Hi all, I'm supposed to attend a wedding about 30 days after my operation. I've sifted through quite a few of the weblogs and photos and I'm concerned about what I might look like in the pictures etc. Now I know not to expect to have my new hair grown in by the end of one month post-op, but I'm more concerned as to scarring etc, especially if my hair is trimmed up to look presentable. Should I maybe hold off on the surgery until after the wedding? or could I expect the scarring/redness around my hairline to have subsided by then?

Hi all, I'm supposed to attend a wedding about 30 days after my operation. I've sifted through quite a few of the weblogs and photos and I'm concerned about what I might look like in the pictures etc. Now I know not to expect to have my new hair grown in by the end of one month post-op, but I'm more concerned as to scarring etc, especially if my hair is trimmed up to look presentable. Should I maybe hold off on the surgery until after the wedding? or could I expect the scarring/redness around my hairline to have subsided by then?

i'd agree...wait until after the wedding if you can. Stuff comes up and you may need to improvise at some point. If you can't postpone, just have some toppik and dermmatch on hand..that stuff works reasonably well with some practice.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

Im thinking I'm gonna go ahead with it anyways, and if I can't handle how I look I'll just bail on the wedding and see my buddy at thanksgiving or whatever. Thanks for the input, where do you suggest I go for the toppik or dermmatch?

tommo,

A lot of it depends on how much native hair you have; if you are a NW 4 for example and having a smaller session, than hiding it with your existing hair may not be a problem; however, if you have extensive hair loss, and getting a large session, it may be more difficult to hide; mainly make sure your donor area hair is left longer to hide the scar; the scar is probably the hardest part to explain to people; the redness in the recipent area you can blame on sunburn, etc...

If wedding is 3months or longer from surgery, fine. If not, wait on surgery to be on safe side. If not, get some Toppiks and Dermatch.

SMOOTHY

Shapiro

Propecia/Rogain xtra

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

ZRII daily

Originally posted by Tommo0809:

Im thinking I'm gonna go ahead with it anyways, and if I can't handle how I look I'll just bail on the wedding and see my buddy at thanksgiving or whatever. Thanks for the input, where do you suggest I go for the toppik or dermmatch?

Dermmatch works wonders and might cover you up but it depends on whether or not you will have native hair surrounding transplanted hair.

If you do and you use Dermmatch you might be able to be undetected but it depends on session size, how much hair you have, etc....

Thanks for the info all. I'm a NW 3 (or 4 maybe) and I'm getting about 1200 on the frontal 1/3 and towards the top, but they're going to be set back a bit from my hairline (just thought I would provide the info, don't know if changes anyones advice)