QUESTIONS ON (FUE) HT

I took a look at Dr. Feller's site and I am ready for another HT soon. I looked at the new (FUE) HT and read the about the procedure.

1. Is the (FUE) the best way to go???

2. Would 500 fue grafts make a big difference since a have thinning hair about a 3 vertex?

3. Can anyone let me know how their experience went with FUE procedure??

I took a look at Dr. Feller's site and I am ready for another HT soon. I looked at the new (FUE) HT and read the about the procedure.

1. Is the (FUE) the best way to go???

2. Would 500 fue grafts make a big difference since a have thinning hair about a 3 vertex?

3. Can anyone let me know how their experience went with FUE procedure??

LT

To answer

1. Is the (FUE) the best way to go??? This is an exciting new technology for HT, fits well with people that need lower counts on the grafts for fill in, less work etc. The cost to do equivalent procedures (FUE vs. Strip) is approx 2/3-1 1000 FUE 6-10K 1000 Strip 3-4K. A large procedure of Strip can be done in a day, a comparable FUE procedure several days. So the moral is if you have a ton of cash, 3-5 days of surgery daily go for FUE, or strip still holds the best bang for the buck.

2. Would 500 fue grafts make a big difference since a have thinning hair about a 3 vertex? A don't think 200 made a difference for you so 500 is not a lot, most people with that level are looking at 2-4000. Use the graft calculator here it is pretty good.

3. Can anyone let me know how their experience went with FUE procedure?? Lots of people on this and other websites have FUE experience. Me I am a strip guy so cannot speak to it.

GOod luck

LT

Since you mentioned "another" hair transplant I assume you already had some work done.

I haven't had a strip, I had the big punches done, and FUE too.

FUE procedures are much easier to heal and recover from than other procedures (including strip, from my readings).

I recommend that you meet with Dr. Feller if you are interested in his services, and get specific advice in person. If you want FUE then you should get FUE. (Many guys want the least invasive techniques).

500 grafts is not enough for a big visual impact. It could certainly help but it will be a subtle change at best. Dr. Feller used to post here, maybe he will answer.

FUE is good if you have limited donor are sparce thinning/or scarring effects.

500 grafts would not make much of a difference unless all 500 were 3-4 hair grafts.

It is also 2-3x expensive as strip.

FUE is good if you do not like a scar at the back of your head.

Laproscopic surgery (for liver stones) is preffered over the conventional surgery. The difference is only in the level of invasiveness.

My sister in law got laproscopic removal of gall stones. She was back home in 2 days and said she didnt feel any surgery was done.

If I could turn back the clock, I would choose FUE over strip irrespective of the cost.

For that matter even the cost is not really a factor if you are net savvy.

Dr.Arvind, Delhi does FUE cheaper than strip in the states. I think FUE is worth a trip.

Going to Dr.AP for Body hair transplant and fue