Life is hell

Mahair

My life has become a living hell and I have no releif from the pain that it has become. I have nightmares about the mistake I made and even with the medicines I am taking I cannot get over it. I wonder how long I will be able to function while being haunted by the reality that the nightmare has become my life.I have tried to get some kind of perspective but I cannot . I have been destroyed by this. I am in tears most of the time.I am having a great deal of despair and regret. How could I have been so blind to such a deception . I am utterly in shreads .How could a someone do this to a person. I don't want to loose everything but I can't seem to get back on the horse.How can a Doctor be so negligent to take someone who came in to find out about hair transplants and do them such harm. I can't get over this. There was no way I needed 2,500 grafts and the tech was right when she said I didn't even need a transplant. I am really loosing my ability to cope and function. The joy I had for life and my business is gone. What is going to happen I don't know.I live in pain every minute. Everything was a deception I cannot beleive.At the cost of quality of life fo a human being. I tried to think that I am more than my hair and that I can do ok if I don't exert myself but it is too much most of the time.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

My life has become a living hell and I have no releif from the pain that it has become. I have nightmares about the mistake I made and even with the medicines I am taking I cannot get over it. I wonder how long I will be able to function while being haunted by the reality that the nightmare has become my life.I have tried to get some kind of perspective but I cannot . I have been destroyed by this. I am in tears most of the time.I am having a great deal of despair and regret. How could I have been so blind to such a deception . I am utterly in shreads .How could a someone do this to a person. I don't want to loose everything but I can't seem to get back on the horse.How can a Doctor be so negligent to take someone who came in to find out about hair transplants and do them such harm. I can't get over this. There was no way I needed 2,500 grafts and the tech was right when she said I didn't even need a transplant. I am really loosing my ability to cope and function. The joy I had for life and my business is gone. What is going to happen I don't know.I live in pain every minute. Everything was a deception I cannot beleive.At the cost of quality of life fo a human being. I tried to think that I am more than my hair and that I can do ok if I don't exert myself but it is too much most of the time.

firstly, who did your procedure. and second, dont panic because there are lots of docs (just read all the posts on here) that do incredible repair work.

i just had mind done wed, and i feel great so far. i just followed everyones advice on here.

so have these guys in this forum help you through it.

Mahair

Please fill us in on the details of what is causing your despair. Is it that the translplant looks bad, or that you feel duped because you said you didn't even really need a transplant, or the financial strain? I would love to be able to give you specific advice, but I can't tell enough about your situation from what you've written here.

Thanks,

Tedd

Mahair-

I know you are stressed beyond belief. But it's too early for that yet. (I know- easier said than done) But just because the brakes are gone doesn't mean you should stop steering. Keep control, talk about it, share with your brothers here. You won't know the end results for months...

We're all here for ya bud-

Mahair,

I really feel for you, but I've seen photos of guys who have been butchered and have had their transplants redone by a great doctor and the results were great. I have read a lot of your posts about how this has destroyed you and I understand the emotional pain this has caused, but now it's time to start thinking about a solution. First, ask yourself how the transplant truly looks visually, separating emotion from the result. A great way to do that is to post your pictures up so we can do it for you. That way you get a fair assessment. Then we can give you some direction on how to fix it if there is a really big issue. Not to push aside your feelings, but sometimes we do see things worse than they really are. One point that leads me to this is that you mentioned you had permanent nerve damage in your donor area. You're only a few months post op, and we all lose feeling after the surgery, but most of it comes back. Calling it "permanent nerve damage" may be premature and inflammatory. But then again, you might right on with this and the other issues - the rest of us just don't know.

You are not the only person this has happened to, and unfortunately, not the last.

Others have come out of their tragic ordeal with great results, and it's time to take their view on the situation. A great role model would be jotronic.

I myself am not totally happy with my HT, as I mentioned in detail in other threads, but I know I will go to someone else and have it fixed. So for now, I just keep brushing my hair forward.

Please take this knowing that I have only your best interest at heart. I just want you to focus on the positive, as hard as it may be. Others have done it, am I'm sure you're strong enough to come out of this as a shining role model to others.

Also, I am a little confused, in one post you mentioned you went to Bosley, and in another MHR. Not that it's important to your feelings, but we want to warn others about the doctor you went to.

Take care,

Joe

If you click on the little "index card" icon at the top of people's posts. it will open a window where you can get more info about them, including "view all recent posts". If you do that, you can read about who a person's doctor was, etc (for any poster).

This is easier than making someone tell their experiences over and over.

I am in despair because I was in the early stages of thinning hair and was mislead and lied to about almost every aspect of the procedure .From what it could do for me and what was involved.They did this knowingly and have caused me great harm.They had no regard for the truth and lied to me straight out .I asked all the right questions and thought they were obliged to give me straight answers they did not.Even the dicussion that the grafts would be kept above my hairline were disregarded,they lowered it to 3 fingers above my eyebrows were I never had hair and left pits ,bumps , scars and pluggy looking three hair grafts. They took out much more of my scalp than they said they were going to from the 6-7" area to going from ear to ear.They oversold the amount of grafts nessasary and may have throw most out.My hair is falling out all over my head and when I asked they said it was stress or the natural progression.I have no sweat from my head and a flaking scalp. The grafts they put in look gross and are spread out and tuft like. They said they used microscopes and didn't.The Doctor was presented as being an artist who was in the process of cloning hair and was the best in the area. He was not he was a neophite and liar.The whole thing was a complete misrepresentation .There was no way they could improve what I had with a hair transplant but they told me I was a great candidate and needed a transplant would never need another hairtransplant.Knowing that doing one at this time would do nothing but decompensate what I had and make it so I would have to do more or look freaky. The doctor changed plans mid operation and put some into my crown during the proceedure ,outlined my temples with grafts and did the low hairline all of which I know now to be taboo. In addition he cut several autonomic nerves that control heartrate and regulate sweat.He was a butcher and a pathological liar. The consultant took part in the act by setting up the senario for the doctor by telling me I needed 1,500 grafts and the doctor said 2,500 to get great results. My goals were full hair they responded with they couldn't give me the hair I had when I was 18 but could come real close to it.They also responded to my questions of problems or complication with there are none. They are ruthless and have gone outside of any standard of business or medical practice.They only presented the consent form after I had already paid for it and had been given a shot. When I asked about the lines that stated post operative pain and scar they told me not to worry about that as that was in reference to flap surgery not what I was having and not to worry about that.I did go to Bosley for an evaluation but the doctor couldn't see me and I had to go . I went to MHR and the Doctor was in so I went there. I wish I had gone to Bosley I think things might have been better because at least they don't oversell and I would have less to deal with and probably not have the nerves cut so severly . I cannot mention the Doctors name because I am in the process of gathering a case against him for negligence as their are acceptable standards of which he disregarded . 2,500 grafts on a n/w 2-3 are way outside that standard. Misrepresentation is another aspect I will pursue .Also the consultants role will be brought to attention. I'll just call him Mr. Honesty as he professed this several times during the consultation.I don't think naming the Doctor would save anyboby from anything or I would do so if I thought it would make a difference as if they read this they would stay away from them in general otherwise I would name names. PD knows who they are as he went there but was told they didn't use microscopes. That was shortly after me so maybe when I brought up this lie they decided they should tell when asked.I am in abject suffering and my joy of life has been taken by these theives. They have interupted my life dramaticly and I suffer daily by what they did.

Hi,

I just read your story. Going to bosley could have even been worse.

Bosley did what you are going through to me almost 20 years ago. Things change. You'll adjust and life goes on.

Good Luck.

[This message was edited by Ken belanger on October 04, 2003 at 06:33 PM.]

So youve had shome shock fallout and are waiting for the hair to grow in.

19 People died today in Israel, blown up by a terrorist. Sorry youre having a bad hair month but nothing you have said in this or your many other posts sounds particularly out of ordinary and it sounds like you are trying to mount a legal case. If he had done 500 grafts, I would consider that negligent. When 2500 grow in on a NW 3, it will look quite nice. Youre not even 3 months post op, they transplanted into existing hair and none of it grow back yet. Big woop.

SHARP

Please read Mahair's post again. He says he was LIED TO by a medical clinic, that they changed the surgical plan in mid-surgery, and other serious issues.

I think your response is a little out of line.

Maybe you need to personally suffer with a permanently damaged appearance (as caused by a doctor) in order to develop some compassion?

Nobody made you read or post a response on this thread, so don't read it if you're not interested. Don't be a jerk.

Sharp...

I'd have to disagree with your assessment of "big woop". We can all make comparisons to people who are less fortunate than us and say that we have no reason to complain, to suck it up and move on, etc. If that were the case though, then there would only be one person on this earth who could ever complain about any detail, even the smallest misfortune in the day, and that would be the person who is in the absolute worst scenario/case on the planet. Everyone else would have to follow the big whoop method of psychothereapy and move on. I've yet to meet the person who never complains.

Mahair...I don't have many, if any, answers for you. Yes, there are people who are much less fortunate than you, but to be put in a place of a more or less disfigurement by people who were supposed to be treating you is most definitely traumatic.

I've had my bouts of severe depression before, for other reasons, faced personal trials, etc...as many others have. Whoever said it earlier in this post about waiting it out is right. There have been other guys who came out from legitmate HT doctor's offices and had severe shock loss or other complication initially, but the end results turned out to be not so bad. An HT is a year long recovery, and there is still hope.

In the meantime, consider therapy or medication if you feel it might help. Also, definitely document everything as much as you can. Any other chinks that we can put in the hair mills armor would be most welcome.

Sharp,

Impressive post of insensitivity. I'm sure Mahair didn't come here to have his situation compared to the middle east conflict.

Mahair, hang in there, I would seriously consider some counseling, your posts seem to be getting more and more desperate. I think a good therapist could help you, and don't lose hope, if things turn out as bad as your describing, then in one years time get yourself another session from a top doc. There's always hope.

Good luck.

Manko

Hes been dropping posts here for the past two months and each time the story changes a bit.

I personally think he's a mental patient based on the frequency, tone, and variance of his posts. As this is the internet, we will never know what actually happened but can either fall into the trap and respond how he wants us to respond, by believeing him, with sympathy, and also in the process trashing his Doctor.

Alternatively, we can choose disbelief him, offer no sympathy, and hold to the belief that his Dr. is alright and that this is a nutcase.

Click. Whirr.

So in weighing the balance between a possible client of MHR and his story, or the likeliness that a butcher story about MHR is untrue, you've decided to tip the scale towards MHR?

If what happened to him actually happened more or less the way he describes it, then I daresay that at minimum, 90% of the posters would be come a "mental patient" , at least temporarily, while looking for support, help, or answers of any kind to help alleviate the situation or get some sort of grasp on what has just occurred to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hes been dropping posts here for the past two months and each time the story changes a bit.

I think maybe you are getting mixed up a little. In another post you said this guy claimed Bosley one day, and MHR the next. I don't think you are entirely correct. I just did a search on his name with "Bosley" as the subject. He says he had a consult at Bosley, and had surgery at MHR.

"I went to MHR and the Doctor was in so I went there. I wish I had gone to Bosley I think things might have been better because at least they don't oversell and I would have less to deal with and probably not have the nerves cut so severly."

When these forums work correctly, guys can come here and get support or feedback. This guy sounds legit from what little we know, but if you think something is amiss, why don't you just ignore him, or wait until you have something solid to complain about.

It is really devastating to have bad results from a HT.

To Mahair

It is not unusual for guys to go through post-operative depression. Before you get totally depressed, are you sure your results are worth getting upset over? How long ago was surgery?

Care to post your pics? You should document your hair transplant, even if you don't post your photos here. But you might get some useful feedback from some of the folks here.

It is hard to offer any specific comments at this point, but hang in there...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hes been dropping posts here for the past two months and each time the story changes a bit.

I think maybe you are getting mixed up a little. In another post you said this guy claimed Bosley one day, and MHR the next. I don't think you are entirely correct.

I think youre getting me confused with someone else. I have never used the B__ word and only have around 50 posts (edit: 80!)so dont spend (too)much time here.

I do remember that this guy had another thread going with the same rant about 3 weeks ago, and then another 3 weeks before that, another thread, and as best as we could tell he was trying to drum up a legal case yet it was way to early to tell anything about the result of the durgery.

His biggest complaint is that his original hair has started to fall out which is either shock loss or pre-programmed loss which will either grow back or would have happened anyway. The whole story about MHR telling him one thing and doing another has been "tacked on".

I dont know why it bothers me that this guys story is changing, or why he keeps restarting the same thread every couple of weeks. I dont know him, I dont have a vested interest in this site, and I havent even had a HT, just been saving and researching.

I'm too lazy to do search, but I suspect the moderator deleted his previous posts, which may explain why this appears like an original post. We had been through this at least twice already with jotronic telling him to wait, etc, etc. The guy never said anything about the actual procecdure that made anyone believe there was a problem. Its not like there was a donor scar or they used plugs, or the hair didnt grow.

EDIT: I just went back and reread this guys post, and now I'm SURE he's fibbing. Plugs? 3 Fingers above eyebrow? Pits and scarring in the hairline? This is all new information. Before his complaint was about shock loss which he felt ill informed about. Ask this guyy the date of his surgery. As far as I remember it was within two months.

SHARP

My mistake, it was a different guy who said Mahair mentioned Bosley and MHR.

I've been accused once or twice of making up my own bad results, so I guess I get a little jumpy when I think I see that happening to someone else.

At this point nothing would surprise me, so if this guy is not legit and is only posting in an effort to hurt MHR, all I can say is that it will backfire. It will be counter-productive.

One time there was a guy in one of the forums, who had a long, negative story. As I read his post, I realized he had lifted several paragraphs from my story, and included it in his post, like it had happened to him. I emailed the guy and told him to knock it off, and the guy copped an attitude to me! Unbelievable.

Anyway, getting bad results is a huge nightmare, and I would tend to give guys the benefit of the doubt... the main thing is this guy feels cheated. Lets hear more from him, and get more info. Maybe he is just going through a typical post-op roller coaster.

I'd hope we can give people the benefit of the doubt, if there is a doubt, because places like this are pretty much the only place a guy with a bad HT can turn for help.

I am just over four months and the problems and issues I am having are all real. This has not been a rollercoaster as much as it has been a downward spiral. I was shocked when I started to loose my hair from shock and it is still leaving.the bumps and pits on my hairline are also as plain as day .Also my hairline was lowered to three fingers above my eyebrow and they did not use F-u's but micro-minigrafts which are 3 hair units in my new hairline.I wish this was a fib or just a bad dream but its not I am living it and it is not fun.

Man, my heart goes out to you. Im sorry that you've had to go thru some really bad experiences. I think that these forums provide a great means for exchanging information. A certain camaraderie is formed since we can all relate to hair loss and our greatest fear is to be further disfigured by someone we should supposedly trust. We all cringe when we hear or see a bad HT, because we know that could have easily been us. Hang in there, bud..we are with you!

dtrojanz

Norwood 5 sucks...but 7 swallows

Mahair:

Please post some picts so we can help you out better.

I know this takes time and courage in some cases, but that is how we can give you the best feedback.

And regardless of our feedback, we can't necessarily change how you feel about your HT. But what can be provided is honest feedback on the situation by people who've been there. That is very valuable. It certainly was to me.

And believe me, many here are quite willing to help qwell ANY HT establishment that practices and sells their techniques in a manner that is deceptive or misrepresentative. Or any establishment who produces disfiguring results.

It still amazes me that people are capable of such evil things. Maybe I should wake up.

But let us help you better by posting picts. In the mean time, hang in there. WE can make things better before they get worse. We just have to believe that that sort of thing is possible.

It is.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I have been trying very hard to survive through this but I am still in a very bad way. I do not have a camera and at this point I am just not functioning too well or very gainfully either. I am grateful for the concern people have shown as I am going through this nightmare. I am still trying to accept the effects that this has had on my body and mind.I guess its even harder to know that it was done to me by the Doctor with the knowledge that I would not really benifit from a hairtransplant of that magnitude and it would cause me more hard than good.What makes it worse is that he did me such damage physically.I have not been able to continue in the way I once had asthetics aside. I try to beleive that the Doctor did not do this to me with intent or just made some mistakes but as I reveiw what happened to me I am more disheartened that he did.I will try my best to get someone to take pictures of me as I should try to document this digression. But I already know that the doctor will say it is the natural progression as he did when I showed it to him .Aside from that the hairs are appearing and they are growing in as tufts here and there and look disgusting. I don't have any piece of mind and get worse by the day. They lied to me for money plain and simple and have little regard for what they did or the truth.I am also more than disheartened that a Doctor took such a role in this and I damaged as a result of his lack of ethics and poor skills. I only hope that noone else gets harmed by this so called Doctor and that they discontinue there misrepresentations and deceit. I would not have gone forward if this was presented to me properly or if my questions were answered truthfully.

I really don't think Bosley would bother coming here for any type of smear campaign. They and MHR are talked very poorly of here and would do well to keep any of their potential clients as far as possible from this board. Any person who even mentions Bosley/MHR is automatically set on the right path here.

I never saw the posts where the guy was stealing paragraphs from Arfy's story, but I do believe there are people out there sick enough to do that type of thing for attention.

I also believe that anyone who has gone through what Mahair describes would also do that much talking here. Like Arfy said, this board can be the only place to turn to for someone who has had a horrible HT experience. It's a therapy of sorts. People go to psychiatrists/therapists all the time, but if the person goes back for more visits does that mean he's making something up? Talking things out is what people do, and even if this guy's story is a fake, perhaps it would help someone who is silently suffering and too embarassed to help, but can identify with the situation and appreciate the support offered.