Dr Rahal, Strip on 22 Jan 08 - 2803 grafts into the Crown. My HT experience.

El Nino

Congrates. results look very good.

#1 HT by Dr. Rahal on 08-21-08

Strip 26.6 cm

Total 4308 grafts

-1116 single grafts

-2287 double grafts

-898 triple grafts

-7 quad grafts

Total Hairs: 8412

Medications:

Minoxidil 5%

Finasteride 1 mg daily

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

I wonder if there is anything Dr. Rahal does differently that causes early hair growth of the transplanted hair.

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure if Dr. Rahal does anything differently, but he does include Rogaine in his Post Op instructions. This could explain the early growth.

KC

Very nice; this is what we want to see from around 3000 grafts to the crown. It seems like the results rarely live up to the expectations in these kinds of cases, but looks like they will this time. And you've got a few more months to go!

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys,

Just added some 12.5 month pics in my blog. It has taken ages to mature and I don't think it's finished yet! I'm still noticing some thickening now.

I am thrilled with the result. It looks totally natural and blends in brilliantly with my native hair. Even I can't tell where the transplanted hair starts when running a comb from the front to back.

Dr. Rahal really is a talented surgeon and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

KC

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys & Gals,

I've changed my name to El Nino.

I'm nearly 16 months post op and I think I'm nearly done so I thought I'd update with some styled pics.

I would like to thank everyone again for sharing their knowledge and stories. Especially the veteran members (Bill, Spex, etc) who have helped me to educate myself about HTs.

I have to say it has been a long journey and the waiting for growth and then maturing has been harder than I thought. I know it's a cliche but PATIENTS really is the key word.

No-one has asked me if I've had anything done but I think people who've known me a long time suspect something. Even though the crown isn't seen as much as the hairline.

The best thing is that people who I've just met are guessing my age upto 10 years younger than I am. :-)

These pics are in natural light with no flash and there is gel in my hair.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_05551.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg