using pubic hair for transplant .....

has anyone heard of this?..

i am wanting hair transplant to a couple of small scars in my hair?....

but dont really want to create more by using the hair on my head as the doner site?... my hair is already quite thin?..

is it possibe to use pubic hair to cover the scaring?...

has anyone known or used this method?....

greatful for any replys

patchy x

has anyone heard of this?..

i am wanting hair transplant to a couple of small scars in my hair?....

but dont really want to create more by using the hair on my head as the doner site?... my hair is already quite thin?..

is it possibe to use pubic hair to cover the scaring?...

has anyone known or used this method?....

greatful for any replys

patchy x

If you type it in the search, or look for Dr. Umar (sp?), you'll see some examples of him using body hair. I don't know if he can take it from your scrotum or anywhere, but I saw where he did it from the chest area.

You might consider contacting Dr. Feller as well; as he does 'mini' FUE procedures that might be an option as well.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

dewyne,i got the impression patchy may be a lady,so taking from the scrotum might be tricky.

fue is the way to go patchy,for your scarring in the hairline.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Originally posted by balody:

dewyne,i got the impression patchy may be a lady,so taking from the scrotum might be tricky.

fue is the way to go patchy,for your scarring in the hairline.

Whoa! Well, that's what I get for trying to be funny I suppose. Ironically, I was thinking about using another word but feared "patchy" might be bigger than me; and I assumed he was a man.

My apologies patchy....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

patchy,im not qualified to answer your question but im sure a doc will be along soon who is.

also plugs is the wrong word,you need fue;follicular unit extraction.

looking at your pics though i would have thought you were an excellent candidate as long as you have good blood supply to the scar etc.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

your forgiven dewayne...

i was very impressed with your pics balody...

i must say the hair transplant looks amaising, and it totally changed your look, for the better.

well done for having the balls to go through with it...a lot wouldnt... i respect that.

px

patchy-

The procedure you require (covering the type of scars in similar position as yours from previous plastics procedures) can be very easily accommodated utilizing 2-300 grafts or so.

These can be removed via FUE extraction, or thru a small (2-3 cm) strip excision. Both methods of extraction will prove to be cosmetically insignificant (with reference to the donor area) in the long run.

I would not recommend BHT (pubic hair) as the donor hair quality/characteristics would be unsatisfactory in this situation.

We have a number of patient examples that mirror your situation; I will try to get some time tomorrow to upload an example.

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

Guest wanthairs

Hi Patchy,

I think I am more qualified than all the docs on this site to adequately answer your question.

But first I would need to examine all the areas and then reach a sound conclusion.

You can send me a private message and I will give you directions to my home clinic in Florida...

Oh and dont be alarmed by the total absence of any medical certifications on the wall........

Guest wanthairs

by the way---

seriously now---your scars are SO minimal. I would not worry about it. Im sure barely anyone notices anything. In fact if you showed that pic without mentioning anything about scars i am sure noone would ever notice...

Patchy,

Any hairs on the body can be used anywhere on the body. The problems that our doctors detail about pubic hair is the texture, growth cycle, and the sweat glands.

Have you consulted with someone to do a scar revision/removal? I am sure the coalition doctors could evaluate your scars with this in mind. Good luck to you.

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own

actually ive seen a lot of cosmetic surgeons here in the uk, all say it would be difficult to remove as the skin is tight on my scalp?..

only 3 months ago one surgeon tried to remove it whilst i was having other stuff done and when the stich dropped off the ugly scar was still there?.......

he was a bit of a quack?...... icon_confused.gif

also im not too worried about texture of hair as my intention is only to hide the scar its-self.

anyway, back the public hair transplant, i aint got that many?...... so i think thats out?... icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif

sorry to gross everyone out?.......

px

Patchy,

I'm not so sure you'd even want to use pubic hair or any other body hair in such a concentrated area, especially in one area of your scalp like the front.

Body hair transplantation may be a viable option for some, but I'm a firm believer in using scalp hair first is better both for consistency with scalp hair, longer growth cycles than body hair, and growth yield.

Best wishes,

Bill

Patchy,

See also my response to you on this thread.

Despite some people buying into the dogma that you can't get a good hair transplant in the UK, in my opinion and based all the evidence I've seen, I believe the Farjo clinic is in par with the leading physicians in North America.

I'd consider consulting with them along with any others you are considering.

Best wishes,

Bill