Looking Back would you do it all over again?

Hey everyone..basically i want to know if you had the choice to do an ht all over again would you? I know most of you have had multiple surgeries and have had plenty of experience, but was it really one of the best decisions that you made in your life? I'm only asking because im very close to my own and i really haven't confided in anyone except the great people who make up this forum..thank god i found this by the way..Did your confidence go way up? or did it end up not being what you thought it would be. I'm just hoping that i can go back to my oldself and not be held down by my own self-consciousness all day. Im always thinking about it and wearing hats to go out..its gotten so tiresome..i dont do things i used to do and im still young. I just dont want life to keep passing me by. So did it change your life? is essentially what im asking. Thanks for listening..i needed to vent and talk to somebody.

Hey everyone..basically i want to know if you had the choice to do an ht all over again would you? I know most of you have had multiple surgeries and have had plenty of experience, but was it really one of the best decisions that you made in your life? I'm only asking because im very close to my own and i really haven't confided in anyone except the great people who make up this forum..thank god i found this by the way..Did your confidence go way up? or did it end up not being what you thought it would be. I'm just hoping that i can go back to my oldself and not be held down by my own self-consciousness all day. Im always thinking about it and wearing hats to go out..its gotten so tiresome..i dont do things i used to do and im still young. I just dont want life to keep passing me by. So did it change your life? is essentially what im asking. Thanks for listening..i needed to vent and talk to somebody.

None of what you expect is reality . As a matter of fact it has a better chance of going the exact opposite way. Sorry.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Pokerbrat,

Good topic.

Of course, this is a matter of opinion for everyone, and certainly if you are considering an HT, make sure you do plenty of research.

Personally speaking, yes, I'd say that my hair restoration journey has been one of the best decisions that I ever made in my life.

All around I feel more confident in how I look - and therefore more confident in who I am. I am a firm believer that the hair does NOT make the man (or woman), but certainly how we feel we look can impact our self-confidence.

I hope this helps.

Bill

pokerbrat,

Have you ever tried shaving your head. Do yourself a favor and shave it 1st, but keep shaving for a month. You propably wont like it at 1st, but after a while you get used to it i swear. If you want to know.... NO i would not do it over again. Mine was botched and i ended up losing more hair not to mention a 8 inch scar in the back of my head. i have no choice anymore i have to shave my head and to tell you the truth i think shaved heads are making a comeback. ive really gotten used to it. Im way more selfconcious of my scar than my lack of hair. I completly understand the selfconciousness as im the same way, but the sooner you sheve the head the quicker you can get used to it. If you decide after a month you dont like that look then i would say you should look into a HT, but do your homework. Your lucky you found this site 1st. I wasnt so lucky

No I would . But I would have waited 20 years and gone to a real doctor. Are you in a hurry to get your hair back (Mathmaticly impossible) by the way ? You also already seem to have figured out the multiple sugery thang.

This sounds sexy to you?

Use the search.

I am only 4 months post op but already VERY VERY happy with it so far. Would I do it all over again? At this moment, the answer is hell yes. I have had great growth for only 4 months and if it turns out like it should, my answer won't change.

Are you in a hurry to get your hair back (Mathmaticly impossible) by the way ? You also already seem to have figured out the multiple sugery thang.

This sounds sexy to you?

Use the search.

Aquarius,

I'm not sure I understand these questions/statements.

From what I understand, pokerbrat is still researching and considering a transplant...however, he is looking for personal opinions at this point as to whether or not people have been satisfied with their hair transplant.

Personally, I think this is a legitimate question.

At the same time, as I've encouraged, that the decision to proceed should not be based on these answers alone.

Bill

First off..i cant shave my head, i did it once for a while when i was younger(early thirties now) and i look back at pics and i hate it. So..thanks for the suggestion but if i hated it with all my hair, i know i will hate it now.

Second..No Aquarius, i dont really think it sounds sexy...thats why im asking for YOUR opinions. Im sorry you had a bad surgeon and a less than optimal experience.

Third..thanks Bill and pushing40 for your opinions. It made me feel like it will be a great thing if researched and understood properly.

By the way i do currently have an ht planned with Dr. Feller so i know im in good hands. Its a 1500 strip.

Bill-

What part don't you understand ?

The multiple surgery part or that or original density maintainance / application part?

4,000+ post you shouldn't sound so demure.

