OUCH!! INGROWN HAIRS

Hairseeker,

It's normal. I started developing them at 5 weeks. I'm now 2 1/2 months and they have subsided, but every so often, I get surprised. If mine don't go away within a day or so, and they really get inflammed, I pop them like I was popping a zit. This was on the advise from the doctor. I was told that I was better off to do that than to let them fester. After they are drained, I clean them and apply anti- bacterial ointment. By the next day, they are pretty much gone.

Jim

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

Retin-A on a recently transplanted Head? Seems like a pretty strong skin penetrating drug for such a delicate area. I don't think it's worth using Retin-A for just a few ingrown hairs. When I had my transplant, I had 1 ingrown hair. I went back to my doctor. He popped it like a zip, then clean it out real well. Put some ointment on it, and sent me on my way. I'm fine now, and that was 4 years ago. I would say the way Jim explained it is on the money, but just to be sure ask your Dr.

Mr. Hair

I have been popping them to the disgust of my wife!

She thinks its gross!

I have about4-5 on each side of my head.

I never got these in my other two surgeries and its why I am concerned!

See ya!

Ingrown hairs are pretty normal. I started developing some last week. I'm almost 7 weeks post-op.

I tried not to mess with them and let them "take their course". But they itch at first and so forth. One got infected so I had to "pop it". Yeah, really fun stuff.

My hair is already growing in. Some peach fuzz and some "normal hair". My density is very low right now, as you might expect.

My dermatologist said Bactroban was good to apply on ingrown hairs. I asked him about it after uncjim posted about using Bactroban for ingrown hairs. I haven't used it yet, but I will begin in the near future and will report on results.

Some ingrown hairs take longer to resolve than others. I'd say don't worry about some little lumps so long as it doesn't itch or bother you.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.