Massaging Scalp after Surgery

Massaged? I am not sure fo the exact answer for this, but I would caution strongly against it if you are recently post-op....even if you are several weeks out, I wouldn't allow my scalp (recipient or donor) to get massaged....you want to put your scalp in the best possible position to heal and repair itself.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

agentHarley,

Are you talking about getting a scalp massage by a professional or performing scalp massages for a second surgery?

It is recommended to wait 6 months after surgery before doing any scalp massages to increase elasticity for a second surgery. Therefore, I'd apply this same principle when seeing a professional.

Best wishes,

Bill

Agent,

I was just referring to a period right after your op, and nothing in particular -- you don't want to risk irritating the area, and hampering your scalps return to "normalcy".

Bill makes a good point about waiting 6 months.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

thanks Bill + thanatopsis: i was referring to self-administered massage of the scalp area prior to the procedure for scalp laxity and all that; BUT also, wanted to know for after the surgery in terms of how much time ought to pass before having anyone touch that part of my body with any measurable pressure.

I got both answers, so thank you.

The only thing I think about is how long will I have to watch my neck position so I don't look down. Is it that extreme? Like, am I not supposed to look at my feet for a couple of weeks?

Q: how did all who have had a trichophytic suture deal with bending their heads down and the concerns about stretching? How much time passed for ya'll before there was no risks?

Thanks

You can still look down but it is recommended that you do it slowly and not too often. I would have to say that things would be a little tight and limiting for about 6 weeks. I would recommend that you still cool it for about 3 months.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Interesting points, especially about looking down. I'm back in school and expecting to get my HT done at the end of March. Since, I kinda/sorta have to do some studying/reading, is this going to be a problem?