may consider another procedure from him.

I would advise nervous first timer to consider a free consultation with him and watch his YouTube videos. And for those who really had bad experience, I would like you to explain in further details and post some pictures.

Edited by hair1978

• 7 months later...

Hello hair1978

I also had a consultation with Dr. Diep and I was impressed with his explanation in my options for hair restoration. I am, like you, a class 4/5 Asian patient. If you have gone with Dr. Diep for FUE procedure, can you share your experience and results, please?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Happannagari only had one post on this website, and wrote in two bad grammar sentences about his "bad experience". If you had a bad experience, you should explain your bad experience in more details. Thus, this negative remark is not valid.

Same goes for Salcali's post who only explain "being stressed out" but does not explain in further details. I've read reviews from other website (while not many) that gave positive reviews.

John Diep is board certified with the ISHRS & AHLC and worked under Dr William Rassman. Voted one of the best hair surgeon in 2010. And one of the best and few FUE surgeons in California. And specializes in ethnic hairline.

I had a consultation with Dr John Diep (in San Francisco clinic). I am considering doing FUE procedure from Dr Diep. There was no sales pitch, nor the pressure to sell. He explained what to expect on pre, present, and post surgery. He answered all questions with honesty and with a sense of humor. Showed me pictures of his work on numerous patients. Explained the pros and cons for the transplant, gave good recommendations on my potential hairline and discuss an agreeable decent price. And had the courtesy to send me a consultation letter explaining what we had discuss.

He's young (40 years old) and only has slightly less than 10 years experience. But just because we do not see his name often on internet forums does not mean he is a terrible doctor. His business has an A-rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with no complaints file. He's done thousands of transplant and worked on numerous celebrities and athletes from his Beverly Hills clinic. He does transplant procedures around twice a week.

We all know the general rule is never choose a surgeon base on location. But since I live in San Francisco and with Dr Diep's credentials, this is a good opportunity to consider FUE transplant from him locally. Even patients from all over the world go to his clinic. As a class 4/5 Asian patient, I will only do one FUE session (2,000 grafts) on the (mature) hairline and frontal region just to be safe and conservative. If I am satisfy with the result after a few years, I may consider another procedure from him.

I would advise nervous first timer to consider a free consultation with him and watch his YouTube videos. And for those who really had bad experience, I would like you to explain in further details and post some pictures.

@Hair1978 i see you have met with Dr John Diep. If you dont mind me asking how much did he take from your donor area, how are you pleased with your donor area now, was it worth it, and how much did it run you? Im new here and i did some research on the guy and seen that he did well with African Americans, but i dont know how true this is. If you can send me a pm or even answer me here, would be appreciated. Thank you

• 4 months later...

I just had consult with Dr. Diep in Los Gatos and was impressed enough by him and his YouTube videos to book a FUT procedure with him. Unfortunately, despite a lot of searching, I can't find anything on the web with reviews, etc, of him. One of the frustrating things about forums like this (similar to ones about cancer) is that people have procedures/treatments and then stop posting... can anyone else besides Hair1978 post an experience with Dr. Diep, along with results? He appeared to be a very knowledgeble guy with a lot of experience... nothing negative on BBB, and this guy has three different offices in California. I have one more week before I can get my deposit back if I change my mind... getting a little nervous...

Edited by ratt57
left something out

• 5 months later...

Here is another FUE result of Dr. Diep from Los Gatos. He will post more before and after soon or you guys can go on his website www.mhtaclinic.com or call 866-999-6482 or go to his Youtube channel "JGDIEP" to views more before and after. You can view one of his other work here by clicking on the link below!

http://youtu.be/DT6XaNenyoE

Dr. John Diep is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 9 months later...

Re user happannagari"s negative comments about DR Diep why ???

In the flesh, I can say that Dr Diep and his crew are very kind & genuine souls!

BACKGROUND....

I am a 46 year old male from London UK and after many years of contemplation, researching and watching many YouTube video reviews in search of Dr Right as we all do! ( admit it ), I finally settled and committed with Dr Diep.

And Why Dr Diep? BTW - No, I do not work for him as many of you reading this will probably discover this later from my British accent once Ive put up my photos with the audio description of my progress.

Well let me start by telling you a bit about my journey before going into the details about my procedure and the whole daunting experience. Prior to the procedure, I had been contemplating on doing something about my hair loss and after at least 8 years worth of looking around /reading through countless hair loss forums / before&after YouTube videos by Dr Diep and also of many other doctors in the uk and around the world and after all this research, Dr Dieps videos stood out the most to me as they had the most impressive dense hairlines and they were backed up by real genuine patient reviews without any sales bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I did come across a few other good doctors too but their hairline designs were too conservative and didn't really do it for me.

In my mind, I had already decided that I had to do something about my hair loss and so with that said,I eventually said to myself that I can either except my baldness and then shave my hair off ?or do something about it ? Of course I chose the latter as I really didn't like the idea of that bald shaved look, call it vanity or whatever you want but that look is just not me. Since then in November 2013 I had finally decided to take the plunge and get the hair transplant done . I knew that deep down inside my only option was an FUT strip as I am presently in between a NW5/6 and that meant that the FUE option was out of the equation

One of the main things that really bothered me and was holding me back in the past, was the thought of having that strip scar on the back of my head, It's not all about vanity for me but I would really like to grow old in a graceful way and being a musician,my appearance was important to me and only for myself! My wife and kids are completely happy with me the way I am (bald) however, over the last few years I felt depressed with my look, especially when you see yourself in photos. After many years of praying to God ! I finally saw the light and had concluded that there's no harm in a having a strip scar since it will be invisible as it will hopefully be covered by my existing hair? I convinced to myself by thinking, what if was I involved in a really bad accident and was then left with visible scar on my face let alone the back of my head? What if one of my limbs was amputated or even worse ,what if I was left blind? So in the grand scheme of all these scenarios, I figured an invisible thin scar is not so bad after all.

One of the main concerns that I had expressed to Dr Diep is that I wanted my scar to be completely hidden as I needed to go back to work within 2 weeks as I didn't want anyone to notice it and so far I think he has done a great job with that though I will really only be able to be sure of this after 10days so stay tuned and I will keep you all posted .

WHY I CHOSE DR DIEP......

About a year ago , I had had an skype consultation with Dr Diep after looking through many of his awesome before & after results which I must say they were hard to believe but then again,all his videos were backed up with true genuine reviews by the actual happy genuine patients themselves. There was no sales pitch or bull or anything like that and after having it done now I can confirm he is the real deal. His offices may not be as plush like all the others that I've seen in London but they more than nice enough and very sterile. Most of all,Dr Diep and his staff are such wonderful kind people and not to even mention that Dr Diep has given me the most awesome hairline with good coverage !!! I was rooting for the Andy Garcia widows peak style and let me tell you ,it is pretty damn close , well I am certainly happy with it and I can't wait for the hairs to grow out !!!

All Please be patient with me for as I will include my photo later on once the expected swelling has resided.

ON THE PROCEDURE DAY.....

My procedure was booked for Friday 15th November 2013 even though, I arrived a day earlier to avoid any possible delays . I kept asking myself, what am I doing ? I'm i doing the right thing here ? I'm i really doing this? Not to mention that I was so scared of having this whole procedure done. I mean the thought of having a strip cut out of the back of your head is pretty damn scary,

Then came the big day and I arrived at the clinic at 6:30 am and it was all over by 7pm. Before going ahead with the procedure i had to sign a whole load of waiver forms, signing away any possible action against the doctor and scary as this may seem, I do believe that this is a standard practice with most doctor as they cannot guarantee you your happiness or be responsible for any complication that could arise from such a procedure. My worst nightmare was my scar stretching or my grafts falling out the or the skin dying around then strip.etc as detailed in the waiver form which are all outside of Dr Dieps control and though with said,Dr Diep seems to be very ethical person , the sort of person that will do his very best which was good enough for me.

Excuse me for going on a bit but I assure you that you too will also experience the same emotions when you read and sign these forms . Even after reading all of this scary stuff I still went ahead for as I believed in God and had great faith in Dr Diep being a ethical person he is and his patient review were very genuine.

Dr Diep photographed and videoed me with the that famous A4 MHTA CLINIC LOGO and contact details in that plastic sleeve stuck on the wall if you know wha I mean , I felt like a superstar and it was all very surreal because I will probably one those Dieps patient reviews myself that all you receedors too will be watching over and over again Lmao!

Since I was so nervous and terrified, Dr Diep had given me some tablet to relax me and then 30 minutes from then, I was at a point of no return, whilst these drugs were kicking in , Dr Diep went over my intended hairline once more again and made some awesome alteration that I was completely happy with and I can safely say that he is The King of Hairline designs period !