Thanks..after a lot of reading and research i decided to go with Dr. Feller. I will def create a weblog as soon as i can..the surgery is scheduled for this month so i will be reporting back to everyone as soon as i can. I feel like i did as much as i could do to ensure that this will be a positive successful experience ie..research..questions..and good doc

Not just from this thread, but from topics regarding this very question, the answers usually seem pretty polarized -- either someone got "butchered" at a hairmill after getting duped and regrets it like all hell, or the HT(s) were successful and its given them a new lease on things and they are giddy.

Even though *complete* restoration isn't possible as of now, the tools exist, that, when in the hands of an elite doctor, can yield truly excellent results....and seem to do so at a near perfect rate.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Yes..this is true from reading these boards its either great or really bad..but inevitably something happens in everyones life that leads them down this path and i wanted to find out if its a path worth travelling. For me, a couple of things brought me here..

1.the girlfriend making little comments here and there (oh,you've got a bald spot on the back of your head..me- what...no thats just my cowlick..which at one time it was)

2.Not being able to leave the house (expect for work which i have to)without wondering if my hat is in the car..you know...just in case

3.Looking and feeling way younger than i appear on the outside..and wanting to do those things that i should be doing..(bars.pools/ocean.girls.)None of my friends or family even know i feel this way...maybe i have bdd or maybe i just want my confidence back the way i used to be. Anyone else have those moments when you just knew you couldn't live like that anymore..

poker,

At the end of the day, the only opinion that really matters is your own. If having hair is something that will give you the confidence to do the things you want to do, then by all means just make sure you make an educated decision & choose a good doc. I personally would do it again in a NY second.

Good luck with your procedure, & from what I've seen of Dr. Feller's work, you should be in good hands.

T-awry. Thats about the size of it other than being Giddy, that should be followed by "for now".

pokerbrat - I just flushed 20 minutes of crap that made me cry. The real answer is...

Dump the bitch. Find another while your enjoying life and forget about your head.

aq..i knew you would have some comment. it's cool i just felt like venting to somebody...got a little to in touch w/my feelings..thats ok though im comfortable with that. Yeah the girl..were done. but its hard to enjoylife when im focused on my head..sounds so stupid, but it's true

No doubt, I would do it again in a second!

Hairloss bothered me for 15 years and it did affect my life . Whether it is mental or not, ( most likely both)now that I have almost all my hair back I have noticed a big difference in my life..

I am happier - no doubt

Better response from women - no doubt

Less stress and more confidence - No doubt

Look better - no doubt

I cannot speak for everyone but I know for a fact it has really helped me improve my quality of life overall .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Let me re-phrase what i said earlier. NO i would not do it again w/ the doc who did my original HT, But if i knew i could get better results w/out having a longer scar and if they could actually somehow make my scar look better than why the hell not. Your not alone BTW when you say its hard to enjoy life w/out hair. I truly hope that you get everything you hope for out of this. People say "thats alot of money to spend on hair" but what the hell good is money if you stick yourself in your house all the time and never come out to spend it because your so selfconcious.Good Luck!

I know what you mean, hell, I don't even go into the pool because of my lack of hair. But after Dr. Brad's surgery, I feel pretty confident that in a few months I will be able to do just that, it's been one month, my donor scar looks good and have already shedded some of my hair like I'm suppose to. Now, I'll just be patient and wait, hell yes I'd do it again, going thru life wearing caps all the time, sucks, money is something you can't take with you when you die so what the hell.....enjoy life now.

Pokerbrat - I would definitely do it again. It's been only 5 1/2 months and I already have enough growing in that I was able to:

1) get rid of my combover and cut my hair short (and stopped worrying about the slightest breeze making my hair take-off) 2) am able to jog outside or mow the lawn without a hat for the first time that I can remember

3) get up in the morning and not have to rush to the mirror to fix my hair over the bald spot since I actually have some now.

4) able to take my hat off at the end of a round of golf (like the pros...even though I don't shoot like them icon_smile.gif) without having to snap it back on worrying about how bad it looks

5) able to actually open the windows to my car once in a while and not worry about spending time fixing it before I get out.

6) etc, etc. etc. all making me feel a lot better about myself.

As other posters mentioned, as long as you go to a Coalition doctor, your chances of saying yes to this question in the future greatly increase. Since I also went to Dr. Feller, I'm sure you will also see good results (although your growth time could vary). Stay positive and know that once you weather the first few months, you'll know you made the right decision.

Jersey