Advice on Docs in Canada

Thinline

Hey Guys

I've been researching HT's and wish I found you a lot sooner and am in need of some good strong advice.

Can someone let me know in their honest opinions if I'm in safe hands by going with Dr Robert Jones for a hair transplant?

Dr Rahal again seems to be the ultimate guy to go to.

I'm 36 and want to seriously do this soon.

Thanks

Hey Thinline,

Can't say I have heard much about Dr. Robert Jones, personally if I was in Canada, I would be booking with Hasson and Wong without a doubt in my mind.

Personally, I would put their clinic in the worlds top 3.

In my opinion,

to date, dr. Robert Jones did not produce consistent results like the H&W or Rahal clinics.

If you want an artistic approach and optimal growth from a strip mega-session, I would not go there.

Thinline,

hi... me again.... i'm fellow Canadian/Torontonian.

if you are OK with strip surgery, then yes here is what i'd do and trust me i've been researching these forums for long long time....

if you are on east cost like myself then Rahal hands down!!!!

if i were living somewhere west i'd probably go with H&W.

but i wanna go with FUE and that's where the whole 'game' changes. so i'll probably go with Umar or Feller or Bisanga but time will tell.....

Thinline,

I think you have received some solid advice! If you are wanting to stay in Canada, then the following are your two best bets, based upon what I've seen posted online, by both the doctor's themselves and their patients over the past several years:

- Hasson & Wong (Vancouver)

- Rahal (Ottawa)

Then I tend to group them into the following categories, although this is a generalization.

For very large cases, H&W seem to have the edge, while for densely packed hairlines, I tend to lean towards Rahal. This is just my opinion, though, so I encourage you to do your research and ask lots of questions.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Have you guys heard of Cam Simmons? Toronto hairtransplant...I think it was formerly Seager institute or he came from there?

Thinline,

Hasson and Wong and Dr. Rahal have a stellar online reputation for producing state of the art hair transplant results. As a result, some of the lesser known physicians like Dr. Simmons aren't as often mentioned and don't receive as many accolades as they deserve.

Dr. Cam Simmons was approved by this community for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network several months ago. You can find several examples of his work in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum and on his recommendation profile. Dr. Simmons has also been visited and observed in live surgery by our Publisher Pat Hennessey. To see highlights from Pat's visit, click here.

For a list of all surgeons we recommend click here. To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Guys and yes I plan to research more and will be meeting with Dr Simmons hopefully soon.

So far Dr Rahal has had the best results from what i've seen but Simmons seems to be doing pretty well as well.

I'll keep you all posted on how the consultation goes!

Thanks again!

Thinline,

I am a patient of Dr. Rahals and I am really happy.

In Canada there are only 3 docs worth time.

Rahal or h&W... dont go to anyone in T.O., trust me I'm from the GTA and have done the assload of research. Jones has ass results and Armani used to produce consistent results

pm me if you have any questins

2998 grafts/ Dr. Rahal/ 9/11/2007

My Hair Loss Weblog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Rahal

Pretty damn happy

Originally posted by dannyskywalker:

Thinline,

I am a patient of Dr. Rahals and I am really happy.

In Canada there are only 3 docs worth time.

Rahal or h&W... dont go to anyone in T.O., trust me I'm from the GTA and have done the assload of research. Jones has ass results and Armani used to produce consistent results.

pm me if you have any questins

Amazing results for only 6 months!! Look forward to more updates and close ups of that hairline!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

i have never understood peoples decision process in choosing a transplant surgeon. it is very simple. never let location sway you from a doctor. if you have to travel halfway across the world so be it. this is an investment in your future. the cost of travel should not be a deciding factor. results speak for themselves. if your intended doctor doesn't show actual cases on his site then he/she is probably not worth trusting. select a doctor that has given consistent results. never select a doctor that promises you the world. a good clinic will give you a scenario that is realistic. why some people ask opinions on doctors most have never heard of is beyond me. go to a doctor that has a good standing reputation. if a doctor that you are considering is getting negative feedback, it is probably worth investigating further before you proceed. if you add all of these criteria up you will find two doctors in canada that fit the bill. hasson and wong! i am three days post op and couldn't be more pleased with everything i experienced. i researched this site for about 3 years before i decided. i never posted, just read and read and read. now that i have completed my procedure, i am willing to share every experience. if i can be of help over the phone please let me know.

no pain no gain

Roscopeeco,

Pleae don't insult my intelligence or anyone elses on here either. Thank you for your opinion. The whole point on here is asking advice and opinions from others. Obviously my "decision" hasn't been made yet (hence why I'm here).

I congratulate you on your surgery and would be very interested to see your progress and am sure others on here as well.

Travelling to the other side of Canada is not my intention (even though I hear it's absolutely beautiful to visit).

So far in my opinion Dr Rahal is the only Doctor that has consistency on here as well as H&W. Rahal also has pretty darn good results from what I have seen on here and I intend to go to him unless some miracle should have it that someone here in TO can produce results as good or better than this.

I need to start saving up a little more to use him though....Worth every penny I'm betting.