Megasession question Hasson and Wong

So after a lot of research I've decided to go with a mega session and try and get as many grafts as possible with one session.

I was recently looking at the H&W website and saw a patient that received 5825 grafts in one session. The patient was a norwood 6 and now has full coverage after one session. Most Docs I have spoken to say that front and crown should be done in two seperate procedures. The question I have is can a hair transplant be done for front and back in one go? If this is possible I think its the better option rather than having two seperate ones and having to wait. Also what determines whether or not this can be done? It would be nice to get it all done in one session then possibly having a second procedure for a bit more density or temple work.

The link to the patient is below. Thanks

http://www.hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_view...ansplant_type=normal

So after a lot of research I've decided to go with a mega session and try and get as many grafts as possible with one session.

I was recently looking at the H&W website and saw a patient that received 5825 grafts in one session. The patient was a norwood 6 and now has full coverage after one session. Most Docs I have spoken to say that front and crown should be done in two seperate procedures. The question I have is can a hair transplant be done for front and back in one go? If this is possible I think its the better option rather than having two seperate ones and having to wait. Also what determines whether or not this can be done? It would be nice to get it all done in one session then possibly having a second procedure for a bit more density or temple work.

The link to the patient is below. Thanks

http://www.hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/photo_view...ansplant_type=normal

It absolutely can be done.

The largest sessions I have heard of, btw, have been 6k and even 7k+ (look up LondonLad, I believe he fell in this range).

Your scalp's laxity, your donor area's density, and the willingness/ability in a doctor's strip excision and closure are the factors that come to mind in your "what determines whether or not this can be done". Make no mistake, either way, that 6k and 7k sessions are extremely rare -- but entirely possible and potent when they have been done from all I've seen, and the stars are alligned (right laxity, right density, right doc).

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Most people can only safely get 4000-4500 grafts in one session. If you have a fully bald head, it is best to concentrate the grafts in the front and midscalp rather than putting them in crown.

I have seen some docs make poor decisions and spread smaller numbers of grafts (2.5-3K) ove the entire scalp and it does not make much of a cosmetic difference; you want to avoid doing this.

If the doc can get 5-6-7K, then you may be able to cover the entire scalp depending on how bald you are.

no other clinic has consistently transplanted as many grafts as H&W in a single session...hands down, period.

people used to claim that H&W were jeopordizing the grafts and over all result by such large single, stand alone sessions, but time has proven the nay sayers wrong...

I am zee capt'N!!!

From what I've seen most Norwood 6 patients can get a full look with around 6k grafts. I would just prefer to get this done in one procedure. If someone has been told that they can get 4k grafts in one procedure can they increase that to 6k if they do scalp exercises? Jotronic?

I am sorry but without any disrespect to Dr. Bernstien but his comments may make sense pratically but in reality he is wrong.

Everything he is saying going against everything that I have seen first hand on many occasions.

"For example, I would prefer to have full growth with a properly placed 2,500 ??“ 3,000 graft hair transplant session than partial growth in a 5,000 graft session. Of course, the 5,000 graft session will look fuller than 2,500 grafts but, in my experience, never twice as full, and never as full as two 2,500 graft sessions."

Here is one example why he is wrong in my opinion.

http://www.hassonandwong.com/patient_gallery/hair-trans...y-general.php?page=1

Look at patient seven.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/patient-photos/hairlines/2012.php

Patient with the same sort of hairloss

Now if you look at the patient from Dr. Hasson he recieved one session of 4200 grafts. The second patient recieved two session of 4550. I tryed to find two patients that have the same sort of hairloss. Now does it appear to you that the patient with with two session and 350 more grafts look fuller?

Anyways once again no disrespect to Dr. Bernstien but I feel many doctor who can't or choose not to do megasessions should just say so rather than writing many negative reasons why don't agree with it. There is a doctor in Italy that met one of the patients that had mega session of 5500 with H&W instead of going to him because he would not be able to do more than 3000 this is what he said to the patient.

I am not able to do more than 2500-3000 grafts I know it is possible but I can not do it.

Now rather than write a book on why he did not do it he was honest.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

My simple response is this. Ask the multiple dozens of patients that have posted their own experiences and results that have had these megasessions that are supposedly too big and have low yield, etc. etc.

The problem with theory and third person opinion is that it is easily challenged by those that have experience through practice. If this was an academic debate then their could be arguments for both opposing views but as I always say, the truth is in the results, and when it comes to doubts about big sessions there is no better way to put it. We do big sessions almost every day and have yet to run into the limitations mentioned by Dr. Bernstein.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotronic mades alot of good points.

We do big sessions almost every day

Exept Saturday and Sunday right.... icon_wink.gif

it. We do big sessions almost every day and have yet to run into the limitations mentioned by Dr. Bernstein

From my experience both Dr. Hasson and Dr. Wong are always looking at the future of the patients concerning hairloss. They don't put patients at risk of limitations, from what I have seen. In fact they seem to be more concerned about future hairloss and limitations then the patients are.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson