Questions about YOUR Propecia experience(along with mine)

Jupiter

Im just curious to if anyone who is taking Propecia is HAPPY with the results and has actually had REGROWTH. I'm not talking keeping the hair in because lets be honest, it could not even be the medicine it just could be how your baliding. Other thing is I took it for 6 months and ive been off it for about a month, but now have went back and renewed my prescription. When I was taking it at feel at best all it did was keep the hair I got, now after stopping taking it for a month and getting my head shaved again, my balding pattern has gotten worse. so either my balding got worse and my hair was too long too nice at the time or propecia was helping actually or in the worst sense(and most likely the true one) the medication never did shit. i stopped because after having sex with 2 different girls, my penis was never full on hard. Now not to turn anyone off the drug at all, but i never had any less for sexual feelings or anything. I feel like my sperm count was the same who knows or really gives a shit unless your having a baby, but im not sure. i was drunk both times which could have been a minor problem(usually being drunk makes me want to have sex even more so idk?) BUT it also could have been too much foreplay and than just wasn't gonna stay hard that long. IDK not too be graphic but i feel people need to know what there getting into

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Happy; regrowth is difficult to ascertain because I didn't document it, but I am pretty sure I had minor regrowth after 12 months. Either way, like many people, it has done it's main job and halted any loss in my vertex/crown. For the first month I experienced some of the "common" sexual side effects, but after three months they dissipated.

Don't expect magical regrowth with propecia alone, or even when combined with rogaine 5% foam; growth is always a potential, and it has been documented, but it's primary efficacy is in halting your MPB in the crown. And that is no small feat. Not anything close to a panacea, but it is the single greatest (non-surgical) measure you can take towards combating hairloss and setting yourself up for HT procedures. The crown is a blackhole for grafts, and if it is the only place you are losing hair propecia (and rogaine) alone may be good enough; or, at the very least, afford you the chance to expend much less grafts.

Also, at 6months on propecia it hasn't reached full potency, so regrowth or even halting of hairloss is even less common.

As well, being "drunk" might fuel your lust (it does for me), but still wreck your performance in the same fell swoop. Maybe you were experiencing sexual side effects after 6 months, in which case if you have to make a judgement call; but, I would make sure your test environment was more stable (i.e. are you still getting shafted even when not drunk and on propecia) before you give up.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by Jupiter:

Im just curious to if anyone who is taking Propecia is HAPPY with the results and has actually had REGROWTH. I'm not talking keeping the hair in because lets be honest, it could not even be the medicine it just could be how your baliding. Other thing is I took it for 6 months and ive been off it for about a month, but now have went back and renewed my prescription. When I was taking it at feel at best all it did was keep the hair I got, now after stopping taking it for a month and getting my head shaved again, my balding pattern has gotten worse. so either my balding got worse and my hair was too long too nice at the time or propecia was helping actually or in the worst sense(and most likely the true one) the medication never did shit. i stopped because after having sex with 2 different girls, my penis was never full on hard. Now not to turn anyone off the drug at all, but i never had any less for sexual feelings or anything. I feel like my sperm count was the same who knows or really gives a shit unless your having a baby, but im not sure. i was drunk both times which could have been a minor problem(usually being drunk makes me want to have sex even more so idk?) BUT it also could have been too much foreplay and than just wasn't gonna stay hard that long. IDK not too be graphic but i feel people need to know what there getting into

Propecia preserved your hair, that's why your balding pattern has gotten worse quickly over the month you ceased treatment.

Hair loss drugs like Propecia, Minoxidil and even Avodart, have the primary fuction of preserving hair, not regrowing it. Unless you've started to go bald within a year or two and have only mild thinning at the crown, then don't expect to regrow a full head of hair.

Alcohol has an adverse affect on your overall sexual ability, but more prominently, your ability to achieve an erection. However, because it is a common side effect, it could have also been the Propecia.

i can't take this man ive went froma happy 19 year old to a depressed kid who hates his life

Jupiter,

Balding young is hard but there is much more to life than hair. Try not to let it become too much of an obsession. Seek real time hair restoration solutions as you have been doing, participate and discuss your options on our forum, but please be sure to live your life. There is too much to life for no matter how much hair you have. And trust me when I say there ARE women out there that find bald men attractive.

Now I'm not trying to dismiss how you feel my friend. I really struggled hard and wore a hat all the time because I was ashamed of my hair loss. I compared myself often to the Phantom of the Opera. With a hat, I felt good about myself, charming even to the ladies. If the hat was removed, I was insecure and introverted.

But it's all internal. Though it may hurt when people comment about your hair, trust me when I say the one who cares the most about it is you. Most people probably don't even notice or don't care.

Learn about hair loss, find what works to help restore it, but live life in the meantime!

Bill

Originally posted by Jupiter:

yea i guess that makes sense, they need to find a cure i can't take this man ive went froma happy 19 year old to a depressed kid who hates his life.

Well, your hair loss doesn't seem to be interfering with your ability to bed women, which is the best thing in the world. Just go for the buzz cut and try to enjoy life, as a hair transplant for you is really far fetched now.

Jupiter,

I feel you im also young, just 18. Om currently on propecia, rogaine, and nizoral. Do you have any pictures of your hair that you can post to give us a better idea of your situation.

Take care bud, by the time were 25 there will be a cure.

Great advice and words in this thread, and also some meaningful perspective as well (i.e. time is actually on your side, no problems currently with women). So don't allow yourself to become too depressed, or it will feed upon itself.

I would 2nd posting some pics of your mop if you can; can't say for sure, of course, but a legit chance exists that your hairloss isn't "that" bad, and at the very least you could get some objective thoughts...but, even if it is, you really aren't screwed. Plenty of options for you, especially for your crown, and you have caught the beast early -- so capitalize upon that very important fact. The possibility of halting your loss, regrowth, future HTs, and whatever new treatments come out will help make sure you don't have to live your years with wretched hair.

I too would consider hacking it off if it is really bugging you, and especially if you think you'd be OK with the look. "Out of sight, out of mind".

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

lol thats the thing. everyone says chop it off but iv ebeen chopping my hair off for off and on since i was about 14. i'd grow my hair to where i could chew it then chop it off, it was a yearly thing so a buzz cut to any of my friends looks normal. its just the fact now that if i get the same #2 blade buzzcut you can see a fucking horseshoe pattern and its really emberrasing. and yeah i don't raelly have a problem with girls because im not ugly, but im goign to start having problems in about 6 months when im seriosuly going to have a straight noticable ass horseshoe on my dome lol.

and yes my hair is growing back from a buzzcut now, and i can say i wish i would have never shaved it again(god dam my terrible habits of having the luxury to shave off your hair). i suppose ill never have real problems getting a girl its just now i go through just way too many comments that is just adversely fucks my mood up. at any given time. whatever not trying to bitch its actaully nice to just say this shit.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

your still slamming 2 girls, and your worried?

if pulling chicks is what you are after, I suggest building up a little black book with heaps and heaps of names and numbers NOW, and try to get into as many pants as you can.

That way, heaven forbid - if you hair does fall out, you have an index to fall back on - of course, only if your not on propecia, and you can still get it up icon_smile.gif

I too, am extremely stressed over my hair loss at 25 - Bill said it best a few posts ago, which really got to me - life is too short to worry about how much hair is on your head

Its nice to have it there, and by all means, we have to do everything 'reasonable' to get it back. if you can justify flying to far locations, paying heps of dollars to do it - then so be it.

ultimately its your happiness. I started propecia the other day, and i feel better already.

anyway, good luck

and keep grabbing as much tail as you can - thats all i want my hair for anyway haha