6 day after transplant... STRESSED OUT! HELP!

Hey bros I'm 6 days out from a 2400 graft transplant and feeling stress out. I dont feel I got what I paid for. My focus was to create a new FULL hairline but after I shampoo and washed off scabs today I got my first look at the number of hairs and hairline coverage. I would like some feedback if I am stress out for no reason and the job looks right or do I need to call the doctor??? Please I need feedback from bros who know. THANK YOU!

front_hair_081907.jpg.9bcb07138ade093ddad6fc24b47601ae.jpg

Hey bros I'm 6 days out from a 2400 graft transplant and feeling stress out. I dont feel I got what I paid for. My focus was to create a new FULL hairline but after I shampoo and washed off scabs today I got my first look at the number of hairs and hairline coverage. I would like some feedback if I am stress out for no reason and the job looks right or do I need to call the doctor??? Please I need feedback from bros who know. THANK YOU!

that looks about right, not sure why you feel as if you didn't get what you paid for? Did you feel as if the placements aren't dense enough? In my opinion, if the hair line is packed too dense, it might have a artificial look to it, especially if you're thinning in other areas. Which doctor did you go with, seeing that you're from AZ, did you go with Dr. Keene? If so, that was the doctor of my choice as well, and she does great work. I'm sure others will tell you to not to judge the quality of work until at least 6-8 months later. It's just way too early to tell how the results will look. Hang in there man...best of luck.

Thanks bro... Here is another pic. Dont know if you are looking at my old hair or transplant hair. This pic is a little bigger. I wanted a nice hairline, does it look like its going to happen with this job? Oh yea I used bosley. They treated me great but I'm wondering if my job is great? Please reply.

new_front_hair_081907.jpg.d3f86e71e9a1d22ef6d292578edf1d22.jpg

I dont want to be the 1st to mention this but, you should use the find/search feature of this board and do some reading about the opinions of Bosley/MHR.

I'm sorry you did not discover this board BEFORE your procedure.

I wish you the best.

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

At 6 days some of the graft will have shed so it's difficult to tell the transplanted density from your pics. Well, to double check if you indeed got 2400 grafts, call the clinic again and ask for the length and width of your donor strip as well as your donor density.

At the very least you can verify the horizontal length of the strip by asking a friend to measure your donor scar. Assume strip width to be about 1cm and PM Gorpy to have him eye ball your native hair density or just assume 75 grafts/cm2. That should give you a rough ball park # for now until the clinic gets back to you with the specifics.

You will probably get a lot of out cry from some people here due to the fact that you went to Bosley, but don't sweat it too much. I think the work looks ok. Try not to stress out bro.

The work look pretty good

Is that the only area which was treated?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yea... I though Bosley was the way to. I keep hearing all these bad stories now I'm wondering if I screwed up??? I got a very good deal(4.40 per graft) The top of my head feels like a scrub brush with all the little hairs but I am just dont feel that the front was done thick enough. I know if I call the doctor he will tell me its OK and just wait 9 months. I know if I ask you guys that had it done you could give feedback and compare to your experience.

Thank again!

Originally posted by Mrjb:

The work look pretty good

Is that the only area which was treated?

Thanks bro!

I got 2400 Front, top, crown.

I thought that when I was done I would see more of a "hairline" in the front??? My focus is that 3/4 inch in the front look too light to me? Am I wrong ? Does this area look fine?

Thanks bros!

BigGguyPhx, Judging by your name I don't want to say anything to piss you off since i live in Phx too! icon_smile.gif It does look like the front hairline isn't very dense which is where you usually want the heaviest concentration of grafts.

However, the picture is so close it is hard to tell. Good photography!

But don't stress over it at this point, do you have a pic taken from farther distance or immediate post op from the clinic?

4.40 a ()plug-unit-family with a dominant tendancy )damn you did get a good deal. If only everyone were so shcrewed and thrifty.

You had it done front , sides ,back and crown ? The double diamond V>I>P> deluxe..... Yea right, you got SOLD, sorry Mrb but this sucks. No everyone will have the lucious locks that you have after only a few minor surgeries nor appreciate having anything where nothing was.Just trying to bring reality to the door of subjectivity. OOOH Rah.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Originally posted by folica:

BigGguyPhx, Judging by your name I don't want to say anything to piss you off since i live in Phx too! icon_smile.gif It does look like the front hairline isn't very dense which is where you usually want the heaviest concentration of grafts.

Here is the post op pic you requested day after HT was done. What do you think?

Thanks bro.

However, the picture is so close it is hard to tell. Good photography!

But don't stress over it at this point, do you have a pic taken from farther distance or immediate post op from the clinic?

Originally posted by Aquarius:

4.40 a ()plug-unit-family with a dominant tendancy )damn you did get a good deal. If only everyone were so shcrewed and thrifty.

You had it done front , sides ,back and crown ? The double diamond V>I>P> deluxe..... Yea right, you got SOLD, sorry Mrb but this sucks. No everyone will have the lucious locks that you have after only a few minor surgeries nor appreciate having anything where nothing was.Just trying to bring reality to the door of subjectivity. OOOH Rah.

Thanks for the great feedback! I'm stressed out and just wanted some smart feedback to know what to do. Thanks.

BigGuy,

That is a much better photo for us to judge. Firstly, don't stress about things. The surgery is done and over with and there is nothing that you can do right now.

The work to me doesn't look like the best that I have witnessed but I have seen much worse also. It certainly won't be a dense hairline but will give you a cosmetic improvement.

You have to chill for your own sanity. Even if the work is not up to standards that we expect on this site, you are not going to look strange either. You still have a lot of native hair and the new will blend in with it.

Just wait it out and see what you get. You'll find out soon enough if you are content or not.

Take care.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

the second picture shows the density much better, and you're right, there appears to be a lot of spacing between the grafts. now that you've done the research, you should know by now that $4.40 per graft is not that great of a deal, some of the top surgeons recommended on this site don't even charge that much, but hey look on the bright side, if you ever want to get some fill-in work by the top docs here, it'll be cheaper than Bosely. Regardless, I think the results will still look better than how you looked originally because you lowered your existing hairline and everything back looks fairly thick, so the results may look pretty natural, but it's definitly not dense.

Dear BigGuyPHX,

Cheer up, Brother. I got my HT from Bosley as well (in San Francisco.) It was September 2006. So far, great improvement.

I came first time HERE after the surgery and was pretty scared reading all these negative stuff about Bosley. I'm still not sure I did the right thing and for the 2nd surgery will, probably, go to some other place.

By the way, my scar area was hurting for almost 3 (!!!) months, be prepared for the worst, OK? And, of course I hate to see this scar (looks really ugly if I cut my hair short) but can do nothing about it.

Take care and keep us posted.

Alec.

Thanks guys.

I wish would have found this site first. Something told me Bosley was not the best way to go the day of the HT. Well I may not of got the hairline I wanted but I feel the rest of my head got good coverage. 2nd HT for the front will be my goal from a different doctoricon_smile.gif I dont get upset easy but this has got my guts twisted. From what I understand the HT looks good not great like I wanted. You guy made me feel a little better ad now I just concerened about the scar. It feels big and is pulling.

Thanks Bros

Now aquarius that isn't too nice.. I don't think it sucks but your manners sure do ( that is reality). I guess you are still stuck in the 70's where there is no political correctness. Why don't you show a bit more empathy towards people who admit they are stressed out.

look at the title of his post in CAPs

That is the purpose of this website rather than your failed stand up career ( ooh rah to you woodstock)

It does look like he did receive FU's and if it is 2400, that's not bad at all..In addition, the hairline is staggered which is quite nice. I would reserve final judgement as again, it looks clean and like you received some decent work.

Guys, I did not get super density in my first HT either, and mine turned out exceptional.. Of course, we have seen better but let's try to offer PHX some support as he is stressed..

It could be FAR worse. Phx, relax and wait and see. for now you will have some hair growing and you might seek a coalition doctor for future work.

Don't stress.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Alec1974:

I came first time HERE after the surgery and was pretty scared reading all these negative stuff about Bosley. I'm still not sure I did the right thing and for the 2nd surgery will, probably, go to some other place.

By the way, my scar area was hurting for almost 3 (!!!) months, be prepared for the worst, OK? And, of course I hate to see this scar (looks really ugly if I cut my hair short) but can do nothing about it.

Alec - the fact that your scar hurt for three months will tell you to go to a more experienced surgeon next time. A few weeks of discomfort should be tops in the donor area.

BigGuyPHX - good luck and wait it out as Nervous Nelly suggested, gather more info in the meantime about your next surgery if needed.

Not to scare you, but the direction of some of the grafts look awkward, not sure I could be wrong.

A top doc will pay very close attention to detail of the direction of the recipient incisions.

NoBuzz

Well you seem to have continued your cheerleading career on it so take my wife.. please...

You are right though the sensitivity level did suck and I was going to change it but I had been quoted so it was too late.

What support are you offing him mrjb ? Does it look good or have you seen far worse?

The worse thing is being told it's fine while having the clock run out.

How many people have you corresponded with offline with your infinate wisdom based on your individual experience and " objective" obsevations ?

I didn't say his H/T sucks . It sucks that a guy went in with great expectations and is now stressing and noone validating his concerns.

In any case.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Big Guy,

The immediate recovery period (first few weeks) following a HT proceedure is grueling physically and emotionally. Having been through it as many times as I have I have been where you are now and don't envy you, although I may be facing one more round in my future. Trust me though that it will get a little easier each day and before long you'll start seeing the first signs of growth.

It's much too early to speculate on final outcomes at this point regardless of who did the work. Care to tell us which Bosley office and Dr. you went to?

Phil

Originally posted by Mrjb:

Now aquarius that isn't too nice.. I don't think it sucks but your manners sure do ( that is reality). I guess you are still stuck in the 70's where there is no political correctness. Why don't you show a bit more empathy towards people who admit they are stressed out.

look at the title of his post in CAPs

That is the purpose of this website rather than your failed stand up career ( ooh rah to you woodstock)

It does look like he did receive FU's and if it is 2400, that's not bad at all..In addition, the hairline is staggered which is quite nice. I would reserve final judgement as again, it looks clean and like you received some decent work.

Guys, I did not get super density in my first HT either, and mine turned out exceptional.. Of course, we have seen better but let's try to offer PHX some support as he is stressed..

It could be FAR worse. Phx, relax and wait and see. for now you will have some hair growing and you might seek a coalition doctor for future work.

Don't stress.

Thanks Mrjb!

I will take your advice and calm down, as for Aquarius NOT COOL... he will lose 375 hairs due to BAD KARMA so the Universe will get the last ooh rah!

Thanks again

BigGuyPHX,

Welcome to our community. I want you to know that I also received your PM today and plan on replying to it more directly later tonight.

I agree with most of the posters...at this point, don't panic.

From what I am seeing, the post op results don't look bad, though it does appear that the grafts are spaced a bit apart which means you may need a second HT to add density. I also have some concerns in that from the pictures, it doesn't appear like you received 2400 grafts. Of course, with your existing hair, it's difficult to say.

But don't panic...what's done is done. You may end up turning out with a decent result.

Bosley, unfortunately, has a reputation for over-promising and under-delivery. Moving forward, I encourage you to do a lot of research prior to consideration of a 2nd HT to ensure you are going to an elite physician.

I recommend our coalition doctors who must continually meet our high level of standards in order to be and stay recommended on this site.

Stay strong.

Bill

Cheerleader it may be. If you call having a proactive supportive approach cheerleading. so be it

My support is looking at the positive side as we do not know how the outcome will be. Again focus on the positive mentioned in my first post

- Looks like he got FU's

- Staggered hairline which is important

- the lack of density is not an automatic negative. Some people take a conservative approach

- The work looks clean

- Chances are, it will add density which can be complimented by a coalition surgeon.

- Why stressed him out more than needed if we do not know the outcome.

- Just because it is Bosley does not mean it is an automatic failure ( of course we have seen our share of poor work by some of their docs)

I never stated I have infinite wisdom but I certainly have been through a lot with 3 Ht's and 15 years of hairloss trying a ton of false treatments.

I treat people like human beings and attempt to have them avoid the pitfalls which I experienced.

Just think a bit how you felt when you first lost you hair or how PHX must feel.. "suck" is not the word I would offer to a Stressed out person.

Maybe you should "cheer" a bit more.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!