ReadyForChange's HT: Dr. Rahal, 4069 Grafts FUT, December 11 2008

I'm feeling ok so far; no physical discomfort. I'm bummed about the shock loss and can't wait to hit the 5 month mark.

On the Rogaine, I just think it was too soon and too close to the scabs falling off. I'm applying it twice a day since the three week mark and it's been fine.

Dr. Rahal - 4069 Grafts - December 11, 2008

1's - 720, 2's - 2197, 3's - 1152 = Total Hair - 8570

Proscar 1 mg - Rogaine 5% - Nizoral 1% (3 times a week)

My Hair Loss WebLog

Originally posted by ReadyForChange:

I'm feeling ok so far; no physical discomfort. I'm bummed about the shock loss and can't wait to hit the 5 month mark.

I understand. Those first 1-3 months are not a lot of fun but they fly by fast. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys:

It's been a while since I've posted or updated my weblog so I thought I would do both today. I've been lurking silently in the shadows and regularly viewing the posts and results. I've seen some spectacular results in the past couple of months and am thrilled for the posters/bloggers seeing them. Congratulations guys!!!

I'm at the four month mark; the worst is over. I think I can safely say that I'm out of the doldrums and have entered my growth phase. It's a slow process, but patience is a new virtue in my arsenal (sometimes). I'm looking forward to the coming months and hope to see some of the bare patches fill in (which is a current concern). Also, has anyone experienced thinning at the crown after an HT?

Your feedback on the two and four month pictures is always appreciated. Let me know if you see any areas of concern (with my OCD, it's easy to set me off)

My Hair Loss WebLog

Looking good Ready. I cannot believe you are already at four months. You have had some really good growth thus far (an early grower!!) which is nice and got you out of the fun doldrum stage!

You have good coverage now and it will only get better and your scar is super tough to find. Just begin letting your hair grow out at this stage and you will be surprised at your transformation. It is fun to look in the rear view mirror when driving and see your head...

Fun times for you!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

ReadyForChange, it looks like you're going to have superb results, going by your four month photos!

Nice, consistent results like yours give me great reassurance that I've chosen the right HT doctor (Rahal) for my upcoming stint in the chair! I hope you'll keep posting updates, I'm interested to see how your progress continues in the months to come. Enjoy and cherish your newfound growth! icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

'The grafts won't ALL come in/grow at the same time, but they will ALL come in'--I'm sure this sounds like little more than a vacuous platitude right now, but hopefully it's encouraging in that the patch in question isn't an anomaly & your still relatively early out. You still have 7 months of growth/maturation to come. Your hairline is extremely bold & looks killer. I suspect w/THAT many grafts dense packed in your frontal third, you won't be left w/some gimp illusion, but actual density & the ability to style however you desire. Best of all you've chosen a world class surgeon w/a consistent track record of providing world class results. Not to mention you've permanently rid yourself of the 'pluggy' look, & in it's place have a completely natural looking hair line. Rest assured, I'm sure your result will leave you very happy when all is said & done. I look forward to following your progress.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Looks good to me mate, I'm approaching 5 months and have an area on my right side that looks a tad barren, par for the course, it'll fill in fine, enjoy the shape of that hairline you have going for you there and don't focus on the negative, before you know it that area behind the hairline will fill in.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

• 2 weeks later...

Mick, Ron and Petchski: Thanks for the positive comments guys ??“ I'm keeping my fingers crossed though not much has changed since my last post.

I've updated my blog with 6 month pictures. I'm going to grow my hair out to see if it helps with density. As always, your thoughts and comments are always appreciated.

My Hair Loss WebLog