Has anyone used DermMatch post-op on the scar to hide the shockloss?

kg007

I have suffered shockloss around the scar, and buzzing it down to #4 doesn't help either... I used it today, and it worked pretty well... I believe I had it on for about 14 hrs before I washed it off in the evening.

I have suffered shockloss around the scar, and buzzing it down to #4 doesn't help either... I used it today, and it worked pretty well... I believe I had it on for about 14 hrs before I washed it off in the evening.

kg007,

I am about 3 months post op and have suffered shockloss as well. I did use DermMatch and it does a wonderful job for me. No one can even notice the scar and the shockloss even from very close. I started using it from 1.5 month post op up until now. I apply it in the morning and wash my hairs with shampoo in the evening before going to bed. I asked my clinic to see if that is OK to leave it on for 12 hours and they said I can do that as long as I wash it off at night.

Great product for concealing the scar and the sockloss.

KamCal

3664 Grafts with Dr. Hasson - Oct. 5th, 2007

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hi KG

I used Dermatch everywhere ( all 3 HT's) post op to hide the work.Obviously, I waited the standard 8-10 days for healing but it worked great!!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 3 years later...

Can anyone tell me how to apply the dermmatch on the scar? im trying to figure out. Do i have to wet the brush or make it dry then apply? anybody help please?? Im 14 days post OP. Never used Dermmatch befroe. Im a fibre guy.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Yup, exactly. Wet the brush and apply to slightly damp hair. Spread over a larger area so it blends in better. Good luck!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 5 months later...
Hi KG

I used Dermatch everywhere ( all 3 HT's) post op to hide the work.Obviously, I waited the standard 8-10 days for healing but it worked great!!!

Hi Mr Jobi,

Just interested to know how you managed to conceal your donor scar using dermmatch - Just bought some dermmatch and will try in 2 days (I'll be 10 days post OP). My hair is buzzed down to a 1.

Do you use a base on the donor scar first?

Thanks in advance,

Bald28