Very odd looking pimple after HT.

I accidentally popped a pimple about a week ago in the shower and it had a litle dab of blood on it but my doc checked it out the next day and said it was fine. Anyways, the past few days I've noticed it's come back in the same spot and it looks pretty raised off my scalp, especially after I shower. It looks like a see through whitehead with a thin red line in the middle (possibly a hair?). Does anyone know what this could be and why? Anyone ever experienced something like this?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

I accidentally popped a pimple about a week ago in the shower and it had a litle dab of blood on it but my doc checked it out the next day and said it was fine. Anyways, the past few days I've noticed it's come back in the same spot and it looks pretty raised off my scalp, especially after I shower. It looks like a see through whitehead with a thin red line in the middle (possibly a hair?). Does anyone know what this could be and why? Anyone ever experienced something like this?

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

as you will have them for a while. I popped them, others do not. I just didn't want them to linger and my doc said it was ok to gently squeeze them especially since I began getting them in earnest.

Eman,

A few questions:

1. When did your first pimples appear after the transplant?

2. How long did you have pimples after the transplant?

3. "I popped them, others do not." So the others that you did not pop, were they too painful to pop, or did the doctor advise you not to pop them?

4. What special advise did your doctor give you about your pimples?

Thanks.

take care...

My pimples began between the one and two month mark. I think at the two month mark I was really getting them good.

I think around the four month mark is when the pimples finally abated for the most part.

Some docs tell their patients to leave them alone or use a hot compress to assist in the healing. I took a sterile needle and gently lanced it and then gently squeezed it. This relieved all the pressure and thus I wouldn't be stuck with a painful and ugly whitehead for two weeks. And they were unnoticeable and not painful immediately after. I know of several docs who recommend this method. And after the one month mark you are not causing any harm to the grafts.

Each doc is different, so ask yours would be the advice I would give. But I feel nothing negative was caused by my popping them.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

HairIsThere,

Pimples can appear on the scalp a couple months after the hair transplant procedure. It's a sign of activity underneath the scalp. In my experience, usually within 3 to 4 weeks after a pimple has formed, hair will surface through the scalp. Of course, pimples don't necessarily form for everyone, nor will they appear everywhere a hair will gro (thankfully).

As others have said, using a warm damp cloth applying modest pressure may facilitate healing of the pimple. Usually however, they go away with time on their own.

Best wishes,

Bill

Alright thanks for the replies guys....I guess my main concern is why I'm getting them so early. I started getting roughly 1-3 about 3 weeks post op which seems a little soon to me. I am now about a month out and that one came back a few days after I accidentally popped it and it just doesn't look like an ordinary pimple to me.

- 1 HT ~ 3000 grafts

- Regimen:

Propecia 1X daily

HairIsThere,

I observed the same thing with both of my procedures -- pimples that appeared, then reappeared after I went after them. They stopped appearing, completely, by (as I recall) the three-month mark. As Bill states and Dr. Feller had advised me, they're a normal, temporary part of the new-hair-popping-up process.

Benjamin

Originally posted by Eman:

enjoy the pimples...gently squeeze them.

yes, yes ENJOY them. They are a transient experience of the overall process of a ht. Like fine caviar during the course of a meal, savor them while you can.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.