Temple Restoration

heyy all...

regarding temple point restoration,

1. When transplanted to the top, grafts from the back of ur head seem to grow in thick and long... How will they grow when placed on the sides? Seems like the native hairs are finer/shorter.. will the grafts assume these characteristics??

2. How many grafts do u guys think it will take for me to fill in both temple points? still leavin a 'natural' recession look.

there are pics from my first procedure in the photo album section...

Copy_(2)_of_H_Month_4_left_a.JPG.07bc79fdc6b826e47a872eef7e9919f8.JPG

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

heyy all...

regarding temple point restoration,

1. When transplanted to the top, grafts from the back of ur head seem to grow in thick and long... How will they grow when placed on the sides? Seems like the native hairs are finer/shorter.. will the grafts assume these characteristics??

2. How many grafts do u guys think it will take for me to fill in both temple points? still leavin a 'natural' recession look.

there are pics from my first procedure in the photo album section...

I believe that it will take approx. 150-250 Fu to fill in temple area assuming I am accurate as to the area you want done. Yes the surgeon will place the correct singe Fu in this area to create the right natural transition and the hair will appear natural. (assuming you choose a top doc) icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I agree with Nervous- I was surprised at the difference a few single hair FU's make in the temple region. His estimate of 250 total for both sides is reasonable. You really don't want the same density here as the sides , treat it more of a transition zone. That is why so few can still make a large apperance difference in the hands of a skilled Doctor. Cheers, S-n-P

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Temple reconstruction takes fewer grafts than hairs place don top of the head, typically because temple points are finer anyway. The advice above given to you was good. have you seen a doctor about this yet? I know there are many doctors recommended on this forum that have done excellent temple reconstruction work. Just use the "find" feature of this forum and look up "temple reconstruction" or other various forms to find patients before/after pictures of such work.

Bill

I would say any permanent temple work would be out of the question at this time.

Perhpas it is the photos but this gentlemen looks like a diffuse thinner, IMO.

I would like to see some higher quality photos in direct sunlight before I would recommend any work at this time.

I could be wrong, but I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Spiral,

Looking at the pictures now (which I failed to look at the first time), I would have to agree with B Spot, that in your specific case, temple reconstruction may not be the best first move. In all honesty, your temples already have a nice natural recession look. It may be best, that IF you are considering an HT, to focus on the thinning areas. BUT...that being said...that's not to say that I would suggest getting an HT at this point either. Are you on any medication such as finasteride or minoxodil? How long have you been losing your hair?

Bill

Spiral,

You look a little too young to be considering a HT. How old are you? You look just fine at this point IMO. There is no reason for you to get into this for such a small session. You should wait until it is really needed on the top and then do it all in one session.

Follow B-spots advice.

NoBuzz

Glad there are several guys reading these posts closely and responding.

After seeing the other posts and then seeing your age, I would agree with B spot.

I guess my 1st post is informative but would not consider in your specific case.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

NN, your assessment was right on.......

It just looks to me like he is diffuse, even through his laterals, so to create permanent temples could result in excessive frontloading in the future to try and balance him out.

I could be wrong though, and that is why I requested some outdoor pics without the hair gel.

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by nobuzz4me:

Spiral,

You look a little too young to be considering a HT. How old are you? You look just fine at this point IMO. There is no reason for you to get into this for such a small session. You should wait until it is really needed on the top and then do it all in one session.

Follow B-spots advice.

Im 25. Already had a HT done about a year ago, 900 grafts in the hairline. The reason for me wanting to restore the temples is because I feel like something is a little off, especially when my hair is wet or pushed back.

I have spoken with my original doctor, and the plan would be to restore the temples and refine the existing hairline... Give everything more of a balance.

NN, your assessment was right on.......

It just looks to me like he is diffuse, even through his laterals, so to create permanent temples could result in excessive frontloading in the future to try and balance him out.

I could be wrong though, and that is why I requested some outdoor pics without the hair gel.

B-spot you are correct in that I am thinning on top, however, my hair is pretty long as of now and without hair gel you would never notice. I can try to get a pic up.

From estimates given, I figured that another 400 or so grafts should not really affect my donor supply, leaving more than enough donor hair for future procedures. My concern lies with getting a second strip procedure at such a young age. Any thoughts???

Hey Spiral, I was posting at the same time, so I just read your post.

What I am referring to is that every time you dip into the donor well to rebuild temples, reinforce the hairline, etc... you run the risk of taking away from the crown or mid-scalp regions in the future.

I am not saying that you should not go forward with your plan, I am saying that you should plan accordingly.

Keep in mind that if you lose most of the male pattern area, you will need 5000 grafts in the front half to re-establish your hairline and achieve a full look, (around 35-60 fu's cm/2)

That usually leaves about 2000-2500 grafts left for the crown and if you have 85-100 cm's to cover your going to have a density of 20-25 fu's cm/2.

Obviously, this is a "worse case scenario" but you have to factor this into your decision making process.

Anything that establishes a permanent hairline/temple line can cause the entire HT process to be "pulled forward" so just be careful that's all!!!!!

You have come to the right place, so do some consults with a few Docs and compare and contrast------

I hope this helps you out buddy!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs