Seemingly legitimate pictures of guys regrowing a full head of hair

Matt Skiba

These are really impressive, I just came across these doing google image searches for spectral DNC and xandrox, both these guys used a combination of minoxidil and finasteride apparently. Both these guys were worse than me to begin with, so it does make things look pretty hopeful.

This one is in French and supposedly it only took the guy 3 months

http://forum.doctissimo.fr/sante/calvitie-cheveux/big-t...t-sujet_154183_1.htm

Here's another one in regular English, you have to scroll down to see the pictures.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=6&t=15598

That last guy had a good hairline to begin with but that French guy is nothing short of amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could be possible if he follows this regimine consistently. We have seen people have excellent results from meds which is why many suggest people use them. This is not typical though

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Matt,

I thought you were set against the use of finasteride due to Side effects?

Blond.

-----------------------------

PhD (Experimental and Clinical medicine)

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Originally posted by Blondie:

Matt,

I thought you were set against the use of finasteride due to Side effects?

I still am really, but there's no denying how impressive these pictures are, I figure that since I'm better off to begin with than these guys and since I'm still young and not losing hair at a fast rate at all and have plenty of vellous hairs I might possibly have some decent results with just using minoxidil, ketaconazole, and possibly topical spironolactone.

The guy on the english forum also says that he uses a special made cream that's made in Asia that has anti-inflammatory and anti-DHT properties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me that propecia is the most potent treatment, though it does nothing for the frontal region; rogaine, however, while generally weaker, seems to give a "lucky few" remarkable results in the frontal areas despite this not being conclusively proved or targeted during trials.

I have a friend who also underwent a *remarkable* transformation in his front from starting rogaine.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

O.K. Well at least your honest about how you feel!

My personal experience with the drugs has been mixed! I started about 4 years ago when I was 20 and I'm not going to lie - thanks to them I have lost very little on top. If anything they have made my hair thicker. Note: both my brothers went practically bald by my age!!

On the flip side I feel that the drugs have affected me in other ways. I have considered all other options for treating hairloss (from HTs, hair pieces to topical meds) and I know without doubt if you want to keep on to your hair... your most likely to by using a combo of minox and fin (although doesn't work for all).

I wish there was a good topical cream/lotion that specially inhibits DHT produced within the scalp or its effects on the follicle but I just don't think it's going to happen for a while. I would really like to find out why DHT is bad for the follicle? Is it due to inflammation / cell cycle control? Its important questions like these that need answering. If anyone has products with logical science then I'll be glad to hear of it and consider it. I guess an anti-androgen / compound that irreversibly binds to the hair follicle that protects it may help. Just my thought......

Blond.

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)

Originally posted by Blondie:

O.K. Well at least your honest about how you feel!

My personal experience with the drugs has been mixed! I started about 4 years ago when I was 20 and I'm not going to lie - thanks to them I have lost very little on top. If anything they have made my hair thicker. Note: both my brothers went practically bald by my age!!

On the flip side I feel that the drugs have affected me in other ways. I have considered all other options for treating hairloss (from HTs, hair pieces to topical meds) and I know without doubt if you want to keep on to your hair... your most likely to by using a combo of minox and fin (although doesn't work for all).

I wish there was a good topical cream/lotion that specially inhibits DHT produced within the scalp or its effects on the follicle but I just don't think it's going to happen for a while. I would really like to find out why DHT is bad for the follicle? Is it due to inflammation / cell cycle control? Its important questions like these that need answering. If anyone has products with logical science then I'll be glad to hear of it and consider it. I guess an anti-androgen / compound that irreversibly binds to the hair follicle that protects it may help. Just my thought......

Yeah something that seeps into the follicles and has DHT receptor modulationg properties. Such as that the molecule would bind to the receptor like DHT would, but it would have much weaker or no action. This way circulating DHT will not be able to bind to the receptor. I think RU-5884 might work this way.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

'Yeah something that seeps into the follicles and has DHT receptor modulationg properties. Such as that the molecule would bind to the receptor like DHT would, but it would have much weaker or no action. This way circulating DHT will not be able to bind to the receptor. I think RU-5884 might work this way.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I've read about RU-5884. It seems really promising but I don't know how available it is. I think those type of compounds are the way forward. Do you know of any more... and any evidence they might work??

Blond.

1.25mg Finasteride

Minoxidil 5% (EOD)

Nizoral 1% (x3/week)