Nervous!!! Hair Transplant with Dr. Katona from MHR

Im really starting to 2nd guess myself. I thought I researched my HT to the gills, but didnt find this forum till 1 day after I had the procedure. After reading all the MHR horror stories, Im worried sick that I wrecked my hair. Does anyone know anything positive about Dr. Katona in IL? I had 2000 grafts put mainly in the crown area and Im not sure what to expect.

hounddog,

The first important thing is not to panic. Each surgeon and clinic should be evaluated individually and not simply for an overall title of "MHR".

I am not familiar with Dr. Katona in IL, but the best thing you can do now is wait it out and see how things grow in.

Perhaps we can encourage and offer support to you on your journey if you share your experience and pictures with us?

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your positive words. Ive had two sleepless nights, and its not because of the pain, its mainly worries. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to do it.

Hi Hounddog,

I definitely don't think you should spend the next 6-8 months worrying about your procedure with MHR. You can't go backward and stressing won't do anything but make things worse.

While I don't believe that MHR docs will typically achieve the absolute best results possible at the ratio the top docs here do I'm sure there is some good work that comes out of MHR. You're also fortunate that it's 2008 and I can guarantee their techniques are greatly improved from years ago. Also take comfort that most of your grafts are in the crown where work that may not be the best in the world will not be as noticible as if you were recreating you're entire hairline.

I had mini/micro grafts with Bosly about 11 years ago and while the work wasn't anywhere near the quality of work the top docs are achieving today it also wasn't something where people noticed. Having a decent amount of existing hair no doubt helped. I've since recieved a new HT with Dr. Alexander on 12/5/07 and any of the previous work is now blending in with the new work and is looking to be world class top noch work. You can also lookup Spex on here who had previous work with Bosley and had some repair work with Dr. Feller and his results are nothing short of amazing.

So bottom line is. You're gonna be OK! If these results don't turn out to be the best possible then you can always go in for a touch up.

Best of luck to you!

I'll say that MHR is not the best choice, however I have a friend who had a procedure done w/ them back in 2003 and it looks great. It's all about the individual doctor and not who they work for. keep your head up. In 6 months you may look back on this and wonder why you worried so much

• 1 year later...

Houndog, I have had two procedures done from Dr. Katona, and two from his predecessor, who's name I cant remember. He does not perform that realy fine squiggly hair line that all the good guys are doing, but he's OK. I just had my 2nd procedue with Katona 3 weeks ago with a scar removal surgery also, so I will see how it turns out when the scar heals. After just discovering this site also, I will be visiting Dr. Konior in November to see if I can get that fine squiggly line hair line that peole seem to get. See attached photos. Let me know what you think.

lop_002.thumb.jpg.4f06b5fcf7f21806b779ee3fb0b09eee.jpg

hounddog, just chill man. Worrying is not going to solve anything and if at all can only prove counterproductive. I haven't seen anything negative on this doc so far. Visualize yourself with a full head of hair and things will turn out that way icon_smile.gif Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I’m considering getting the FUT transplant and want to get as much information as I can on different doctors.

Has anyone had a recent experience with Dr Katona? I know he now works in the UK with Ziering medical, but I can’t find much information on his work!

Hounddog, how did your transplant turn out?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith, don't screw around with Dr. Katona, he worked at MHR and they went bankrupt, he fled to Florida where they have laws that better protect doctors from law suits.

go to the best, Shapiro Medical, Hasson Wong, etc...

I have gone through a lot of repair work and it finally looks good, I could have avoided this if I went with someone good the first time.

Thanks for your reply.

I taught he might have changed his ways, now that he is the main surgeon at Ziering medical UK. The clinic has had a lot of good press recently because of a HT done on a celebrity. However, this was preformed by Dr Ziering and not DR Katona. I will take your advice and stay well clear of him.

I live in Ireland and would prefer to get it done here, but there are only two Doctors to choose from. One of them has had noting but bad reviews and the other is living in La La land with his prices.

It looks like I will have to travel to the US or Belgium.

Thanks again,

Keith

• 2 years later...
Keith, don't screw around with Dr. Katona, he worked at MHR and they went bankrupt, he fled to Florida where they have laws that better protect doctors from law suits.

go to the best, Shapiro Medical, Hasson Wong, etc...

I have gone through a lot of repair work and it finally looks good, I could have avoided this if I went with someone good the first time.

That's a bit harsh don't you think he was great for me he may not be the best but his well worth considering??