ON THE OPERATION CHAIR ,,,,,,

I felt the initial numbing injection which weren't bad as I had originally imagined and then before I knew 11 hours had past and I was done, I kind of fell asleep in & out during the surgery and all his technicians were all such lovely kind understanding lady's . Upon waking up and looking In the mirror I as so shocked ! my hairline looked just awesome , I mean it was exactly as Dr Diep had depicted before hand and I couldn't have been anymore happier. I was scheduled for 4000 graft but Dr Diep managed to get an extra 384 additional graft which is all good though I'm a bit stretched for cash and it is going to cost me extra $1000, I digress, Dr Deip had not charge me for the extra grafts and that has really helped me out a lot an it's much appreciated (Thank You So Much that Dr Diep)

DAY 1: 15th November 2013

After the procedure I had returned back to my hotel with a headband and a cap,I slept quite well on the day and there was no pain and I was extra careful and followed all the instructions right down to a T as I did not want anything to fall out or stretch, or go wrong.

DAY 2 :

I went back to the clinic for a Hair wash and took the antibiotics and swelling tablets as prescribed, later on the day, i felt a little discomfort pain and numbness on the back of my head but the pain had resided after taking the painkillers though to be honest,it was absolutely bearable even without the pain killers, I was just being a big chicken lol.

At the moment my head has kind of swollen up and I look like Frankenstein in fact ,he could probably be my stunt double in a movie (LMAO) but then again, this kind of swelling apparently is quite normal for up to 3/4 days.

My main objective was to keep everything clean for the next 8 days in order to ensure that my grafts have taken root and established well in and thereafter , I should be able wash and scrub my hair as per normal.

DAY 3:

To follow soon if you guys are still interested and haven't already fallen asleep to my story ..just tell me to shut-up and I wouldn't be offended at all as I'm only trying to help all those people in my situation and to give them a realistic insight . It was a Sunday and had to clean my scalp and sutures by myself as the clinic was closed. Once again I followed their cleaning instructions and it is fairly straight forward. There are plenty of YouTube post op videos around to help if you are not too sure.

DAY 4

Went back back to clinic for a checkup had my head cleaned and washed and Dr Diep just doubled checked that my scar was healing as expected ,so far all good,

DAY 5 :

Went back going back to the clinic for checkup and a hair wash and I was very well looked after for the staff.

Dr Diep kindly checked and confirmed that my scar was healing though at this point I can can feel that my scalp feeling tight but not crazy tight, i guess this is due to the suture closure and it is to be expected. Also the swelling seems have been reduced and I'm beggining to look normal again.

My emotions are playing up and I'm feeling worried about thinks like, I hope that my scar does not stretch and that everything heal all okay. Every morning when I look at my hairline and I feel really good and positive but I will only feel 100% comfortable after my suture have been removed and knowing for sure that nothing is going to stretch (this would be my worst nightmare ) As it stands, I sort of seem to be able to hide the scar but hope it heals into nice smooth thin line ...all please pray for me ! (Thanks)

If my hair pans out as expected then I'm going to be one of the most happiest souls on earth! I know I that would feel a lot more confident with a nice new hairline that Dr Diep has given me (I promise , pictures will follow soon as the post op swelling resides)

FUT OR FUE ?

Well if you are anywhere near a nw5+ then it's FUT period that is If you want the most impressive results.

All I can say today is that, Dr Diep has given me the most awesome hairline with great coverage that my heart had desired, something which I thought was never possible especially given the fact that I'm a NW6 !! Only time will tell how good my results are over the next 8 months or so and I will try to post on a monthly basis to help my fellow receedors.

The whole experience has been was much easier to that of what I had originally anticipated and Dr Diep and his staff were so kind and wonderful, these guys are the real deal with no nonsense or sales pitch but just pure simple results.

This whole journey has been a mixed roller-coasters of emotions, terrifying yet with a great new life changing experience that now only time will tell. ... All please wish me luck that I don't run into any adverse complications with my new transplant and in return , Will pray that all my followers reading this can cross paths with Master Diep.

PS I don't know why someone here has made such negative comments about Dr Diep and his clinic on this forum but all I can say that those remarks appears to have been made by an faceless individual or entity without any real explanation.

"The MHTA CLINIC is full of dedicated experienced staff who knows their skill very well."

If anyone here in the Uk wishes to see me in the flesh then, please post me your name and number here and I'll call you and perhaps, we can meet up over a coffee.

Stay tuned in......

Very Best Regards

DanTheMan (DM)

Edited by Dantheman