can anyone recommend hair transplant surgeon in Washington State close to Seattle

C-Man

Hi,

I am loosing a lot of hair on the front side. I have been reading this blog about various experiences people had with hair transplant. This made me feel comfortable to go ahead with hair transplant. Does anyone know a good surgeon who I can go to in Seattle area? Does it pain during the surgery and after the surgery is done?

Hi,

I am loosing a lot of hair on the front side. I have been reading this blog about various experiences people had with hair transplant. This made me feel comfortable to go ahead with hair transplant. Does anyone know a good surgeon who I can go to in Seattle area? Does it pain during the surgery and after the surgery is done?

Guest wanthairs

not far from you in Canada is Hasson and Wong, probably one of the best places in the world with a million references

C-Man,

Before jumping into surgery or even consulting with any clinic, I recommend that you take your time and do some research.

I'd recommend reading the following thread for starters:

What should I consider when researching hair transplantation?

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=569...071019713#5071019713

There are many excellent physicians recommended on this site, especially those in the coalition found here: http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...s/our_physicians.asp

But again, before consulting, consider the above thread and post some of the answers to these questions here:

1. How old are you?

2. Where are you on the Norwood scale? (Detail posted in the thread I posted above)

3. Family History of hair loss?

4. Any pictures you can post?

5. Are you on any medication (finasteride or minoxodil) to fight hair loss?

I hope this helps!

Hair To Style,

I'm starting to get a little concerned about your posts. It "appears" that you are plugging Dr. Gabel pretty hard, or at least it's easy for one to get that impression since you only have 12 posts and the majority of them have been saying how awesome of a doctor he is.

Please remember, though we appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement of having surgery, you only just had your surgery and the end result is far off at this point. Wait until your result comes in before making an evaluation of the successful surgery. In the meantime, if you have pictures of your immediately post op and before situation, we'd love to see them.

Bill

I will get some pictures up for you! Don't really understand your post? I would want to read all I can about any Doctor That I would be placing that much on the line. Botched transplants are ugly, Let alone the financial

aspect! and depression. Granted It's only 9 days days but I know I have (will) a great result! That much is sure.

Hair to Style,

While I admire your enthusiasm, you're in no position to say "That much is sure" at 9 days post-op. Sure people want to read as much as they can about certain doctors, but without corroborating pics or anything substantive being conveyed besides "He's a great doctor! Really!", we shouldn't be taking people's word for it.

And Bill, now that you mention your suspicions, I have to say I had the same thoughts about mrjb over a year ago. He wouldn't (and still doesn't) post any pics, and when I went back and researched the history of his posts last summer, he initially seemed to pop up every time Dr. True's name was mentioned to say how great his surgery went. He's since evolved into a more active poster, so maybe Hair to Style will prove his bona fides eventually and stop sounding like a broken record. But the reluctance to show results is still suspicious to me, and that includes both mrjb and Hair to Style.

I happen to think Dr. Gable is a very good doctor.

However, it is always a bit touchy when new patients first come here, especially after their HT--- kind of euphoric, right?

Anyway, Hair to Style, your right to be so excited--- we would love to see some pics if possible.

Also, make sure you let others know how to use the search feature, read through the forum, etc... in addition to letting others know about your work with Dr. Gabel.

I think Hair to Style is on the level guys--- as is mrjb-- and trust me when I say I completely understand where L'A... and others come from.

H&W should be a must consult for anyone in the area, and Dr. Gabel is a very good choice as well.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hair To Style,

I'm starting to get a little concerned about your posts. It "appears" that you are plugging Dr. Gabel pretty hard, or at least it's easy for one to get that impression since you only have 12 posts and the majority of them have been saying how awesome of a doctor he is.

Please remember, though we appreciate your enthusiasm and excitement of having surgery, you only just had your surgery and the end result is far off at this point. Wait until your result comes in before making an evaluation of the successful surgery. In the meantime, if you have pictures of your immediately post op and before situation, we'd love to see them.

Here we go again. Perhaps it would be nice if this guy could enjoy his post-op instead of being accused of shilling.

• Administrators

I'd be careful with the surgeons in the immediate Seattle area. I've visited Seattle on three occasions and have come up dry every time in trying to find one worth recommending.

I suggest that if you want to stay local that you go North to Vancouver to get it done right with Hasson and Wong or South to Portland with Dr. Gable.

Dr. Gable is doing some impressive work. But he does a very poor job of sharing his results online - despite my repeated requests for him to share it. What a shame.

Best wishes, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Spoon,

You are often the cause of trouble in many of your posts. Do you ever have anything productive to say?

Nobody has accused Hair to Stay of being a shill...

And to think you've been around awhile. Do you not understand why there is call to question?

ANYONE who states how awesome their result is before their result is in, AND who is already recommending their doctor to others calls for reason to question. The key word here is QUESTION....NOT the word ACCUSE. See the difference?

Hair To Style,

We are excited for you that you had an awesome experience. We hope you'll share your photos with us for what you have now and continue to keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill and spoon, why do you hate each other so much? I have seen many threads in the past where the two of you battle it out and then telling each other to take hike.

I see where you're coming from with the need to question the unknown. But the fact that B spot and Pat both agree that Dr. Gabel is a good doctor just probably means Hair to Style is on cloud nine from his recent HT wanting to spread his enjoyment.

You both have been around for a long time helping hairloss sufferers. I being a noobie have learned a lot reading both of your posts and find that at the end of the day both of you have nothing but good intentions.

Bill and spoon, why do you hate each other so much? I have seen many threads in the past where the two of you battle it out and then telling each other to take hike.

I see where you're coming from with the need to question the unknown. But the fact that B spot and Pat both agree that Dr. Gabel is a good doctor just probably means Hair to Style is on cloud nine from his recent HT wanting to spread his enjoyment.

You both have been around for a long time helping hairloss sufferers. I being a noobie have learned a lot reading both of your posts and find that at the end of the day both of you have nothing but good intentions.

Let it be known that I do not hate spoon. In fact, how else would I eat soup or ice cream? icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though...

I don't hate anyone...but I feel that there was good cause to question. I could be wrong in my assumption (in this case, it appears I probably am and that's ok). But that's why the question was posed - so that an explanation can be given.

I admit that I have no background knowledge of Dr. Gabel

(or if I did, I forget because I haven't heard the name in awhile).

Whereas I highly respect both Pat and B Spot's opinion, please notice that their responses were AFTER my initial question.

My post to spoon I feel was warranted since he used the word "accuse" as if I had done something horrible, which I don't believe I did.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill:

You are often the cause of trouble in many of your posts. Do you ever have anything productive to say?

I cause trouble? Why? Because I dare to question what you and some other regulars say? Listen, I think you have genuinely good intentions so I'm going to keep the gloves on here but you're way out of line.

Nobody has accused Hair to Stay of being a shill...

Then what exactly were you getting at with your comments? It is quite obvious to me that you were suggesting he was shilling for the doctor. You can politic around it and argue that the literal wasn't there but it should be clear to anyone who reads the text that that is what you meant.

And to think you've been around awhile. Do you not understand why there is call to question?

Of course I do. And I've been around long enough to see that there is no WAY that this poster is a shill, just from the content of his posts. He's an excited patient, end of story.

ANYONE who states how awesome their result is before their result is in, AND who is already recommending their doctor to others calls for reason to question.

The issue here is that you don't remember what it was like before you posted 4,000 times and read tens of thousands of other posts on hair loss boards. Why shouldn't he recommend the clinic? What should he do? Say that the surgery was painless, the healing was good, the care was outstanding, but I'm not ready to endorse the clinic? Jeez man lighten up. I've heard of Gabel before and I know he does good work. The interrogation is very selective around here.

The key word here is QUESTION....NOT the word ACCUSE. See the difference?

I do understand the difference and I see zero difference in this case. Your comments were accusatory in nature. Furthermore you used the extremely sly tactic of sprinkling in the word "we" all over the place, because it adds the impression of authority as though you speak for the collective. You did it again here:

Hair To Style,

We are excited for you that you had an awesome experience. We hope you'll share your photos with us for what you have now and continue to keep us updated on your progress.

C-man,

I hope that you got an answer to your question. H&W or Gable but don't be afraid to travel as there are some great Coalition docs out there. I am travelling from Michigan to Minneapolis in August to see Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Spoon,

Yes Maybe Bill did slightly hint at a possible shill but it was no big deal whatsoever. However, he is very accurate in his statement that you almost always come out of nowhere with your posts and try to start an arguement. Very few of your comments are constructive or informative and I wish they were as it is obvious that you are a knowledgeable person. Surely you have more to add to this forum than to seek out threads where you can quote someone and then attempt to discredit or cause havoc.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Spoon is very knowledgeable and I like his input. There is a good balance on this board and we all kind of keep each other in check.

Many patients have come on this board and really pushed their surgeon immediately post op. That is normal excitement when your post-op procedure looks good. I mean, look at Pushing 40. He's recommending H&W and has only seen a few hairs so far. I'm sure Pushing 40 will have great results, but let's take a step back here. Are we picking on patients because of a certain amount of bias against some doctors?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I have respect for everyone here. This forum is so effective at keeping the shills at bay that I really don't recall the last time an obvious shill did try to slither in.

I know everyone is working hard to keep this site the great work that it is. But there have been a number of recent occasions where the GOOD passion of this community has UNDERSTANDABLY caused it to be a bit overly and cynically skeptical and as result, unwelcoming to new posters who just innocently want to cherish and share that joyous moment of getting a life-changing HT (you guys remember and can relate to that moment, right?). So in that regards, I see where spoon is coming from totally. Below are some concrete examples. Please read them I would like to hear your thoughts:

1).

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...6060861/m/2401031123

2).

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...861/m/8941030991/p/2

3).

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/746...861/m/4531004913/p/1

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Yes Maybe Bill did slightly hint at a possible shill but it was no big deal whatsoever.

First of all I think you're understating what happened. It was quite a bit stronger than "slightly" and "possibly".

Second, why do you think it's no big deal whatsoever? If you posted a positive experience and were met with that kind of skepticism and your character was questioned would you feel the same way?

It's too bad you think my intent is to cause trouble. It isn't.

rp1979,

I did review those threads and you are right that possibly a little too often that happens. I had started a thread that outlined to that effect that we have to be more courteous and supportive on this forum.

Spoon,

I don't believe that my words chosen were too light. I have seen people being blasted on this site and that is not what happened here.

You are right that any new poster that is putting himself out there and is excited about his experience is probably a bit startled when he gets met with some skepticism or his character is questioned but we are all adults and I'm sure that he would understand why it sometimes happens. For the purpose of the integrity of this site things have to be kept somewhat in check.

Yes, I do sometimes question your intentions on this forum. You are quite knowledgeable but appear that you get more enjoyment out of stirring stuff up. Sorry it is just an observation. Show me some threads that you started with educational information?

I did a search of your posts and for the most part they look as though you are always quoting others and then disagreeing. I could add many as references if you like but I know you are very capable of researching.

I'm sure you're a great guy and I value your input on here but hopefully it will be in a more positive light. Sorry but that is how I see it.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

If you would just take Bills post for what it is.

He didn't accuse anyone of being a shill.

I had a great experience SO FAR with my Doctor.

However the jury is still out on the end result.

Therefore, as much as I like my doctor & I am optimistic that my results will be good,

It wouldn't be prudent for me to be recommending him whole heartily yet.

If everything works out, sure I will be spreading the word far & wide.

I also don't believe that recommending H & W to everyone that is looking for a doctor is good advice either. I see this all the time.

One doctor is not necessarily the right doctor for everyone.

It is ok to recommend doctors, but give the prospective patient a list of 3 or 4 doctors to consider.