5/11/07 4714 Dr. Wong - almost 7 months

toj332000,

Welcome to our community and congratulations for selecting an excellent physician. Your immediately post op results look incredible.

Given that you still have a good amount of native hair, you should have an awesome head of hair when it all grows in. If you are not on finasteride, I suggest you get on it to minimize the risk of losing more native hair.

Good luck and heal well.

Bill

Great looking work. Wow. With your existing native hair how did they find room for 4700 FU??? You'll need hedgetrimmers to cut that mop in a year. Awesome.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Sweeet!!

You will be one happy man in 1 year!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for the support guys!

Bill, I had been on propecia for a couple of years, but Dr. Wong switched me to 1.25mg Proscar every other day. Hopefully I'll be able to hang on to my native hair as long a possible, but Dr. Wong said he packed enough in the middle that it won't look bad if I do start to lose it all.

Looks like it's gonna be a real winner. Congrats!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

toj-

Hey, that looks like real clean work, my friend. Dr. Wong did HT #2 for me and it came in great. With that many grafts along with what you already had, the results should be excellent. I hope you come back and post some updates..........congrats!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I think the post-op pics look great.

However, I think the graft total may have been a bit much for the amount of existing native hair.

I have no doubt as to the coming results, but I suppose Dr. Wong felt comfortable doing this size session without fear of transection or permanent shockloss.

It just seemed a bit high......my opinion of course.

Congrats and Happy Healing,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Now on day 4 with some new pics...experiencing some mild forehead swelling so hopefully that will be the extent of it. Spent a full day at work today with a hat with no problems so hopefully I'm off to a good start.

I had my consult visit with Mike Ferko in Seattle, and he thought it'd be between 3-4 thousand grafts...but after meeting with Dr. Wong he thought more would definitely be better with a raised hairline if I wasn't constrained by finances.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 17 update...everything seems to be going fine although it's tough to say goodbye to those grafts as they jump ship. Recently cut my hair down to a number two and the scar isn't very visible except on the right side. And I might add the most painful part of the process had to be taking out those 71 staples...OUCH!

Thanks for the update, toj-

Looked at your pics again...................that's gonna look mighty fine when it comes in, my friend!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a week 5 update:

The redness in the recepient area is completely gone. My donor scar is feeling great and basically normal again. The redness of the scar is gradually starting to fade, but when i go to work I sprinkle a little toppik on the area, and you honestly cannot even see the scar if you're looking for it.

The grafts from what i can tell have all fallen out, and my native hair is starting to grow in nicely. It's going to be a tough couple months waiting for my new ones to come in!

toj,

I'm glad to hear of your excellent recovery. Remember, between now and your final result you will experience ups and downs emotionally.

Downers: When will this stuff kick in and grow already?

Ups: A HAIR!

Downers: What's with the pimples?

Ups: Oh, MORE HAIR!

Downers: Is this it?

UPs: NOPE!

Downers: Nice covering but the density is uneven.

Ups: MORE DENSITY!

Downers: What? No more thickening?

Ups: MORE THICKENING!

It'll go on like this up to about the eight to ten month mark. Be patient though, I think you're in for a fun ride. I miss iticon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been about two months since my last update...LOTS is starting to happen. I am now at the 3.5 month mark and definitely starting to develop a hairline and hopefully this is just the start. The scar is pretty much dissapearing as my hair gets longer, the redness is still there but gradually fading.

Nice to be out of the doldrums and seeing some results though!

There is no doubt that you will look great. The procedure is very refined and that is certainly a lot of grafts.

Looking back at all of the postings, I am changing my tune somewhat and agree with Bspot that this was a little bit of an overkill and blatant disregard for native hair.

Dr. Wong produces great results and you will definitely look great, but could have been done for many less Fu. Ofcourse just my opinion.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

With less grafts the result may look similar from a distance but this is the difference between the illusion of density vs. the real thing. Toj's own hair will act with the new grafts for true density and as Dr. Wong told him, if he ever loses what he has he'll still have coverage.

I'm not sure why there is so much concern for his native hair. Maybe this is so because the majority of docs don't ask the patient to allow shaving and this issue is more of a concern in non shave cases.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

My thought is that a ball that clears the fence by one inch is still a home run.

"Im not sure why there is so much concern for his native hair." icon_eek.gif Is Dr. Wong disregarding. That statement is totally irresponsible. Does he have a crystal ball that tells him that this man will lose all and be a NW5-6? Yah, don't worry about maintaining native hair, don't take propecia, don't take Rogaine, just get as many FU as possible and then you don't need to worry about maintaining.

As knowledgeable as you are Joe, surely you understand that a good deal of native hair could get shocked permanently that was needless. Moreover, if he maintains all of his hair, he did not need this many grafts. Please answer this question--Is is possible that the patient would be ecstatic with 3500fu?

No foul on my behalf here Joe. The results will be phenominal. We both know that, but they could likely have been with 3500(or less) also and saved the patient a lot of money and limited chances of permanent shockloss.

I would like to see just once an admission that maybe the plan was not the best.

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

I would like to see just once an admission that maybe the plan was not the best.

NN

WTF!?!? Plan not the best? Who are you to decide that? HOW can you decide that? Those are decisions that the patient and doctor made. And at 3.5 months how can you even judge?

His initial coverage looks __thin__. That hair is probably going away anyway. As Joe said, Dr. Wong planted around it. Hopefully it will stay, but what if it does not?

I think it would be less responsible to plant less hairs hoping that the native hair will "hold up". Then he'll be back in the chair in another 2 years.

I'll almost bet he's back in the chair anyways. I have seen few people not go back for more density or refinement. Why take the risks?

But you're entitled to your opinion. I respect what you have to say.

Take care,

NN

NN

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update at a little over 4 months now. I am quite pleased with the results, particularly if this is just the beginning.

I've added a few more before pictures to show you that Dr. Wong raised the hairline considerably, and was in fact planning for future loss.

At four months I have not experienced any shockloss other than hair around the scar for the first couple weeks after surgery.

I think the results are looking great so far and have had a number of people tell me how much they like my "haircut." They can tell something is different but the change was so gradual they can't quite put there finger on what it is.