A reputable Doctor on Long Island PLEASE!

Peter_888

From what I hear Dr. Feller is your man (i can guarantee you are about to get 50 responses with his name). The only issue I have with him is he makes you shave and I am just not willing to do so. He does appear to do superior work and guys fly in from around the world to see him. Good luck

Originally posted by readyand40:

From what I hear Dr. Feller is your man (i can guarantee you are about to get 50 responses with his name). The only issue I have with him is he makes you shave and I am just not willing to do so. He does appear to do superior work and guys fly in from around the world to see him. Good luck

What do you mean by shaving your head? He makes you shave it all off completely?

Peter, the clinic would shave your recipient area (i.e. where the grafts go) -- Feller, H&W, and many others, feel quite strongly that shaving is essential for producing the best possible result the best % of time, particulary as session sizes become larger.

Much of the time, the route to go is to subsequently give yourself a uniform buzzcut once the staples/sutures are removed, and utilize a concealer like nanogen or couvre to help mask the scar area, which will take some time to subside, but will coincide with your natural hair's growth.

Also, I think I'd only go to Dr. Neil Sadick if I was imitating Charles Bronson, starring in a HTN-inspired rendition of: A Follicular Death Wish.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You are quite lucky: you have one of the top ht docs in the world right in your backyard, Dr.Feller. People travel from around the world to go to him.

hitzig is a nightmare as is his lousy protege karamikian. there has been a class action lawsuit against hitzig if you don't take my word for it.

never heard of sadick but i'd avoid someone who doesn't just do hts....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by KickassDrummer:

I highly recommend Dr. Neil Sadick:

(promotional link removed)

He isn't talked about very much on this forum, but he does excellent work.

I'm a newbie and will be posting my own HT experience thread shortly!

I don't want to sound negative but you sound like an AD for the doc. Also his site has absolutely NO history of previous patients. No photos, NOTHING.

Kickass can be my co-star in "Follicular Death Wish: The Musical"! icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Folks, I had my HT surgery done by Dr. Sadick a few weeks back. I had a great experience and was merely sharing it on the forum. The reception of some of you to my positive comments is really insulting, given that I'm brand new here and trying to contribute in a constructive way.

Bill, I apologize for including the link. I was merely trying to direct the original poster to information about the practice. It was not intended to be a promo of any kind.

don't be insulted kickass. understand that this is an industry filled with slimey docs and money hungry sales guys, neither of whom cares about butchering hapless patients. we basically watch out for each other. if you did have a positive experience please post your results and prove us wrong.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

From reading different forums and seeing results on line Dr. Feller is a great choice.

Kickass; I am happy that you had a great experience and hope that your results are amazing. However recommending a doctor without even having a final results is a bit premature. Good experience don't mean good results. Also through my experience and knowledge doctor that only offer hair transplant and nothing else are more likely to give you a more high quality and natural result. Reading his website it sounds like he also offers flaps and scalp reductions which is now considered a big no-no in hair transplantion.

Regardless good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Originally posted by hairthere:

don't be insulted kickass. understand that this is an industry filled with slimey docs and money hungry sales guys, neither of whom cares about butchering hapless patients. we basically watch out for each other. if you did have a positive experience please post your results and prove us wrong.

I understand - it just feels like if I had recommended Dr. Feller or Dr. Bernstein, nobody would have had an issue. Why the bias against Dr. Sadick? Just seems like an odd way to welcome someone to a community where people look out for each other.

I am just discovering this site and figuring out how to do everything - as soon as I have all of my pics together, I will post them.

Kickass; I am happy that you had a great experience and hope that your results are amazing. However recommending a doctor without even having a final results is a bit premature. Good experience don't mean good results. Also through my experience and knowledge doctor that only offer hair transplant and nothing else are more likely to give you a more high quality and natural result. Reading his website it sounds like he also offers flaps and scalp reductions which is now considered a big no-no in hair transplantion.

Regardless good luck!!

I appreciate the well wishes. I understand your position here, but in looking over many posts on this site, there are plenty of folks who recommend doctors based on their experience, before the results trickle in. I absolutely concur that results are critical, but I don't think I'm doing any harm in recommending someone based on my experience.

I also get what folks are saying about a doctor that only does HTs. I think it's a bit of a generalization; what it really comes down to is doing your homework.

Many doctors have patients who have had excellent results. The true measure of a doctor is not just whether one person had a good experience, but whether there is a long, proven, and consistent track record.

I would never consider a doctor unless I'd seen tons of consistent results. Individual results mean nothing.

Peter-- do yourself a favor and search the forums for Dr. Feller's name. You will see so many positive reviews that you won't have the time to read them all. He's not only one of the most skilled in the world, he's also quite ethical. Unfortunately, that is quite often not the case in the hair transplant industry.

I am a recent Dr. Feller patient, always happy to answer questions. I researched like crazy, and he's one of very surgeons who I would have trusted. Hope this all helps.

Bill, I apologize for including the link. I was merely trying to direct the original poster to information about the practice. It was not intended to be a promo of any kind.

No problem and it didn't appear to be your intention. But as a new poster, it was questionable, so better safe than sorry.

Trust me when I say I wish ALL hair transplant patients a nice new head of hair.

I can't say I'm familiar with your doctor, but I'd certainly like to see some of his work. Where is he located?

I encourage you to post your experience and photos when you get the chance.

Best wishes and happy growing!

Bill

drummer,

feller and bernstein are world-renowned docs who have patients that post hundreds of satisfied results on these boards and dedicated themselves to doing nothing but HTs. They are experts in the field. thus far no one has heard of sadick, hence the distrust factor. add to that the fact that you're a new poster, his web site seems a bit shady, and the fact that he does not practice HTs solely. we have seen many instances before where a poster suddenly pops up touting a new doc with no pics and it becomes obvious they are paid shills--a practice not accepted here.

so again, take no offense, welcome to our community, and we do look forward to seeing your results.

• Moderators

WARNING: Stay far, far away from Dr Hitzig and anyone associated with him (Dr John P Schwinning, Dr James J Malecka, Dr Michael Kassouf, Dr Paul M Goldberg, etc).

Take a look at what they did to me. Although it was a long time ago, from what I can tell they haven't changed much. They still say minigrafts and punch tools are better than other methods. Here's a link to what they did to me.

http://members.aol.com/LongScars/index.html

There are 100s of people suing them. There was a class action as well as several individual lawsuits. Hitzig and company will tell you the lawsuits were dropped because the patients had no case, but that is not true. What Hitzig does is has his lawyers delay proceedings as long as possible until lawsuits start piling up and then closes the corporation and starts a new one the same day in the same offices.

What happens then is those suing have no recourse because the corporation they are suing no longer exists even though Hitzig is still practicing in the same location. It's a loophole in the laws that he and his lawyers are great at working with. He's done this several times over the years and has no problems with continuing to close the company and reopen under a new name as many times as he needs to.

Here's a link to some of the class actions that were going on:

http://www.injuryassist.com/LIMA_Litigation/LIMA_Litigation.htm

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Please, please avoid Dr. Hitzig at all costs. I am now having Dr. Bernstein repair all of the work Dr. Hitzig did to me, although technology has somewhat changed, he in no way compares. Bottom line, avoid do your homework and Dr. Hitzig

Originally posted by hairthere:

drummer,

feller and bernstein are world-renowned docs who have patients that post hundreds of satisfied results on these boards and dedicated themselves to doing nothing but HTs. They are experts in the field. thus far no one has heard of sadick, hence the distrust factor. add to that the fact that you're a new poster, his web site seems a bit shady, and the fact that he does not practice HTs solely. we have seen many instances before where a poster suddenly pops up touting a new doc with no pics and it becomes obvious they are paid shills--a practice not accepted here.

so again, take no offense, welcome to our community, and we do look forward to seeing your results.

Thanks for your response and words of welcome. I definitely understand the skepticism, but I am most certainly not a paid shill! I will post some results photos very soon. Also, for anyone not familiar with Dr. Sadick, he's done quite a bit of research in this field - if you search for his name in your favorite search engine, many studies/articles/etc. will come up. I agree that his website is somewhat lacking, and is out of date, so that particular criticism is fair. Hopefully they will get on that!

Kickass;

I post on this website to give my experience and to support people decision and hope they get a KICKASS result.

I was wondering if you would have researching this website and other hair websites would you have still chosen Dr. Sadick. If so can you please give me the reason why? I am just wondering because like many I have not heard of him and with Dr. Feller as a world class doctor near by I was wondering if you had heard of Dr. Feller?

Thank you and once again good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson