Dr. Reed - La Jolla

The996

I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and constantly see remarks about other docs like Shapiro, Wong, Hasson, and others. Not too often do I hear much about Dr. Reed, but we should.

I am one day out of my HT with Dr. Reed and although I haven't fast forwarded 10 months, the level of care, thoughtfulness, and generosity were amazing.

We did a little over 2500 grafts and for a majority of the procedure, I didn't feel a thing and was fully asleep. Even today, I'm not in any discomfort and the donor area seems relaxed, not overtight like it was with my first HT with MHR. Because I developed a bit of a hypertrophic scar with the poor work at MHR, Dr. Reed was a little worried about my ability to have enough donor area for another HT to increase density in my crown. But since my donor area is relaxed right now, he thinks we may have a good shot of another procedure if needed.

I'm eager to post results as they occur, but with the amount of detail shown by Dr. Reed, Judy, and the rest of the tech staff, I'm thrilled and would recommend everyone in the So. Cal and west coast to give Dr. Reed a visit.

A wonderful man and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks guys for all the advice and I look forward to posting results soon.

I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and constantly see remarks about other docs like Shapiro, Wong, Hasson, and others. Not too often do I hear much about Dr. Reed, but we should.

I am one day out of my HT with Dr. Reed and although I haven't fast forwarded 10 months, the level of care, thoughtfulness, and generosity were amazing.

We did a little over 2500 grafts and for a majority of the procedure, I didn't feel a thing and was fully asleep. Even today, I'm not in any discomfort and the donor area seems relaxed, not overtight like it was with my first HT with MHR. Because I developed a bit of a hypertrophic scar with the poor work at MHR, Dr. Reed was a little worried about my ability to have enough donor area for another HT to increase density in my crown. But since my donor area is relaxed right now, he thinks we may have a good shot of another procedure if needed.

I'm eager to post results as they occur, but with the amount of detail shown by Dr. Reed, Judy, and the rest of the tech staff, I'm thrilled and would recommend everyone in the So. Cal and west coast to give Dr. Reed a visit.

A wonderful man and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks guys for all the advice and I look forward to posting results soon.

Congrats on your recent surgery the996!

I know Dr. Reed pretty well and I also think he's a very nice, caring physician. Sounds like he and his staff took great care of you. Looking forward to following your progress.

Hey Janna - I am bad with names but now I know who you are. Top shelf and thank you for what you did for me. You were about to be relieved my eyes got wide and you said "NO". So many words so little time.

Just thanks.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

I sent you a pm Aquarius because I'm not catching on to your recollection. I'll just say "you're welcome" if you don't want to elaborate. icon_smile.gif

Don't worry Janna, none of us understand Aquarius. icon_biggrin.gif But many of us still love him.

By the way Janna--Who's the hotty in the avatar? icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey NN,

I'm not sure who Aquarius has for his avatar-some man on fire! He does look HOT!!!

I figured you wolf-hounds wouldn't be able to resist commenting on Janna's new avatar icon_biggrin.gif

She is one of a kind!!!!

Anyway, Dr. Reed is a solid doc who I believe can do fine work.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Sorry to join the discussion late but I just updated my weblog with photos which are 30 weeks ( 7 and 1/2 months for the non-mathematicians) post-surgery with Dr. Reed. I'm very happy with the results! I am contemplating a 2nd procedure to get some added thickness and would love comments on what experiences people have had with a round 2. Thanks!