Transplant with Dr. Siporin in California

gimmehair

Personally, I'm having a difficult time getting a good sense of the work from the pictures, especially the top-down shot; could be that it is in the AM, however, and that I'm running on 5 hours of sleep!

Did you get any pics shot @ Dr. Siporin's?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

it is hard to tell from the pics but the work appears to be refined and clean; however, I honestly don't think you needed a HT; I think you should have tried (if you had not already) propecia/rogaine combination for a year or so before decideing on a ht and see what results you got with that; I know they aren't as affective in the frontal area, but with your loss in the early stages you may have responded well to that;

gimmehair,

Welcome to our community forum.

As some of our members have stated, due to the poor quality of the photos, it's difficult to get a real feel of the immediately postoperative photos. I do have confience however, in Dr. Siporin's work.

How many grafts did you receive? Can you take pictures with higher resolution pictures?

Given that you had a good amount of hair in the first place, with the right number of grafts/hairs, you should have a pretty full look.

Happy growing!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

WoW!

That is one low hair line. With your hair characteristics (curly hair & low hair to skin color contrasts) should look very nice when it is grown in.

I was wondering though, how short your hair is in those post op pics?

Is the scalp showing (on the back and sides) due to JUST your curly hair and the shortness? Particularly the last pic.

Do you have photos of the scar?

It STILL is somewhat unclear though, as far as seeing the EXACT placement of the graphs.

I haven't seen much of Dr.S's work, but there are a few members on this forum who were VERY happy with their results from him.

i will in fact post pictures of my scar. Havent gotten around to it, but in my opinion it IS pencil thin. my scalp shows due to not brushing my hair, and due to the length. its about at a #2. the before and after pics are about 2 days apart. my hair is curly/wavy as u can tell in the before pics. I got 1476 grafts placed.

Dear forum members,

I want to make you aware that I talked to Dr. Siporin in great detail about the placement of the scar because I too myself had some concerns about the higher placement.

Though Dr. Siporin typically places the scar lower, Dr. Siporin put great thought into the placement of this scar based on this particular patient's hair loss condition and the way he wants to style his hair.

This patient has a combination of androgenetic alopecia (genetic hair loss) impacting the frontal region and DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) which For those who aren't aware, with DUPA, there is no real safe zone. Those with DUPA typically experience hair miniaturization all over the scalp.

Dr. Siporin believes firmly that his androgenetic alopecia will not extend to where the donor hair was removed however, DUPA can impact the entire scalp. Therefore, in this patient's case, it is just as safe to take the donor hair from this region as it is where he typically removes the donor strip. He also believes there is no additional risk of scar stretching on a higher placed scar, but a scar placed too low could be problematic due to the extra tension around the neck and ears.

Dr. Siporin and the patient have had detailed discussions (including about placement of a higher scar) and all the surgical risks were discussed before surgery. Being aware of all the risks, the patient made the decision to go ahead with surgery.

Based on my detailed discussion with Dr. Siporin on the phone, I completely understand his reasons for creating a higher scar. I also believe this patient will turn out to be another impressive Dr. Siporin case.

I have to say that I also admire his passion for his work and level of care that he provides his patients.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...