++PHOTOS++Crown anyone? Pretty darn fast growth for a crown-Dr. Feller

Some patients are slow growers, some are fast growers, and some are super fast. Take this patient in whom I performed 2000 grafts (just one procedure) into the crown only SIX months ago. When he visited for his follow up I was pleasantly surprised with his accelerated growth. Bear in mind that at only six months he still has another 40% or so of thickening coming. With his permission I present his photos here.

I word of caution, NOT ALL CROWN CASES GROW THIS FAST. Usually the crown is very slow to grow-but apparently not in this guy. To every rule there is an exception and he's it:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Hello Dr. Feller,

Sorry, what are you actually showing here - is this a patient that has received PRP treatment?

Can you gave more details, such as how many treatments the patient received, any medication he's using (to treat hair-loss) and what the time scale is between the photos please?

Thanks, I just wasn't sure what was actually being presented.

Back to your patient, lol. Very nice result so far, especially as you said it has only been 6 months and the grafts were placed in the crown.

hey dr. f, i am guessing this is strip but can you confirm. also, would you perform an fue session of this size if thinning was limited to the crown?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Fantastic. I love the natural 'whirl' pattern in the crown.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Excellent. I also agree that the whirl pattern really looks perfect, and though I'm sure he's already happy with his result, as the density increases he will truly be mint.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thank you for the comments Bill, Future Doc, Thana, and NewJack.

I honestly don't remember if he is on meds or not. My feeling is that he isn't and doesn't want to be but I would have to check the record.

The pattern in the crown is really crucial. It is definitely extra work to reproduce whatever pattern the crown presents, but it's well worth going to the trouble as the final results look far more natural and thicker.

That said, there are definitely exceptions to this rule where it's better to create a pattern different than from one that was there previous.

This patient is already satisfied with this result. More importantly his girlfriend is. When I told him he was only half way grown at this point he was surprised and delighted. I hope he comes for his next round of pics within 6 months.

Hey Telepinu!

Its great that you are considering Dr. Feller...

I got pretty lucky finding him in this forum..

All I can tell you it was a great experience...its been just a little over a month now..I had 3,000 strip..

and im healing great..so looking forward to the months to come...and I wake up every day relieved that I finally went though it...

hardest part is choosing a doctor...

use this forum it will help you immensely

by the way, Dr. Feller super nice...and his staff is so, so great..

Lucky we live in NYC...right?

Good Luck!

_nicky