Acne on Scalp

3 months ago I had my first HT with Dr. Bernstein.

I am experiencing some acne on my scalp, and this is keeping me from cutting my hair short.

I also started using rogaine foam about a month ago and wonder if the rogaine is causing the acne, or it is expected that acne will be present.

How long?

thanks,

aH

I think it's the Rogaine, personally. My reason is last night I developed this huge pimple right on my crown. If I'm not mistaken, I didn't get any grafts on my crown during my procedure 2 months ago. But, I've been doing the Rogaine daily for the past 6 weeks.

That's not very scientific, and it's just one pimple, but that's what I'm thinking.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Hi Angent Harley,

My opinion is that it would more likely be the new hais trying to push through the skin that is causing the pimples at this stage, if you can see them clearly I would advise with clean hands to give it a little squeeze you will probably notice a little hair pop thruicon_smile.gif

Rogaine contains a fair amount of alcohol wich would act to dry out pimples, so I very doubt this is the cause.

Its just your bodies way of helping some of the struggling new hairs push thru, by creating a pimple. If you see more than 5 on yours scalp tho, please see your HT doctor for assessment, as it is possible to have a infection altho rare.

hope that helps.

*I'm Patient Advisor for Dr Andrew Kim, Sydney Institute of Hair Restoration*

agentHarley,

Hairforlife is correct. They are ingrown hairs and evidence of the growth to come. They are typically at their worst between 3 to 5 months. Try applying a warm damp wet cloth on the area to keep the skin moist. This will help alleviate any pain and help soothe the affected area. In time, pimples will be replaced with hair icon_smile.gif.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

well guys, your posts sound quite encouraging. i've been doing some research, but so far haven't committed to any kind of program, but i sure do admire the results you achieved Bill. And if what fishman35 says is true, i could start to see results before summer's end?

------------------------------

With a few facts and the best acne treatment from around the globe, you can eliminate most of the blemishes you face in the mirror each morning!