Early growth with Dr. Rahal

Raphael84

Hey guys,

Heres a question for those who have experienced their HT with Dr Rahal, or like myself, have viewed many of his patients photos and would like to express their opinions and thoughts. Undoubtedly, Rahal is up there with the best, and seems to have hugely consistent results. But in many cases, Mane Attractions being the most recent, Rahals patients more often that not, seem to experience good early growth.

Here are a few other cases off the top of my head that also suggest this, Eman, Canadian Buba, Wantego, DeDom. Whilst every surgeon will have patients that experience early growth, it seems a more consistent phenemenon with Rahal. What are your thoughts on this.

And if you agree, what is your opinion on why? Is it down to technique, post HT care instructions or possibly just the Canadian air? :-)

I personally find it very impressive!

Cheers guys!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hey guys,

Heres a question for those who have experienced their HT with Dr Rahal, or like myself, have viewed many of his patients photos and would like to express their opinions and thoughts. Undoubtedly, Rahal is up there with the best, and seems to have hugely consistent results. But in many cases, Mane Attractions being the most recent, Rahals patients more often that not, seem to experience good early growth.

Here are a few other cases off the top of my head that also suggest this, Eman, Canadian Buba, Wantego, DeDom. Whilst every surgeon will have patients that experience early growth, it seems a more consistent phenemenon with Rahal. What are your thoughts on this.

And if you agree, what is your opinion on why? Is it down to technique, post HT care instructions or possibly just the Canadian air? :-)

I personally find it very impressive!

Cheers guys!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'd agree that it's in part chance. But, I also think that it's due to Rahal transplanting at very high densities, comparitively speaking; so, the actual growth rate would still be consistent with most other clinics, but the growth itself would look more impressive at a given time.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Packing at higher densities would make sense and could be one possible explanation. Good shout Thana.

Of course chance and each patients Physiology determines various factors including growth rate. But I still feel that potentially fast growth rates seem more consistent with Rahal!

I think you are seeing what you want.

Originally posted by Raphael84:

Packing at higher densities would make sense and could be one possible explanation. Good shout Thana.

Of course chance and each patients Physiology determines various factors including growth rate. But I still feel that potentially fast growth rates seem more consistent with Rahal!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Very true!

I do see what I want. Whatever I want.

I also think that Rahal's dense packing might give the illusion of greater early growth. Moreover, several of Rahal's patients seem to be adding hair to the hairline (as opposed to the crown). It's possible that the hairline and temple regions give greater illusion of faster growth than the crown region.

Very true!

I do see what I want. Whatever I want.

What is your hypothesized mechanism? I realize your a potential Rahal patient -thus I understand your bias, however what you are stating is not generalizable just because you noted a few patients here have early growth - we do not know about those who had lagged or normal growth that do not post here.

Good growth to you either way.

Originally posted by Goldilocks:

Dr. Rahal also encourages patients to use Rogaine post-op to help stimulate the growth of the transplants. This can also account for the early growth you are seeing with his patients.

This is certainly a possibility and should be recommended by all docs!

The fact that I will be undergoing a HT with Rahal in the future, seriously played no part in this post (maybe sub-conciously). The motivation being that after seeing Mane Attractions latest thread, and agreeing with other posters comments. It was simply a question that I put out there, after feeling impressed!

There has been some interesting suggestions as to why. Such as dense packing, post HT care, and a mention of technique.

Spex, you are correct in regards to Azza being a slow grower, therefore not supporting this qoute. Hopefully, his result will continue to improve.

The comment regarding being unaware of patients with slower or poor growth not posting here is a "non comment" to me. Whilst it is necessary to be very aware and open minded, and also realise that there is a HT world beyond this forum (meaning that not every patient posts here), we are here to question, comment, post experiences and information, query and support with members of this forum. Therefore, I cannot comment on patients who I have never been in any contact with and do not even know exist. I comment on whats in front of me. Patients experiences and views.

Well then, you were correct - he is a magician, like no other! Congrats on your wise choice, I am sure you will get the best result in the world - while others, maybe not!

The fact that I will be undergoing a HT with Rahal in the future, seriously played no part in this post (maybe sub-conciously). The motivation being that after seeing Mane Attractions latest thread, and agreeing with other posters comments. It was simply a question that I put out there, after feeling impressed!

There has been some interesting suggestions as to why. Such as dense packing, post HT care, and a mention of technique.

Spex, you are correct in regards to Azza being a slow grower, therefore not supporting this qoute. Hopefully, his result will continue to improve.

The comment regarding being unaware of patients with slower or poor growth not posting here is a "non comment" to me. Whilst it is necessary to be very aware and open minded, and also realise that there is a HT world beyond this forum (meaning that not every patient posts here), we are here to question, comment, post experiences and information, query and support with members of this forum. Therefore, I cannot comment on patients who I have never been in any contact with and do not even know exist. I comment on whats in front of me. Patients experiences and views.

The more I think about it the more I really do believe it's predominantly attributed to a high range of densepacking (+ very high yield) over the backdrop of patient physiology, that being the most important, and ultimate, decider. Whether it's a hairline vs. crown case, or an entire scalp being rebuilt as opposed to a more supported area, are all little things that would also contribute to any perception that "miracle" growth rate is occurring.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I've noticed the same thing and commented on this before. I think it's interesting to speculate, but I don't think we'll ever truly know. It could just be coincidence - after all, I've seen fast and slow growers from just about every doctor on this site.

As Spex said, patient physiology definitely plays a role.

Dr. Rahal also encourages patients to use Rogaine post-op to help stimulate the growth of the transplants. This can also account for the early growth you are seeing with his patients.

I think this is a plausible possibility. It may in fact be the best evidence to support that Rogaine may awaken transplanted hair from the dormant phase more rapidly. It's not scientifically proven, but it's possible.

Best wishes,

Bill